Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Soooo I just started listening to the Sixth audio 'Doctor Who and the Pirates' and was immediately struck by it being goofy as poo poo. I did some research and discovered that it is, apparently, a musical.

In all honesty, is it awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

CobiWann posted:

Only one episode is truly a "musical." It's very musical-esque, but only the third episode is full blown Gilbert and Sullivan.

Here! Have a link to my review.

http://tinyurl.com/ntoen9x

Detective No. 27 posted:

Listen to the whole story. It's actually really poignant.

Thank you kindly.

I'm not in the right mood for a goofy adventure just now but I'll give it a go another time.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Tim Burns Effect posted:

But that implies skipping The Renaissance Man which would be a HUGE mistake.

I have enjoyed all of the Fourth Doctor ones with Leela up to The Crooked Man, which is as far as I've gotten. They're not uniformly great but they have all been entertaining. They do an interesting thing trying to get across Leela's level of badassery in 'White Ghosts' which was pretty rad, and Virginia Hey is in it!

Crooked Man is a fairly daring concept, too.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoy Silver Nemesis. I can't justify it, nor can I deny that it is pretty objectively terrible in a hell of a lot of ways. But for whatever reason, I still really enjoy it!

I mean it is bad, but on the other hand, Cybermen AND Nazis.

• Locked thread