Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
B) No....I am Christie PI...and I must stop...Roscoe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

B

Volmarias posted:

Also, voting to call the magistrate Fishamel, since we're being rescued from our hunger as Ishamel rescued Enkidel.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B) No....I am Christie PI and I must stop Roscoe

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
B
The magistrate knows more about the hunger than we do. If we cant control it then it will devour us too.

e: But hold her tight. We might be getting framed good for eating the roe

Basscop fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 14, 2014

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B - We're about to go bad cop, and Roscoe is dutifully keeping us from crossing the line more than we should.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
B

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

b

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

the_steve posted:

B - We're about to go bad cop, and Roscoe is dutifully keeping us from crossing the line more than we should.

He's a good egg.

B

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
B.

Let's see what Roscoe wants. That is, before we loving eat him too. So hungry...

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
So Hungry. The little spot. It's not a spot. it's Roscoe. You knew a Roscoe once. A Shrimp, delicious and crunchy. The magistrate'a grip slips for a second, letting you close the distance. You beak widens, ready to clamp down on the little shrimp. What an appetizer before dealing with the thing attacking you. Hunger roars within you as your form shifts and twists, new teeth burst from your mantle and reach out to bite.

No! You are not going to eat your friend. You're a PI for Hungers sake. Eating your partner and destroying evidence. Hell you're pretty sure you killed half of the badges in this cave and you're about to turn on a client. What's the matter with you? Your hunger turns inward and your rapid transformation quickly begins to reverse. You look down at Roscoe, sweating bullets from under his cap. "....help..." Is all you can whisper before something sharp stabs into your back. You look behind you to see why the magistrate's grip had loosened. A tentacle is working a jagged crystal into your back. The pain is nearly drowning out the hunger, but there is no blood.

The world twists. You are still in the cave, but at the same time you are in another place. A rainbow of colors dances in your mind. You can see the roiling hunger below, black and red. Tendrils of the inky dark lash at your body, holding you down. Above you see the surface, dancing and scattering the light of the sun. There is a splash and two forms descend. Cuttlefish, but not quite cuttlefish. They have your face but are much larger than you, about 20 body lengths. Something tells you to choose.

The cuttlefish on the right looks more shell than creature and the sections that are exposed glitter with scales. It can still cloak but it's skin is far less capable of changing texture. The rigid shell and toughened flesh looks as if it could take some damage, unlike your soft body now. The tentacles on your armored self sport hardened tips and are lined with toothed suckers. A formidable predator.

On your left is a more elegant looking creature. It is roughly the same size as the armored one, but much more lithe. Tentacles are more numerous and thinner. The skin is almost translucent, but constantly shifting and molding to match the water around it. You realize that it's not translucent, but expertly mimicking it's appearance to appear that way. The creature also appears to have an enlarged mind, pulsing beneath the skin. You watch as it stabs a passing crab with a thin tentacle. A moment passes and the tentacle withdraws. The crab waves it's claws in reverence and then flips over to expose its weak underside. This version of you seems to be able to more easily mentally sway lesser creatures.

A voice whispers to you to choose. You can stabilize into one of these new forms as your hunger rush fades. You...

A) Choose the battle form. Harden your skin and increase your offensive abilities.
B) Choose the infiltrator form. Evolve new ways to hide, control lesser creatures, and increase your defensive awareness
C) Reject this and choose the Hunger. There are no limits for you this day.
D) Return your form to what it was and maybe choose again later.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 15, 2014

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A - We're a PI, not Queen Subtle. Rough and tumble is our nature.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B Being stealthy is pretty important for a detective. Additionally, we'd be able to use our ability to command lesser creatures in order to get them to give us information.

Also, I don't think hunger is a good choice here given what happened last time. Even if we don't eat Roscoe now, eventually we'll lose control and eat him. So, if you want Roscoe to live, then I don't think it is a good choice.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I would just like to point out: How many times have we been blindsided and suckerpunched since coming into this town?
We literally just escaped from being ambushed and buried alive, which happened after being suckerpunched and jumped by crabs (and losing a tentacle. Also, we mind controlled the crab), and THAT was after getting suckerpunched by Lefty when he was doing his senile act.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
E. Eat both of the forms.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
B

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Obscil posted:

B Being stealthy is pretty important for a detective. Additionally, we'd be able to use our ability to command lesser creatures in order to get them to give us information.

A good Private Dick knows how to use his fists but knows that it's better not to get rough if possible. So, let's be stealthy and smart. B

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Gumshoes wear soft soles. And there's always a bigger, tougher fish. B

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A. We didn't choose the beak life, the beak life chose us.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
B

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
B

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Body Armor for our future killdozer adventure.

Now with 100% more water!©

Azurius
Oct 31, 2010

Leaping to victory!
Blending in, solving crimes.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
B

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Blend in!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
A voice whispers to you to choose. You can stabilize into one of these new forms as your hunger rush fades. You...

A) Choose the battle form. Harden your skin and increase your offensive abilities.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B I am the nightsea.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B There's always a bigger fish, but that fish can't eat what it can't see.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
B. Stealth is way cooler than armor.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well, at least it's better than a bow!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A C'mon we need to armor up before an octopus literally sucker punches us!

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A Darker Porpoise posted:

A C'mon we need to armor up before an octopus literally sucker punches us!

I think the octopus is trying to help us by stabbing us with the weird shard thing

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

A

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
Be the sneakiest.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B Most of our non-Hunger combat success has come through successful ambushing of enemies rather than direct conflict. We tend to spray ink everywhere, cloak, neurotoxin the toughest fucker and then kill the rest before they can react.

B seems to fit our playstyle to this point best, other than moments of insane hunger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

HBar posted:

B There's always a bigger fish, but that fish can't eat what it can't see.

"Oh, hey there!"

• Locked thread