Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I've been having fun in mine but I never used it last gen so I cant do a comparison. Hellofa lot of fun on the ps4 though and looks stylish in the crew colors with pink neon lighting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I tried to get on a number of times last night and a number of different ways, joining crew mates, joining friends, joining randoms and joining a solo session and I couldn't get on once. Hopefully when I get home from work today things will be different but I'm not counting on it.

That's a lie. I am counting on it. plz R*

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

I'll run Blow It Up II with my tank on PS4 for anyone who wants to join in to rank up. It takes about 10 minutes total - you have to kill at least 200 cops and you get about 9200 RP and 20K in class. To compare, most missions don't pay more than 5k in RP.

PSN - cashcamden99. I will be on tonight, after 8:30 est if anyone is interested. You will have to friend me since crew matching doesn't work.

I'm very interested. I'll add you when I get home tonight and be looking for you around 8:30 est

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
Yea, PSN: Thaxxas

Is joining friends working better than joining crew members? I've tried constantly to join crew members and one of three things usually happens. I end up on a server by myself, I end up on a server with one other goon and he's either afk or doin his own thing or I get into a fairly full room with a few goons in it and get an error message and dropped within 5 minutes of getting in so I've been entertaining myself by running missions solo in the buzzard I bought this weekend.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

geeves posted:

What is its FPV?

Also, not that I saw many of them on the last gen, but has anybody seen an armored truck?

Crew challenges are also grayed out for me :(

Yeah, I've seen a few in single player and 2 online that were spawned empty. no drivers, no money but totally stealable.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

More even. I won The Commute the other day with like 14 cars and won over 10K.

Your method for blow up II seems like a winner to me. I'm saving for my next big purchase. A Tank. Looking back on last night, I should have went and got my buzzard sooner because standing behind the building with the banshee while you're blasting away is frigging chaotic.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

Oh yeah...there isn't a good place to be when you're on foot unless you leave the scene completely. The buzzard was aces though - you took care of 50 cops alone. Just under 10k RP for that run alone.

yeah, and a boatload of money.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

geeves posted:

Haha. That explains all the wrecks. Normally I'm pretty good on the akuma, though that mission was just a disaster. The guy in he banshee had wrecked, I was just pulling out my shotgun to kill him and you ran over me killing me. :v:

Was it you or Geebs that blew me out of the sky lastnight? I got into a room with a bunch of people in it but only 1 other goon who happened to have a bounty so I grabbed my buzzard and flew over in his direction when something locked on to me and fired and missed. The next rocket blew me up so hard I dropped due to a network error before I respawned.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

rally posted:

That was me (I am Geebs...confusing with Geeves here too haha) but yeah when I am 30 minutes deep into a 9k bounty I just shoot anything I see, especially helicopters.

It was glorious. I have no idea where the gently caress you were. I was looking for you in a car before I got the buzzard, and then I got the buzzard and I still couldn't find you. If there wasn't anyone else around to shoot I may have taken a crack at that 9K and actually got to see the whites of your eyes before you smoked me lol.

As for that grenade Geeves, if I remember correctly I seen it a fraction of a second before it went off. Totally worth it if the white dot died too.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeesh, still? I didn't do anything besides port my character for basically this reason. Plus I really wanted to replay single player. The limit is high enough not to have to prune people from LLJK, right?

yeah, not for a long long while.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Scyron posted:

I'm drunk on tryptophan and green beans, who is down to gently caress up the streets? scyron57 on psn.

Thursdays are my late night to work. I'll be on in a few hours though!

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

im pooping! posted:

I bought GTA 5 for PS3 the day it came out and did pretty well at the single player. I created an online character but didn't play very long or whatever and only got to rank 7. I know I was gifted a large amount of money from R* or something because I have a 10 car garage, but I bought this for PS4 recently and have mainly just been playing online and my goodness, this game is super fun online. A couple issues with connectivity, but overall pretty enjoyable. Last night I was trying to play some cat and mouse by just getting bounties put on myself.

Maybe I'll post in the crew thread but for now I'm having fun just being a silent pubby.

