Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hi the thread ate your post sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Seriously, we've gotta get a new thread started.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah even if the existing outdated OP is just copied over it'd be better than this one with the drat ghost post. If nobody starts one in the next day or so I'll probably do it.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
This cop got me thinking I should do the stunt jumps in this game:

Is there good guide for a short path through all the stunt jumps or a video I could watch while I go through them?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Eyud posted:

Yeah even if the existing outdated OP is just copied over it'd be better than this one with the drat ghost post. If nobody starts one in the next day or so I'll probably do it.

Ok someone on Discord mentioned they're gonna actually write a new OP so I won't do this.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
What if there's been like 7 new OP attempts but the post linking the new thread is always the ghost post.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Araganzar posted:

Is there good guide for a short path through all the stunt jumps or a video I could watch while I go through them?

All you get paint jobs and the game doesn't keep track of which ones you did or not

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'll never quit posting in this thread you can't stop me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve successfully gotten 4 players for this setup for Prison Break twice and both times it ended after a minute because of someone quitting. I’m going to be eternally trying to break Rashkovsky out of prison.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Araganzar posted:

Just grab a map and hit up the ones you can find until you get the yellow and green paint jobs, then proceed to pearlescent that poo poo together.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Araganzar posted:

I followed this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3cwEwlvZU when I did all of them and googled a map of them, that I used to cross over the ones I finished, so I could spread it out over more than one day.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

As his agent, I can confirm he does have an availability on the February 29th. I’ll pencil you in and send the necessary waivers ASAP.

Malakai—even though Sister Fister spurred your advances.. you can gargle my hog anytime. Mainly because it’ll keep you from talking.

On topic: I forget who mentioned it a couple pages back about the Stromberg being a viable counter to oppressors/Deluxo’s, but if you legitimately have been killing people with it then you’re playing with morons. If you know what you’re doing, the Deluxo wipes everything out simply because it can fire in any direction and change direction nearly instantly. It is truly a marvel.

It can't lock onto a Strom without the Strom also being able to lock on to it, it can't dodge Ruiner-style missiles, and it can't tank 3 of them. QED

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I haven't played Doom in a couple months and I'm thinking it's time to make room to reinstall this game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would just like to say my ghost post was topical and humorous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Went to do the Humane Labs raid. My gunner in the copilot seat did not, in fact, realize that there was a gun no matter how many times I yelled at him. Despite this, I managed to successfully take down one enemy chopper by crashing into it before finally being taken down by 3 missiles in a row.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

mutata posted:

I'll never quit posting in this thread you can't stop me.

Yes same

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I hear if you post in this thread right as Trevor starts crying in the cutscene you can replay the heist section of A-Series, but they're patching it for the new thread.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Eastside...

Westside...

It's all Pug Life

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The new Kamacho is basically a Jeep Honcho and it rules. It has some actual 80s rear end Jeep liveries, real good customization options, and it's ballin as hell off road. I'm so happy they're putting in stuff like this :allears:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The rules also drat man if ya gonna take a few screens at least make it one of both sides ya goof

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

verbal enema posted:

The rules also drat man if ya gonna take a few screens at least make it one of both sides ya goof

To be fair those were quick snapshots, I'll do a proper rear end effort post tomorrow when I mess about in the editor :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yay

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

T1g4h posted:

The new Kamacho is basically a Jeep Honcho and it rules. It has some actual 80s rear end Jeep liveries, real good customization options, and it's ballin as hell off road. I'm so happy they're putting in stuff like this :allears:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/11/27/insider-says-convertible-jeep-scrambler-pickup-is-coming-in-2019.html

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Any recommendations for a guy who just got an office and two small Special Cargo warehouses on how to maximize profit? I've only got the barest clues as to what to do, but I have a lot of fancy clothes if that helps.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

Any recommendations for a guy who just got an office and two small Special Cargo warehouses on how to maximize profit? I've only got the barest clues as to what to do, but I have a lot of fancy clothes if that helps.

