Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I keep a hammer next to the thermostat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

instead of turning the thermo-meter up, get your GF thyroid medication. Depending on your insurance, it will most likely be cheaper.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
70-72 all year round.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
0 degrees centrigrade op

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

lol seriously, 74? yes i like it warm and moist in my house at all times thank you. 74 is at the cusp of sweating

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
ahaha 74 what the gently caress. how many of you people that set your heat that high also have the AC running at 69 in the summer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't have central ac

I feel very superior about it

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
wow. summers over. i am finally free from the shackles of oppressive soul destroying summer heat. better crank the heater up to 74. -- goons

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I can't even tell what you guys are saying.

Firmy Shoyombo
Apr 3, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
68 is perfect

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

everyone knows that 67 degrees is literally the ambient temperature in heaven, but i don't bother spending on that poo poo and just rip the thermo off the wall

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DoomLazer posted:

I think 62 degrees is fine but people in the northwest think that it 'feels' colder because they have humidity. Also I like it cold so gently caress off and it never snows in this shithole and I like snow. Also there are no thunderstorms here ever so the pacific northwest sucks dick.

What do you think is a normal temperature to set the thermostat to where you live during winter?

I keep ours at 68 because thats what the HVAC dude said, this is in Georgia.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Haverchuck posted:

65-68 acceptable range

Rabbit Hill posted:

Although I turn it down to 63 at night so I can snuggle under the heavy blankets. :3:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
usually 72 or 74 if i wanna be warm and not just comfortable

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
71 year round, don't ever change that poo poo.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
This is all of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE1Renzd-G0&t=62s

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I have an old thermostat that I'm not really sure how to operate properly. It somehow got changed over to Celsius. Right now we have the house set at 19. That seems pretty good.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

some rich fuckin goons up in this place

yall carbon footprint kaiju size

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Rhopunzel posted:

usually 72 or 74 if i wanna be warm and not just comfortable

Same and that's the case all year with upper and lower limits. 72~ is preferred, but the rule is that it has to be above 70 and below 75.

I like to be comfortable. Saving $9 isn't high on my list of priorities.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I just vacation in a warmer climate during the cold weather so I don't really worry about thermostats.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

saving $9? where the hell do you live?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Demonachizer posted:

I just vacation in a warmer climate during the cold weather so I don't really worry about thermostats.

if you do this please drive the proper speed limit as I'm so fuckin tired of snowbirds

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

boohoo all these rich americans keep vacationing in my podunk town and injecting loads of cash into the local economy :ungrateful third world tears:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rabbit Hill posted:

Although I turn it down to 63 at night so I can snuggle under the heavy blankets. :3:

word.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

nomadologique posted:

boohoo all these rich americans keep vacationing in my podunk town and injecting loads of cash into the local economy :ungrateful third world tears:

i'm tired of old people driving 60 in a 70 etc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

if you do this please drive the proper speed limit as I'm so fuckin tired of snowbirds

wait

People drive slower than the speed limit? holy poo poo.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

euphronius posted:

wait

DWO is a common problem I see on the roads.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
why woul dyou set your thermostat to 67 or 68 when 69 is right loving there

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

nomadologique posted:

saving $9? where the hell do you live?

Boston for 15 years and now in Greater NYC (CT). And yeah, if you keep it at 68 vs 72 you aren't exactly swimming in diamonds and fur coats with the cost savings. It's negligible. Though I suppose it depends on the type of heat you have. I've had electric for years.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

euphronius posted:

wait

and it's always some old person with new england plates

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Shadow posted:

Boston for 15 years and now in Greater NYC (CT). And yeah, if you keep it at 68 vs 72 you aren't exactly swimming in diamonds and fur coats with the cost savings. It's negligible. Though I suppose it depends on the type of heat you have. I've had electric for years.

plus your savings isn't all that much if you live in an apartment and your bill isn't all that much in the first place.

if i had to heat a whole house, i'd probably knock a few degrees off to save some money

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I get pissed when people drive the speed limit poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have oil heat :negative:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had electric heat in my last place, so I kept it at 60 or lower. That poo poo was expensive. My electric bill went from 20 bucks a month in the summer to 100 a month in the winter.

The place before that was an apartment building with a central boiler. No thermastat for me, and because of where I was in the building, it would regularly hit 90 in my apartment that winter.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

euphronius posted:

I get pissed when people drive the speed limit poo poo.

not shovelling snow, versus going under the speed limit 6mo out of the year.

the choice is yours

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I like it at 72 in my place but I think the system is kinda hosed up because it is an old small office building and some of the rooms don't have heat ducts coming out of the ceiling

also the common wall that is on the other side of the outside of the building has like zero insulation in it so that wall is always super goddamn cold no matter what

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do you live in Malta?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Sometimes I let it get a little colder, I like wearing sweaters and hoodies indoors and snuggling up under a comforter with a furry heater named Cooper who might also be a dog. loving electric heat, thank god I at least have a chilled water system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hoping to make it at least to december without turning on the heat

pretty sure i will

• Locked thread