Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Could someone please post ian_levine.gif? I was telling someone about it earlier and she refused to believe its existence (despite knowing his reputation).

I tried searching tumblr for Ian Levine. I would recommend not searching tumblr for Ian Levine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

That's the one. :allears:

Speaking of tumblr, what happened to yours, DoctorWhat? I kinda liked it. :shobon:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

The pacing is solid, the direction is good, the Silence are genuinely creepy, and the "victory", though morally dubious in the extreme, is cleverly effected. There's excellent moments, like Rory's trauma over his alternate life, and the fantastically bizarre imagery of the Astronaut rising from a lake with a laser gun. Canton owns, too.

I love that final scene of Canton and Nixon in the Oval Office. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVlCUFDc6w

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know what got the bigger reaction when I saw it in the cinema: "Calling the War Council of Gallifrey: this is the Doctor!", "No sir, all thirteen!", or "You know, I really think you might". I have to admit I loving loved all three lines.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently, Catherine Tregenna–who wrote the Torchwood episode "Out of Time" (which personally, I loved) among others–will be writing an episode for series 9, becoming the first female writer for the show since Helen Raynor's Sontaran two-parter in 2008.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Where was this announced? Do we have a listing of writers for next season, or did she just comeout and say that herself?

If it's the former, is the Mummy/Flatline guy back on?

It's on her online CV. Tregenna, for what's worth, also wrote "Captain Jack Harkness", "Meat", and "Adam".

Getting more female writers was something Neil Gaiman really wanted, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the series 9 list too.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The soundtrack to both Day and Time came out on Monday, and while the show is a bit too reliant on Murray Gold (I swear, it must be in the way it's mixed), Gold's massive strength in having pieces that can be easily representative of parts of the episodes, and vice-versa. When used well, leitmotif can be very effective: take, for example, the Cyberman reveal through the music in "Dark Water", although my personal favourite is how the Cyberman theme turns into the Dalek theme in "Army of Ghosts".

That all said, I still can't stop listening to "Never Tell Me the Rules". :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Elton from Love and Monsters had the last name Pope...

I'm sorta freaking out, tbh. This is some Da Vinci Code-type poo poo.

In London Lies A Knight A Pope Interred?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTNjmKZ9t3E

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

And then there's "Never Tell Me The Rules" which I can't ever stay mad at. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdWNevpg-k

Pretty much because it's as bombastic as the scene requires.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So we're doing Inception too?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

computer parts posted:

Midnight is at a resort.

And you'd get one hell of a tan.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Noxville posted:

That was the most enjoyable episode by Moffat in a good long while, but I do wish he'd stop digging into that same bag of tricks so frequently.

The "try to suppress an involuntary bodily function" bag of tricks?

Also, didn't they say that they shot two endings in case Coleman didn't want to extend her contract?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh come on, Rhyno, can't we just let Zygons be bygones?

I DID IT! I MADE THE JOKE! WHOOHOO!

Out.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

I thought he wanted to be a coat

it's spelt coat

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So , what you're saying is Doctor Who's on first?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIdqvMUhrE

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

In case you missed it, RTD continued his love of reusing names by naming the insurance company that one of the main characters works at H.C. Clements.

I'm now imagining a giant spider woman underneath Canal Street now. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I just had a vision of Cena going "It's the end...but the moment has been prepared for" and then the Watcher is revealed to be Roman Reigns. :v:

And Rory turns out to be Daniel Bryan in disguise. :v:

• Locked thread