Make sure you own a buzzard. Run VIP work such as headhunter to fund your crate purchases. Buy 3 crates at a time every time, unless you only need 1 or 2 to fill the warehouse. Find a couple reliable players to help when you need to sell your stock & always sell in a netsplit lobby. You can use something like session sweeper if you don't want to gently caress around with your firewall settings, alternatively you can simply open resource monitor in Windows, click the network tab & find gtav.exe, right click & suspend the process for about 8 seconds, then resume & tada you're in your own session... until friends start joining. Once you've got a few players in the session R* matchmaking will start dropping randoms into your session so make sure to only netsplit when you are ready & have as many helpers as you may need.

Do this until you can buy a vehicle warehouse & then never look back. Crates are the absolute cancer of this game & at this point there are many better things to have. Personally, I like to use the bunker to earn money since it's very little work & nets a little over a million when full.

Good luck on your future business endeavors, friend.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Small warehouses (16 crates) gross $240k when you sell them. If you buy 3 crates and alternate you can pretty much bypass the cooldown timer. So 12 total runs to fill it up, once you get in the groove its about 5 minutes a run, even generously you're looking at about 90 min to fill both, and then selling- so lets call it about a 2 hour grind to make $500,000 - this is a gross number so gotta take out your investment to figure profit. Your final net profit on a small warehouse ends up being about ~$150,000. Like he said, do this till you can afford a I/E warehouse or other business for grinding. And, no, you can never sell the warehouses after you move on, so you'll always have 2 now. I traded one in for a large and just fill that as time allows. Takes a lot longer to fill but when it does it's a nice lil $2M delivery to keep in your pocket

anyway, stupid min max math.. these 2 series will use the least amount of time/trips and be the most efficient for what you're asking

3 + 3 + 3+ 3 + 3 + 1
18,000 + 18,000 + 18,000 + 18,000 + 18,000 + 2,000 = 92,000 buy in. 240,000 - 92,000 = 148,000 profit for each ware house

3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 works out a few thousand cheaper on the buy end of it
18,000 + 18,000 + 18,000 + 18,000 + 8,000 + 8,000 = 88,000 buy in. 240,000 - 88,000 = 152,000 profit for each ware house

personally when I pick a night to just grind out and drive around, I do 2's since its usually a solo night, and the back and forth for 2 crates doesnt seem as mentally taxing as 3 trips. About half of the missions end up being a single delivery van. Too bad theres no way to peek at the algorithm to see what the next mission will be(single or multiple packages)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

And yeah definitely for crates, the best weapon is something that can go directly back and forth without having to stick to roads - Buzzard, Opressor, Deluxo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

And yeah definitely for crates, the best weapon is something that can go directly back and forth without having to stick to roads - Buzzard, Opressor, Deluxo

Is there any way to save aircraft at an office by default or will I need a hangar for that? I only saw options to buy car garages.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there any way to save aircraft at an office by default or will I need a hangar for that? I only saw options to buy car garages.

Hangars are the only way to have a "personal air vehicle" and not have to call Pegasus

If you own a Buzzard you can register as a CEO and summon it from the ether for free with or without a hangar and it'll spawn right on top of you it owns.

Alternatively just shell out of the Deluxo and have a helicopter you can store in your garage.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

You buy the hangar at the uhhhhhhhhh Maze Foreclosed website? Same one you buy bunkers and facilitys at.
Without buying a Hangar(2 locations at LSIA, 2 locations at the military base), you are pretty much limited to Pegasus for planes. These can be summoned by calling Pegasus for a nearby delivery, and most on this list can be summoned by your assistant at your CEO office. Some can be summoned from the Securoserv menu (Request CEO Vehicle)

Once you buy a hangar, it opens up what you can buy... This list includes most all of the new planes. New planes that you buy get stored immediately into your hangar. If you've also bought stuff before like Buzzard, Hydra, etc, you can summon these and then fly it to your hangar. This will convert it so that it is now stored in the hangar and can be modified/painted(in the hangar workshop), which means that now you can summon it from your assistant/Request Vehicle without having to call Pegasus, sometimes, because R* loves consistency. It does allow you to summon (2) buzzards at the same time- you can call your saved one and also the CEO version

Best bet to tell them apart is to check out the menus. Go to your assistant and see what is offered there on the request pegasus menu, if a vehicle is grayed out then you need to buy it at the website first. Next, hit your menu for Vehicles/Request Aircraft, this is less useful since IIRC it only shows items that you have already purchased in your hangar. Finally, start your CEO and then check out the menu for Securoserv/Request CEO Vehicle)

