Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Marlamaid Swordhand posted:

Turns out that you can still do this but now since the game tells shows an your player blip as a jet/helicopter/plane, you can intentionally trick other players into destroying the PV-lobbing cargobob since they'll think you're in a buzzard unaware of the fee that will hit them. :pseudo: Disclamer: Don't fly to the impound/Mors/switching between both while multiple jets/buzzards are in the air.

Edit: Also carfarting works as long as you don't try to enter the targeted PV.

New game for me thanks.

Also, if you haven't tried driving up the mountain in a monster truck in first person view, I highly recommend it. Mainly so you can really enjoy the trip down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Mash posted:

Just thought I'd mention that I was selling my Elegys last night to free up garage space and they were going for 56k a piece for a free car.

It was modded though right?

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Mash posted:

Nope, none of the ones I sold were upgraded or modified. I had ordered a bunch when the hooker glitch still worked but only upgraded one of them, which I kept.

Oh, definitely going to try that out then.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

It's really annoying that the fences around the airport are now indestructible. Driving around to the jump each time is tiresome.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Kelly posted:

I've been doing them for the past couple days on PS4, made a few million before they locked it to one crew challenge every 24 hours. They work fine - the highest I've seen is a $250k payout.

Online doesn't seem to be working now. It keeps timing out. Can anyone get on?

I only tried this today and got 250K by just racing 5 laps on Criminal Records. It claims I got the world record too, so I unlocked some stuff it seems. Took about 2 minutes, totally worth doing one of those per day.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Psion posted:

And yet 360 is working perfectly. :laugh:

I don't have much issue on the Xbone either. Regularly getting into 20+ lobbies and have been since the first patch. Though I haven't played with a goon yet, since there are only 4 of us and that is just a shame.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

the truth posted:

Did they already patch the 250k challenges? You could get a million per 24 hours with that easily.

This.

I've actually been gaining money instead of trickling down my millions by doing a 250k challenge each day. Which is impressive since I am constantly blowing poo poo up.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

I never get the option to vote for a new mission after completing one. Its always races, survival, last team standing, death match or parachuting.

Just me or are you guys seeing the same thing?

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

EL Bombastico posted:

Last night, launching GTA:O straight from the initial loading screen made the game automatically quit itself twice last night. I successfully loaded up online after launching it from single player a couple, only to quit it out on me again after 10 minutes. The lobby had maybe 10-12 pubbies in it.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm on Xbone btw

PS: who's up for some Horse Factory???

I haven't tried launching it directly from the loading screen but will later tonight and report back (probably). What's your GT so I can add you if you aren't already on my list. My GT is Matazar.

And I never ended up responding a few pages ago but yes, I was annoyed that it never seems to give me the option to vote to play a new mission after completing one. I agree that it should always have at least 1 option for the previous game type but I have yet to see a mission appear on the vote screen. I've been playing them a lot more recently too. Its pretty dumb but we all know Rockstar can't do anything right.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

EL Bombastico posted:

Last night, launching GTA:O straight from the initial loading screen made the game automatically quit itself twice last night. I successfully loaded up online after launching it from single player a couple, only to quit it out on me again after 10 minutes. The lobby had maybe 10-12 pubbies in it.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm on Xbone btw

PS: who's up for some Horse Factory???

Yeah no issues on my end.

Might have been a problem with the servers then. Do you have open NAT?

Also sad that they patched another way at easy money. My challenges are all for 5k now. Getting 5k is not worth the 5 minutes of loading to get into the challenge. gently caress you Rockstar.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

rally posted:

I thought this was the case too but I just did a 250k criminal records challenge literally one minute ago.

It was called "Hard Crew" or something like that if it helps.

Oh, maybe I'll just have to check back. Thanks!

geeves posted:

You can get 5k for a regular race in that amount of time.

Exactly, then I don't have to run criminal records...

I'd rather just run a mission in a tank or buzzard though.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

I tweeted them and also added the hashtage #stophatingfunRockstar

If you are up for linking your tweet, I'm sure a few of us would retweet it as well.

Edit: or you know I could stop being lazy and just search for it.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Ziploc posted:

They were bought. Bought when I had more money than I knew what to do with.