You gotsta fly the flag son. Join LLJK and keep playing how your playing. Nothing will change other than the fact you'll have more options for hijinks and shenanigans.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
First person bus rides with a bunch of goons are a laugh, that was a good time last night except for me having that stupid network error every half hour or so.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

I'm not working today, so i'm going to do a bunch of this for fun and profit. Also, that playlist last night was the first one i ever did and it was loving fun. Would do again.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
The forecast calls for mainly cloudy with a 10% chance of monster trucks.

http://youtu.be/CWuldvSBv5s

It's too bad voice doesn't get recorded too because the whole room busting out laughing was just as funny as the incident itself. You guys are fun. My race went completely downhill after that. It's too hard to drive and laugh at the same drat time.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Zip! posted:

That's awesome.

I need to figure out a way for me to get more involved with LLJK stuff.

EST primetime has been pretty active. If that's when your active add a bunch of us to your friends list because joining friends is less broken than joining crew members.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Count Freebasie posted:

This will sound dumb, but how do you add crew members to friends list? I was on yesterday doing a few missions with some goons (particularly sgt_driveby or something like that) and I just kind of hope I get job offers from goons.

I am dumb, but the way I've been doing it is going into the PS4 friends tab and searching through the names of guys I've played with recently and picking the ones I know. Once you get into a party with goons it's easy, you can add to your friends list by clicking on names. Feel free to add me, PSN is Thaxxas.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

geeves posted:

This is why I like making figure 8 style tracks. The horn just sells it.

I can't speak for everyone but I was caught completely by surprise. I had my gameface on and was focused on trying to get by Cashcamden and then splat. It was loving hilarious. Full on belly laugh followed by gasping for breath hilarious and there was many more funny moments last night too. It was a good night.

CROUTONS!

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 16, 2014

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

SamuraiPaul posted:

I had fun last night. Heists arrive next year. They better be at least as much fun as the activities we come up with ourselves.

Here is my view of the Rainy Truck Incident with a bonus shot at the end.

http://youtu.be/-i_9njNPOYY

HAH! Awesome to see it from someone else's perspective.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this for the first time last weekend. Was murdered repeatedly, every time almost minutes after respawning, while a British retard who sounded like he was always talking through mouthfuls of chip butty about how fat Americans are and a hick child bellowed at one another through my speakers. Is that... is that the basic GTA Online experience, or can I do something to make it not bad all of the time?

You can play with Goons. And you can change chat options so that you can only hear crew members and friends.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

MortLansky posted:

I've had pretty much 0 success in joining any jobs, crew sessions, or basically anything besides running around in free roam by myself. If I go On Call, very occasionally I can get in a race with 1 or 2 other people, but every other time it says "failed to connect" or something. I'm on PS4 if that matters at all.

Check your NAT type on your ps4 network settings or config or something. I can't remember the process but it's easy, google it. It's been my experience that anything other than NAT type 1 is nothing but problems and GTAV is the only game that's ever given me this kind of issue. I don't know why. I sell car parts for a living and don't know poo poo about poo poo when it comes to technology and how it works or why it doesn't.

Up until last week I was having the same issues as you, joining online would put me in a lobby by myself, when I did get into a lobby with other players within minutes there would be a mass disconnect and everyone but me would get dropped or I'd lose connection due to an unknown network error, joining jobs quick or via the job menu would get me into the job lobby but 90% of the time I'd get an error and dropped at launch etc etc etc. So after doing the afore mentioned google search I checked and my poo poo was NAT type 2. There are a couple ways to change this to type 1. Open some ports on your router if you're handy or if you're smrt like me then plug your PS4 directly into the modem. Voila, NAT TYPE 1

Since then I've had zero disconnects due to random network errors, no issues getting into jobs, no problems joining peeps on my friends list for the most part and it's been loving glorious. The last two nights in a row I've done 9 job playlists created by a Goonbro for Goonbros and not been disconnected at all. So check your NAT type.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I had already quit by last Christmas. I'm having much more fun this time around. Bring on the snow or whatever.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
Damnit, i work late on Thursdays. Did they fix the turbo issue?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

The only hope is lag when someone dives in close - like with the heavy sniper. I brought someone down using one last night but only because they were so low and not actually shooting at me.

