Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

No mention of plum pudding?

Christmas isn't Christmas without plum pudding.

When is a door not a door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Not just an announcement about Dark Eyes 4 - they snuck in that they're planning a new series of 8th Doctor box sets to be announced formally next year. Glad to see Paul McGann is continuing on with Big Finish, when Dark Eyes 2, 3, and 4 were announced it seemed like they were getting him to a point where he could stop if he chose to.

From the special features on DE3, it really seemed like Night of The Doctor and Five(ish) Doctors Reboot had an invigorating effect on his interest in the franchise. Here's to hoping that they retain the license past 2016. In a perfect world, they'd get the license for new Doctors once Capaldi chooses to end his reign on TV and makes the jump with the other revival Doctors to audio.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
So is the real Doctor buried at Trenzalore then? Where did the second TARDIS come from in that case? Did the TARDIS bud off and grow a new one in the ~900 years the Doctor was on Trenzalore?

This is actually starting to make a startling amount of sense.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I'm still hoping that Missy is a direct regeneration of the MacQueen Master and she had no idea what The Doctor was talking about. She does basically just parrot his words back to him, its not a far leap for her to pretend she knew more. After all, The Master would get dizzy trying to walk a straight line.

Though, did she mention being Prime Minister at all?

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Will the wiki have sortable lists? If you have a list of appearances in a table on the character page, it could be cool to have it both sortable by production/release order as well as chronological order for the character. For some events the actual order would be up to interpretation, but it wouldn't be too crazy.

With the current series, it would really only apply to characters like River. If you eventually cover the classic series and the audios (and maybe books, comics, etc) it would be much more useful. There could be icons or color coding for the type of media of each appearance, multiple appearances in the same episode/book/audio could link to each other but otherwise be sorted independently.

Are there transcripts or scripts of the audios out there on the web? While the webisodes and episodes seem fairly straightforward to skim through and catalogue, going through the audios basically involves listening to them again.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I'm not sure exactly what your plan is - is it intended to be solely a production wiki? To what extent do you plan to summarize episodes or note connections between episodes? Do you intend to have a table of character/actor appearances at all?

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
As I tell my writing team, if you swap the gender of your character and they suddenly make no sense, you've written a lovely character.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
They can be, but the point is that a character's motivations and character traits need to be fleshed out to more than a chromosome. There are very few well written characters that couldn't be gender swapped.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I hope 6 regenerates to 7 partway through the story but has to disguise himself as 6.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Someone on the Big Finish forums noticed that the final of the 4 scheduled box sets for this UNIT series will be coming out in 2017 - after the current Doctor Who contract expires. I think we're going to be seeing some very big announcements in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: Some more big announcements. Already the past few weeks have had some huge ones.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

cargohills posted:

Remember that video showing off the average face of the Doctor? Well, there's one for the Master now too.

I know I'm not the only one wondering where MacQueen is.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

adhuin posted:

He's in 4:49 in section called Faces for radio.

Ah nice, I had turned it off assuming that was it. Have they done one of these averaging out the companions of each Doctor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Jerusalem posted:

The end of Trial of the Timelord kind of works around the concept of the Master just showing up in the middle of another villain's scheme and taking great glee in loving with all their carefully-laid plans, just for the sheer fun of it all. The Valeyard's "you..... motherfucker :aaa:" reaction is pretty amazing.

To be fair it's the Doctor he's loving with.

• Locked thread