You should be able to well them. I've been able to sell a few of my duped ones even. I think only one didn't sell so far.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

a cop posted:

God dammit. All I want to do is pick people's cars up with the magnet helicopter. You still can't buy those, right? So much for the "sandbox" :saddowns:

It's not a magnet, it's a hook. You could glitch buy them at one point but not anymore.

They seem to spawn frequently at the merryweather docks ( its always a cargobob or buzzard for me) but I'm not sure if you need to be at a certain level before that happens.

Edit: Wait is there an actual magnet helicopter?! I haven't played through all of single player, so I apologize if you weren't talking about the Cargobob.

A c E fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 30, 2014

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Croccers posted:

I wonder if the race Stunt Jump glitch still works. Pick an official race that has a stunt jump in it's circuit. Instead of finishing the race just turn around and keep hitting the Stunt Jump. The race where you drop from the elevated road near the IAA/FIB buildings to the street was the quickest one.
I'm permanently stuck on -3 Stunt Jump Remaining.

It does. I was doing that on the same race just the other day. Knocked off 10 or so. Downtown underground is the name of the race. Set it to 1 lap and just turn around once you go over the jump and repeat. You probably won't get it every time but you can still knock them out fairly quickly.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

circ dick soleil posted:

I liked the snow last year. It looked cool.

I wish it had started sooner.

I am excited for all the new low level white dots Christmas will bring.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

titties posted:

Pretty sure that for cars taken off the street you did get the tracker but still had to buy the insurance.

E: Patch up for PS3, downloading now

Bone patch status: ?
360 patch status: ?
PS4 patch status: woop woop
PS3 patch status: yes
PC patch staaahahahahahaha

It's live on the bone. I loaded it up quickly before work to buy the launcher, test out the proxy mines and dress in PJs.

After work I plan on finding another garage, spending lots of money and of course landing on a tall building while trying to shoot down random air vehicles.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

If any of the 3 other Xbone players is around, I'm going to be causing havoc in some free roam sessions for the next little while if you want t join me.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Had a blast with Kebby82 and triolinu66 (maybe?). One of you was terrible in the Buzzard, should have let me drive as I was going to bring each of you to one of your own.

Just flying around:

Flying around in my Dubsta being chased by a pubbies in a helicopter:

Stealing Lasers to deal with aggressive pubbies.

Kebby82, you seemed to loose the blind eye, did you shoot someone in the base? The jet in the foreground was AI and I'm still annoyed they don't show on the map.

Cruising in the back of a police van:

We didn't survive in the air long..ever.:

Of course the highlight was this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29B8879E7B98D8CF!134&authkey=!AHf6wd-sbPFKvNE&ithint=video%2cmp4

It's too bad sharp turns cause you to put down your phone. I lost so many awesome shots because of that.
Going to hop back on in hopes of snow.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

BitBasher posted:

The only practical response here is a fully tuned Sultan. The Exemplar may be technically faster in a straight line on paper, but in any meaningful use the Sultan will beat the ever loving hell out of it and all other 4 door cars by a hilarious margin.

Oh, they are there, but cloned ones from hooker glitch days were flagged as non sellable.

For a while.

Some of mine returned to being sell able. Though I honestly can't remember which glitch I used to create my cloned Adders now. I do know that most were unsellable for a while but my most recent attempt allowed me to sell a few with only one failing, which I did shortly after buying the game on next gen. So its still worth trying them every so often. I think I still have 9 out of 20.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Count Freebasie posted:

I think I actually made my voice hoarse from screaming at the TV while trying to do races to unlock more parts. It's not that I'm bad, but everyone else has super-modded cars and is beating me. Seriously, the most frustrating part of the game. I had to stop out of frustration and then did some contact jobs with some of the worst pubbies I've ever played with. I think I've got some bad juju today.

Platform?

I'm sure someone would trade races with you.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Trevor! Your shipment of personal massagers has arrived.

That is amazing.

Re: Plate chat, mines just my GT. I regret not using something funny.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

twit666 posted:

I'm currently playing on a 360 but have an xbone. Should I buy the xbone version?