When shopping for planes trains and automobiles on your phone browser, it will tell you in the description if there are any pre-reqs, and where it can be stored. The last line of the description might say somehting like "This vehicle can be stored at a personal hangar" or something. Some of them are kinda cryptic at first but if you try to buy and dont have what you need it will reject you, so you shouldn't be able to buy a new model plane but not be able to to use it

Other stupid plane related pro-tips:
Avenger is the new MOC plane, that can *only* be stored at a new Facility (won't even let you buy one without the Facility first)
The Jet-pack can also be stored only at the facility, and I think that also applies to the new railgun tank. This is nice because now these fall under the menu for Request Personal Vehicle in the facilitys location, and can be summoned on the road jsut like any other car

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of aircraft, I haaaate flying the Valkyrie and can't understand why it constantly tries to turn to the right.

On my completion of the Humane Labs raid, my gunner actually got in a minigun seat that he knew how to use instead of sitting dumbly in the copilot seat. I always listen to Self Radio so I had Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady" playing as we went Vietnam on the parking lot.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pretty good week for discounts on things that go boom, it's.............. BATTLE WEEK!!!

Avenger 25% off
Chernoborg missle launcher 40% off
Halftrack 40% off
AA Trailer is 35% off
Weaponized Tampa 40% off
Facility security room is 25% off
All aircraft weapons 30% off
MK II upgrades ammo and liverys on sale
Ammunation sale, ammo is 50%, some guns, looks like body armor is included in the sale
Free ammunation shirt
Double funbux and RP for Motor Wars, Hard Target, Slashers, and Occupy

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the Chernobog could be 100% off and it's still a waste, but get the weaponized tampa since it escaped the "can't have any fun vehicles in heist setup" filter

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Psion posted:

the Chernobog could be 100% off and it's still a waste, but get the weaponized tampa since it escaped the "can't have any fun vehicles in heist setup" filter

IIRC you can't use the mines in missions but yeah the thing rules for doing them. Not nearly as broken as the Kuruma but significantly more fun.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So, this thing is definitely solid. It has awesome suspension travel by default, and handles shockingly well. I haven't done any of the custom suspension because why the hell would I want to lower it :allears:

Look at it. Look at how well it handles the bumps when you're crawling down trails in the middle of the mountains.

Also, being able to put stacks on it is a nice touch.

I maintain my original statement, it absolutely rules. It's fast, it has heaps of climbing power and it can scramble up and over things without much issue. Plenty of grip, a decent ride height that will let you get over lots of the larger rocks and up some shorter cliffs, and it seats 4 so you can bring your friends along on your offroad excursions. It's also only $325k, which is dirt cheap for Rockstar and their new cars. Also, seriously, they gave it actual, classic Jeep decal kits. That is such a strange, loving detail that I can't help but appreciate. Someone on the dev team definitely loves cars.

After seeing how much effort went into this thing, I'm actually properly excited to mess with the 190Z.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok yeah I'm getting that

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

verbal enema posted:

Ok yeah I'm getting that

:hfive:

Don't get me wrong, I like the Deluxo, the Oppressor, all the crazy weaponized stuff they've added to freeroam. You can cause chaos to an unprecedented degree now. But it's nice to see them still releasing new vehicles for the people who just want to play with virtual cars and cruise around the environment :v:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
It's quickest 4 wheeler in its class, beats the trophy truck handily in races.

Kamacho is good

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There definitely isn't any gas tank explosions in GTA V, right? Because I was shooting at two cars pursuing me on the highway (organization fighting) and one of them just suddenly exploded for no apparent reason.

Then the driver got out on fire, and I looped back around and rammed the Armored Kuruma that was still chasing me so he ran over his buddy. The chase kept going with both of us unable to damage each other because of our armored cars, until I ramped my car over a low barrier and landed on another highway while he overshot and fell through the gap to the ground. I couldn't script an action sequence this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
There definitely ARE.

Shoot in the right place and you can one shot explode cars with the heavy revolver

They don’t leak or run out like in single player though

• Locked thread