Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Confirming, 4.75 gigs for Euro PS4

From 11 to 12 then 13 minutes left on download :smith:

Mine says 7 hours and i'm on a wired connection with 100mbit internet. the speed test in network settings has never gone above 7Mbps for me when i can download off usenet at a full 12 MBps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DMZed the ps4. Got it down to 61 minutes.

I hope you can do this shot alone because I hate people. Might have to play with some of you guys. I'm in the old goon 360 group and have a bunch of goons I don't know in my ps4 friends list.

I just reactivated psn plus and accepted a pile of friend requests.

My tag is powerswift of anyone wants to play with me tonight.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fuckin pubbie camping outside lesters murdering whoever gets close. i got a kick out of it, some kid is in there absolutely losing his poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can join heists through quick job, but i'm guessing for the next 24 hours you're gonna end up doing the intro fleeca heist repeatedly.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy poo poo how and where?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

At my ten car garage before the patch, didn't expect them to tweak out the spawning

drat, i really missed a trick there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just sold a gang car for $36k. i haven't played online in a few months, but that seems like...more

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ugg. i did the whole set-up by joining another guy, and didn't get an invite to the finale, so had to do the whole set-up again launching it myself.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Any high-end apartment works. I've done it out of two different ones now.

howtohackabank.exe:

I'm currently stuck with a guy who can't handle this......

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tried doing the prison break heist. Costs $40k to start, if someone dies in the first part you fail, fail it twice, it's over. you can restart, but you have to go through re-inviting everybody. It really is going to be nearly impossible to play with pubbies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Croccers posted:

I'm downloading at like, 100kb a sec. I know I'm on Aus internet but come on :argh:

Just think, if heists came out on launch day, you might have it all downloaded by now.

edit: these heists are really, really polished. haven't run into any of the regular rockstar jankiness yet.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 10, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just finishing the second heist. payout is 400 grand for the team, leader pays $40k to initiate, decides the cut. default is 55/15/15/15, Takes about an hour without failing anything. The first mission gave a $100k bonus for the first time you did it, i would assume this is the same. 4 set-up missions, 1 payoff.

You couled theoretically snipe payoff missions at 10 minutes a shot for $80k if the host is dumb.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 10, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tjones posted:

I decided to do the initial heist with a random after work before I could play with friends this weekend. We've now been sitting parked on the side of the road for 15 minutes, him saying "gently caress!", "poo poo!", "GOD DAMNIT" every 15 to 30 seconds. He's trying to hack the bank security system. I have nothing to do.

This was all my fault.

i did the hack 3 times without error the first time i tried. just move a hair before you have to and it's easy as poo poo. I don't know why nobody can figure it out.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The armored karuma turns things into easy mode. I would imagine it's all anybody's going to be driving in free roam.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I bought the regular one because I know everyone else will buy one for missions so I'll never need to.

but what about gang attacks?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Finally got the call for the third heist. who's in?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sorry, i got 3 off IRC. one says they can only play for an hour, so if it runs longer than that someone might be able to jump in for the payoff.

sort of underestimated demand

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Non-goon irc. Is there a goon gta irc channel?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Anyone had the second heist activated yet?

I'm on the third. fleeca, prison break, and now humane labs. it took an hour of dickin around to get the third to show.

Does anybody know how many there are?

edit: i guess there's 5. Pretty good deal for the low low price of free.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 10, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't care how good of a pilot you think you are, if you get in the hydra, hide it in the god drat ship until the baddies are dead.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

525,000, yes. You can also respray it apparently.

resprayable, and the roof/window armor is 1 color, the body is another, so you can make it look like a normal karuma from a distance.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

found the jankiness. it is all packed into 1 single stealth mission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Instant fail stealth section, only there's 4 people and it doesn't say who failed it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I need 2 3 people with PS4s with patience and mics who can follow orders and don't mind getting yelled at. Who's in?

I could do this mission alone at this point, but the game demands 4 people be involved.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Is this working then? If I fired it up would I be able to get online? PSN is Dancinguy if anyone wants to try stuff, I have 100% stealth stat

Yeah, it's 1 4.75gb update, and then you're good to go.

Here's what we're up against. Heist 3, prep mission 5.

-Instant fail stealth
-Roughly 12 guys need to be shot, one is in a vehicle
-2 guys side by side/in eachother's line of sight that need to both be taken out with 1 bullet, or with a co-ordinated attack.
-A missed shot alerts the guards and you fail
-A dead body in their sight line alerts the guards and you fail
-if you get disconnected or 1 person drops out, it's a 10 minute drive from los santos to north of the alamo sea, and then over to the right side of the map
-it's dark and raining

This is really where the entire thing falls apart.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

I can try and help if you want, as I say I have full stealth which might help. Send me an invite and I'll get the update downloading.

friend request sent. We need 4 people total. 1 idiot or person without a mic and it's impossible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Croccers posted:

Populating Lobby going for 10+ minutes now. Going to Idle time-out waiting for a LTS match. No-one is going to bother with Daily Objectives if this is the junk they give you.