Weird, wasn't expecting to be quoted, didn't think I had posted in a while and I just caught up to the thread after ignoring it for days. Space Engineers and Don't Starve Together have been eating all my time.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you should. While it's nice playing it on next gen with more players, less freezing and same amount of network issues. It may not be worth it depending on how many friends you have that would play. There's only a handful of us goons who have it for the bone, 5 maybe last time I checked, which limits the fun. Not that I've played in the last little bit but about month ago when I was playing, I was mostly playing alone since everyone went to ps4 and you can only cause so much mayhem alone.

I'd wait and see how heists turn out before pulling the trigger, even then waiting for it to go on sale would be a good idea.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Sapient Afro posted:

More leaked images

Guardian:

Can't wait for that and the jet. Looks like we have more Xbone players which is great. Was worried I'd be stuck with my girlfriend's cousin and his southern white trash friend.

If I missed adding anyone, my GT is Matazar.

Going to hop on shortly and relearn the controls.

Edit: drat, wrong vehicle...

A c E fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 9, 2015

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Trying on Xbone now, if anyone wants to join. I'll be around for a few hours. GT Matazar.

Fake Edit: So far just solo sessions, so at least I'm able to go buy new clothes and masks.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Kelly posted:

What a poo poo show. literallygary and I came so close...

...to getting to the second phase of the first heist.

Thanks for the :effort: Rockstar.

Same. I was hoping to unlock those vehicles.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Eds posted:

Just had a great time with Matazar (spelling?) and another couple of goons heisting on Xbone. Sorry I was so poo poo and that the sun here was so goddamn blindingly bright I couldn't see a thing. I'll probably be back on in a couple hours' time, whereupon I will immediately commence loving up while trying to host babby's first bank job.

Yeah I had fun even though we kept having to restart.

If I knew the cop part was so easy I would have gone onto the other team since I have enough money to keep putting new body armor on. It's too bad there isn't a way to swap teams when you have to restart like that.

Feenix posted:

I've been parked outside of Fleeca SO long I'm getting idle kick warnings because this dude can't hack.

I hosed up hacking too. First two sections were easy but I kept making stupid mistakes on the last screen. Now I know to be the driver when I'm not sober.

I also hosed up the drilling because I didn't read the text in the corner. I was terrible at the first heist.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

On Xbone for the next few hours if anyone wants to heist. I can front them.

GT Matazar

Edit: phone keyboard...

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

There are so many times a Kuruma can trivialize a mission. Stealing the Valkyrie from the dock? Drive it all the way in and shoot everyone safely from inside. Stealing the LAPVs from the quarry? Drive it INTO the quarry and shoot everyone from inside! Don't bother parking from a high vantage point! Just drive that thing straight into the quarry! Gotta steal Lectros from some Lost? You guessed it!

All this simplicity can be yours, if on your heists you just do this ONE simple thing:

EVERYBODY GET IN THE SAME CAR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

This. Not that anyone ever gets in my car but this thing is amazing. I keep using it as portable cover and it works so well. Now if only the idiot pubbies would either get in or stay behind me I'd be able to complete some of these heists.

At least I was finally able to unlock the jet, but I'm still missing a few of the new vehicles.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Spent the last few days trying to finish the 3rd heist. God drat I hate pubbies. I've done the hydra mission dozens of times, but every time we finish that one setup everyone just loving drops. No one joins my games, I just want my drat vehicles.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

I've been trying to do "deliver the EMP" on the Humane Labs one for two days now but today's preteen cannot loving fathom advanced concepts such as "use a silencer" and "if killing that guy failed the mission the last 6 times it will also fail the 7th."

Anyone who wants to heist on Xbone can add me, GT: Liquid Stuart

Adding you now (GT Matazar). Not sure your time zone but I play at random times anyways. Sounds like you are in the same spot as me, stuck with idiot pubbies.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

carb0nex posted:

Oh, you're talking PS4. I'm on last gen. :(

I just want the Insurgent. And after doing that missions 4 times now, I still don't have the ability to buy it. Kinda lame.

Same. I think you need to do the actual heist to unlock it which is where I'm stuck too.

I was so sure it would unlock after the setup mission since I was able to buy the hydra like that. Of course I can't find anyone who will play the actual heist and I can't populate my own heists even with pubbies and so I am still stuck on prison break.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Added you back, need another if you're getting on soon

At work or I would join you.

