Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Fourth Doctor – The Wrath of the Iceni, a purely historical tale set amidst one of Britain’s most romanticized periods.

But that implies skipping The Renaissance Man which would be a HUGE mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Astroman posted:

I just finished my first 4th Doctor, and Peter Purves/1st Doctor, audios. Both were really good. Peter Purves' Hartnell isn't as good as Frazer Hines' Troughton, but it's still quite good. He does a solid job of channeling his younger self, but Maureen O'Brien really stole the show as Vicki. Uncanny. Even more so then Wendy Padbury's Zoe, if only because of the sheer difference when she uses her "normal" voice narrating.

Now try a William Russell/1st Doctor story, he's wonderful to listen to. :allears:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

All this talk of terrible Christmas specials and no mention of The Feast of Steven yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9kzITMaEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmev8P7eT0g

The only episode we have literally no hope of recovering in the future because not a single broadcast station outside the UK ordered it. Because no one wanted it.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

From a thread on /r/gallifrey, "Which companion from non-televised media would you be interested in seeing in the television series?"

seraphnb posted:

Frobisher is already the Doctor. I thought this was canon.

When 11 knew he was going to die, he picked up Frobisher the Penguin – who had just (Torchwood: Children of Earth spoiler): faked the death of his human persona from Children of Earth – and let him know the plan. See, 11 didn't want Clara to be unhappy when he died, so he set up an elaborate ruse where, after he died, Frobisher would dress up as him in the Tardis and fake a sudden regeneration into "12". Without much preparation, Frobisher slipped back into his too-comfy form from CoE, basically pretending to be 6 since that's the Doctor he knew best.

That's why 12 didn't immediately recognize Missy with his Time Lord powers – he doesn't have Time Lord powers, because he's not really a Time Lord. When he pretended he didn't know how to fly the Tardis? He wasn't pretending.

Who knows when the ruse will end?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

BSam posted:

Don't forget the Early Adventures, I've heard them all so far and they're really good!

I've only listened to The Bounty of Ceres so far and Peter Purves owns. He also does a great Hartnell impression: his voice may not sound exactly the same but he's got the mannerisms down to a tee. After about five minutes I had forgotten that it wasn't actually him.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

TellTale game

polished

Choose one.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Well apparently the "Key to Time" box set is out of print in R1. I found this out by trying to order it in December when they had it marked down to $45 and them not sending it to me because they ran out. And now there's only used ones that are $90+ :negative:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Isn't the actual game itself just matching three symbols together over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, though?

I started reading this page from the bottom up and for a second I thought we'd started talking about the celestial toymaker again

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

They're certainly not cheap but Dark Bunny Tees has some of my favorite DW shirts. I've got this one:

I might need to save up for this one though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

I still can't get over how almost but not quite entirely unlike Patrick Troughton that guy looks.

• Locked thread