The update has only been out for a few hours now. once more goons have it we can rig it to get everybody set.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Feenix posted:

Any friendly PS4 goons about to *Start* a heist? I've been away from GTA for a bit but I think I'm fairly competent and I'm online now and free for a couple hours.

(I tried to join MrLongHair but after a long load it said he was no longer available or whatever.)

PSN is ILL_MITCH

I'm ready to gently caress this stealth mission in the face, but we need 4 good people.it's the last set-up mission before the final heist which should be worth a mil.

you have to do the fleeca heist before it unlocks in the super autos store.

im gay posted:

What are the dailies people are talking about for $25?

hold the touchpad down, there is a daily objectives thing with 3 things to do. first day it gives you 3000 RP and 25k

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, slim, pork pie, and feenix, do you want to help me finish off heist 3, and then power through heist 2?

gamertag is powerswift if you're in.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Getting "mission failed to download" now, gonna restart see if that works.

here's the basic strategy i've worked out so far.

team 1: wait outside the gate by the starting position, there are 2 guards by the gate, take them out, about 10 seconds later a truck comes to the gate, take out the driver. head strait into the plant, stop about halfway to the back fence. to the right there's a guy at the top of a set of stairs, and another pacing back and forth slighty to his left about 4 feet higher. they have to be taken out within about a second of eachother.

Team 2: go around the fence to the right. take out the guy in the southwest corner after the truck passes, move further around the fence and line up a shot to take out the 2 scientists with 1 shot. keep going to the back, i think there are 3 guys there.

and from there, there are 2 guards right by the second corner, 2 scienteists in the middle, and 3 guys against the back gate.

looks like we just lost somebody.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 10, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it loaded me in my heist room with no board. when i tried to leave the door flipped the gently caress out.

edit: i think with the americans waking up, the servers are starting to melt.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just got a "connection to the session host has been lost"

I was the session host :(

Just getting to the start of this mission is too frustrating to deal with during a server meltdown.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I give up, thanks for trying.

The heists were pretty drat fun up to that mission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've gotta say, the most satisfying thing ever is seeing someone in passive mode going into a gun shop, waiting till their shopping, and popping the angry face of your bulletproof karuma in to see the shopkeeper pull out his shotgun and shoot them in the face.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's going to get worse before it gets better. I'm betting by 6pm eastern, PSN goes down.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kelly posted:

When I got kicked back to SP earlier, I got a message that new cars were available. So, you can test the cars out the guess.

but really no.

The new cars "added" are the massaco, conquette classic, and some other one that has been in the game for a year. also, special vehicles now replace a vehicle in your garage instead of spawning outside of it which completely fucks up the utility of the special vehicles.

As far as i can see, nothing from the new update made it into single player, and single player got worse.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Scyron posted:

To host, it requires 1.25m or a (shark card somethingsomethingoranother).

In that case, I guess I can do the fleeca bank one. I tried really early in the day but I didn't know how it would play out for my limited time I had before work.

welp I made my first mistake of the night. Paid 100k to supe up my weazel van and the neons don't even show. :( Now I am even further behind on trying to host one. :\

No it doesn't

The first heist would cost $12k if you started it yourself. the second heist cost $40k, the third $62 i think.

You get to decide the cut. it defaults to 55/15/15/15, with the second heist which cost $40k to start, that's $220k to 60 to 60 to 60. I cut it down to $160/80/80/80 and everybody seemed fine with that. I made $120k profit, the team made $80k. no shark cards involved.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think they fixed it. The price still says 26000 but it charges 72k

Are there 3 people on ps4 who can help me finish heist 3? Mics mandatory

Edit: they broke it in a different way. Just putting the wheels on with no horn the thing sells for 29k. An hour ago it was 14k

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 12, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gibbed posted:

If you're doing the exploit, make sure you don't enter any other LSC menus than necessary. Entering the list of chrome wheel types for example, will cause the price of the Sad Trombone to jump up to ~70k. Restarting the game should reset it to 0.

Yup. That fixed it. There still might be some way to break it for more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

It's not bad money, it's just the repetitive process that makes it kinda unbearable.

I've gotten a single sale down to 3 minutes, from driving it to LSC to getting back to my garage for the next. So 20 times in an hour, at $34k each, $680k for an hour of driving back and forth.

The 1.25 mil shark card is 20 bucks, so you're working for 10 bucks an hour. Below minimum wage in Canada. For video game money.

Might as well get a job and buy a shark card

• Locked thread