I'll be on in 3~ hours if any Xbone goons are around then.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Edit: ^ fb

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It took me for-fuckin-ever to successfully land that dirtbike jump but I was thinking a different train heist that isn't a repeat of the story mode one would be dope--it seems like a waste to have a bunch of things in the game (the cable cars, the train, a bunch of places in Blaine County and elsewhere) that are awesome but barely use them

I really need to finish single player, that does look fun.

I feel like they really missed something by not allowing us to take over driving trains and subway cars in the game.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

I'll be playing on Xbone in about 2 hours for a while. If anyone could host the 3rd heist, that would be great.

I've been trying since launch to unlock the vehicle from it and can't find anyone to do it. Pubbies will do one of the setup missions, then quit at the end and I still haven't finished my own Prison Break one. I just want the insurgent and that sweet helicopter.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

God drat, so pissed. I have been trying to unlock the Savage for ages, and the one time I finally get to play the convoy mission, the pubbies in the game are loving idiots who pretty much just stood there and got shot to death. If I can finish that one mission, I wouldn't give a poo poo about anything else.

Same except I need the insurgents. I've spent god knows how long doing all the stupid setup missions for that heist over and over again. The pubbies always bail out after doing only 1 setup. No one joins heists when I host. Goons are rare on the Xbone when I'm on.

The worst part is once I finish the 3rd heist, they should all be unlocked for me as I've done everything except the actual Humane Lab Heist or whatever its called.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Prostheticfoot posted:

I'm Kamikazg0ldfish on xbl (it's a zero, not the letter O). Always looking for more LLJK goonery

Have you, don't think I've played when you've been on yet.

StevoMcQueen posted:

And I make three (GT: Stevo McQueen). If we can get a 4th and organise a time (I'm free all day/evening Sunday), we can likely smash through 'em as necessary.

I normally work Sundays, but I have next week off and should be around.

Adregan posted:

I can be the fourth. Just at me GT: Adregan and send me a message on xbone.

Was missing you though. I'm not sure how, I'm fairly sure we've played together several times but maybe just because we are both in LLJK. I recognize the GT anyways. I've just added you (I'm Matazar).

geeves posted:

Also, you can currently (it will be patched) go to your garage and get your Karuma for the final heist - these guys got the full $1.25m

That's amazing. Time to move my Karuma away from the airport.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Agoat posted:

Anybody here do stunts on Xbone? I like doing sick dirtbike stunts.

I could do that at some point. I kept messing up the last time we tried and had to quit because this happened:

http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/c8ddd2fb-d3c6-407e-8ea6-e7e234d09983

I forgot how easy it was to share these videos, so here's a few others.

Causing chaos with the Technical:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/db9a6823-54e3-4fec-8336-22456f9453d2

Taking out a helicopter with a sticky during the final heist:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/3e85f66c-1c05-41e6-aea8-5331ccc5c629

Bad stunt flying:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/b9fa78d1-b99b-421b-9c1d-7c524c59d614

It's fine:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/14c671af-d43b-4696-baa8-6e49d149423e

Monster truck fun:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/fabb137e-137e-402e-ba13-17f11f8a779d

and this happened:
http://i.imgur.com/ZWG9jlp.gifv

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Adregan posted:

Matazar was right in saying private lobbies are the best for continuing heisting. I'm down for more high-jinx as well.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain one of the PS4 goons mentioned it in here a while back. I just wish I had remembered before we started last night. I can't believe how unreliable Rockstar servers are still.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Zombie, I'm home for a little bit, I'll be on in about 30 minutes if you want to shoot me an invite, I'll get you through it. GT Matazar.

Psion posted:

get ready for them to be even worse when PC launches in two weeks! :getin:

Right, gently caress.

Also, I forgot to post the video of the almost invincible NPC:
http://xboxclips.com/Matazar/ca046f7f-ab28-4e96-898f-a5dc53651d6e

I shot him. He had to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Brightman posted:

I still love the first time we did that mission and both navigators got in the same car and there was much confusion. Then we learned where they spawned and it was easy peasy.

A goon and I did that with pubbies. They were both navigators and took off on their own. So we didn't do anything for the entire mission. It was good times.

• Locked thread