There was what? A half dozen or more Goons running around when that guy was strafing us with the jet? If that same incident happened tonight then we would have seen smoke trails from a half dozen or more missiles being fired from various places within a couple mile radius. I can picture it.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

poopzilla posted:

oh hey, i actually sniped that fucker out of the jet once. It was the absolute highlight of my GTA career :D

and then he killed me a bunch on the ground :v:

also, holy poo poo this patch looks rad

I'm pretty sure I heard you on voice.
"HO LEE poo poo you guys, I just sniped that fucker in the jet"
or something along those lines haha

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I fired at least that many rounds at him but I'm not even sure if I hit the jet. Do you have to lead the target like in that one SP mission or is it a lazer beam if he's in your crosshairs?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

:drat: I feel like I need to go smoke a cigarette that was so crazy. Everyone, take 10 minutes out of your day today to watch the greatest youtube of all time

The first 6 GYMKHANA videos were pretty good too if you haven't seen them.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

bisticles posted:

CROUTONS!!

That's THREE! Grab the cash and lets GTFO!

Best pre-heist release heist evar.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I put voice chat on everyone so I could hear you messin with the kid but after 10 minutes I went back to crew and friends. His squeaky prepubescent voice was grating on my nerves. Listening to the poo poo you were saying to him though was cracking me up. Dancing and singing are banned in my town lol

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

BitBasher posted:

I'm going to ask this without honestly trying to sound like too much of a douchebag... Would you prefer I not join in races with you guys? If you want to just race each other I wouldn't butthurt at all if you asked me to gently caress off because I race a lot. I'm not sure I wasn't hurting the enjoyment of races for you guys. I was considering dropping out in the middle of the playlist when I won a catch up on/slip stream on race by like 20 something seconds. I would understand if you guys thought I was making GBS threads on your fun or something, and everyone was really quiet.

No, hell no! The best way to get better at a given game is by playing against and with players that are better than you. I didn't have my "A" game last night and I don't think the results would have been any different if I did. I've thoroughly enjoyed the racing of the past week. Last night I came in second last overall but I had fastest lap on 2 of the races and I very nearly had you on that last or second last race. I'm sure some nerds would get a little pissy getting smoked by you every race but I don't think any of guys from last night would. They're a pretty chill bunch I've noticed. CashCamden had every right to lay right into me when I smoked him going into that one corner I thought was a jump ( I was loving baked) but he didn't. As far as it being quiet I can only speak for myself here but I can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time let alone race and talk. When I'm racing, I need to focus. That and I'm not a real chatty person to begin with so I usually have my headset muted so no one has to listen to me breathe and of course when I do say something I forget to unmute my poo poo.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

NeoSeeker posted:

Also double tapping the E-brake is a godsend. It does something the equivalent of your car shifting down a gear and gives you a shitload of control with minimal impact to speed.

Personally love to race, it's just whenever I'm on I'm not exactly in the racing frame of mind typically.

I did not know this. The e-brake has always scared the poo poo out of me when racing. I use it, but not very often.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Whats the most people you have come across in a single session? Fairly sparse in my experience so far (7-8 people max)

for me it's usually 15 - 25 people in session.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

E: welp turns out I did have it. also the brakes on the Slamvan are outrageous, even fully upgraded! Even my BF Surfer has better braking.

The brakes on the ratloader or ratrod or whatever it is are poo poo too. It's easier to corner by throwing it into a drift. But for now it's still gonna be my daily driver because it looks so dammned cool.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
Playlists can be joined after they've started if they aren't full right? If so and you guys are still at it shortly after 9 when I get home from work, i'll jump in.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

titties posted:

Tonight I am hosting heisting again provided that any of you shows up.

8:00 PM Eastern (GMT -5), heist #3 (DANGERRRRR ZWN) from the beginning on :siren:PS4:siren:

1. titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2. (reserved for Cute as heck)
3. you
4. OnimaruXLR

I don't care if you are bad at game, I will be your refuge and your solace.

Don't be afraid

only shoot the mans and nothing more

i will care for you my dove, my light, my precious larcenous soul

join my heist you loving dickbags

Sign me up, PSN Thaxxas

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

Had some fun with some of the crew last night. But man the host of a heist left at the worst time. We just finished the 2nd to last part of the prison break heist. We literally walked into the high end apartment, when it said we failed. Man it really brought the mood down.

yea man, that was a drag. That and i wasn't set up for voice in the game. Was it you or the dude that left us hanging that was doing the yelling? I know it wasn't the non goon guy, cause he was riding with me.

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I don't use a mic because I have a little girl and I play in a room with a lot of echo so I can't really afford to get loud. I was Deathreaper.

Understood. I was having a good time last night except for when wutshisnuts got loud. Now that i know there's a mumble server up, i'll hop in there whenever i take part in Goon activities.

• Locked thread