Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CousinKevin posted:

So wait, is this microtransaction stuff or something? If so, why is the $1,250,000 GTA Fun Bux option priced at $20? I was in EB Games today and they were selling $1,000,000 GTA Fun Bux codes for $2.
If they were $2 for a million, buy then resell the codes. It's the way.
Here's some poo poo I've been up to in GTA:o:

James Bond stunt poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mb8Sufl3Y

Getting shot off my bike by fellow crew jerks e: ^^ :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DUzmpUaLL4

Croccers fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I haven't downloaded any patches for PS4 :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I haven't seen that. I've been having the constant connection issues but not that.
Physical PS4 copy if it means anything.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Rat Supremacy posted:

So there's a few things they need to iron out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqqXUFy0F00
That happened on the 360 too. Mostly from when it looked like someone got hit with a car but it didn't actually hit the player in question but from your view your game ragdolls them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

geeves posted:

I don't think I have seen a tank in online with the latest release.
I was fighting one today.
On that note new Passive Mode loving sucks. The shitlord instantly dropped into it once I killed his tank so I followed him around. He didn't drop out of Passive until just before he hopped in his new tank (Which I tossed a decent number of stickies on to burn it ASAP but still). I'd still like to see a PvP cool down on it. You kill a player you have to wait x amount minutes/deaths without a killing another player until you can switch it on.
Calling Muggers on tankers still works though :dance:

Also I'm always up for Pubbie Shenanigans if you see me online, look for ArfCroc on PS4. I can gun/drive/fly. I tend to terrorize mic mouthbreathers, horrible names/crew tags and tankers/supercar kiddies. Races and missions are cool too. Until server connection issues are sorted I'm playing on Auto-Aim.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

Do you mean proceed on foot without any weapons, only able to fist fight? Yeah, don't think we can do that.
You can force weapons to Pick Up only for GTA Races in the hosting menu I believe. I like making silly bike races so I tend to force sawn-offs and regular pistols, using AP pistol/SMG as the out-of-the-way super powerup.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Really wish there was some kind of "lock pick" stat or something. Half the time I swipe a jet, my dude ends up shattering the cockpit glass which completely destroys the FPS mode gauges and meters that make it a better view mode. It's bad enough that there are multiple types of Lazer with different HUDs but good lord could my guy please stop smashing the glass in?
NO! :colbert: Smash all windows, all the time.
Like when shooting from your car you bash the window but if you give someone the finger you wind it down.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Did they tighten up checkpoints on Air Races? Before you only had to nip the outside edge of the ring checkpoint with your wing but now it seems like you need to get half a wing in the ring.
Also Entity's grip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuV419_yXE

Quasipox posted:

Stuff about clothes
Most of the clothes from Single player aren't in GTA:O still as well.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You don't need the best faaaaassterest :rice: cars, just something ok because most pubbies are loving horrible and will crash out all the time for easy passing. Pick cool cars and be cool instead.
Seriously I have 209 wins/299 losses in Racing and I'm just ok. I bump and smash into poo poo all the time.

Where do you find a Blista online? I need one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

BitBasher posted:

TL;DR The Entity does seem competitive until the competition is very, very close, then you realize that the Entity isn't truly competitive, it's at a disadvantage.
How often does this happen unless you're playing with friends or in some kind of competitive ladder (I'm guessing there's something out there, there was a few crews for Golf like that)?
Unless you're racing on airport tarmac tracks the physics throw too much luck into the draw. Sometimes I plough through a stop sign, other times it will kill half my speed. Should I dodge that trash can or drive through it? Is it going to flip my car out time?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Racing with pubbies I could win with no problem in an Entity because as a rule people suck rear end at driving. When racing with Goons I could win a good chunk of the time in my Entity, but there were a few goons that made it dicey, and after changing out to an Entity it gave me a noticeably better margin for error.

If you have really good control over a car there is no meaningful random factor most of the time. You don't run through signs or trash cans. Clean racing is the only way to go because little fuckups add up a lot. The physics in this game for car control are actually really solid. Surprisingly so.
As nice as the DS4 controller is, I still kinda dislike it. The hat thing on top of the thumbsticks is rubbish (thumbs slip off it all the time) and I just don't have the same fine control over the left thumbstick like I did with the 360 controller. Thumb is too cramped up for smooth fine control. Microsoft have it right. :colbert:
So I find myself bumping up the curbs more often, which normally isn't too much of an issue but the unsure predictably nature of hitting objects is. Or, you know, pubbies happen.
Everything is so bumpy and cluttered and bouncy compared to like... say... Midnight Club LA. But that world was designed for racing and racing alone.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Feenix posted:

Im not fully sure I understand the requirements to not fail a stunt jump.
I wonder if the race Stunt Jump glitch still works. Pick an official race that has a stunt jump in it's circuit. Instead of finishing the race just turn around and keep hitting the Stunt Jump. The race where you drop from the elevated road near the IAA/FIB buildings to the street was the quickest one.
I'm permanently stuck on -3 Stunt Jump Remaining.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHBVJK_140
Dude was the first one to quit when the job vote popped up.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I think that one of the worst decisions that Rockstar have made with regards to GTA:Online so far is patching out the ability to open the back of and put cars in the Titan.

Rockstar are dumb.
Honestly for me this is one is the things that makes sense that they don't have. They still can't get their poo poo together with stable servers after an entire year of beta testing and a few hundred millions in their pockets from it. How are they going to get vehicles to behave physics wise?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

orcane posted:

Didn't that crash the game/servers? If so, they patched it because programming is hard, not because they hate fun (they do hate fun though).
Dunno about the Titan but the Tow trucks hardlocked anyone in the vicinity on the 360.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
No, that just broke physics. I guess it crashed games too but the other Tow truck one was for boring trolling. All you did was tow a car and for whatever reason that would crash other players games when you came within rendering distance :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The best SUV is the Huntley S.
Fast, good turning, not as top-heavy as other SUVs so it doesn't flip as easily.
It's also good for missions and loving with pubbies as it provides excellent cover. I use it for terrorising pubbies in freeroam along with my Sultan.

Feenix posted:

This is truly bad driving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNrPet0SuQ

I got stuck with this french dude on a mission... keep in mind it was TIMED. He is so bad at cars. (and motorcycles.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNrPet0SuQ&t=126s
:psyduck:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

geeves posted:

Added this to the OP (well the 2nd post). Expanded on it a bit as well. Still need to get to the car info.
On the next-gens can you still just buy the DLC pack assault rifles or are they rank locked to a degree?
Otherwise for new players, the work-horse weapon progression is Heaviest pistol you can get > The plain SMG for foot and micro for drive-bys > The AK. Beyond those levels the rest of the better weapons should start unlocking and it doesn't matter as much.
Shotguns are basically gimmicks until you get the Assault, that is a CQB/blindfire machine. Enemy hiding around the corner? If you have the extended mag just start shooting before you strafe out around the corner.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Psion posted:

I don't know about that, I did good work with the pump shotgun before I got the assault (which totally rules, agreed)

the AK is totally outclassed by every other rifle so it's worth knowing that you want it when it's your only option and you want to ditch it the minute it's not.
I like the pump action but I have mixed results with it. The Assault is friendlier towards lag with the whole bulletspam.

And on the AK, totally. Ditch it ASAP but when it's the only assault rifle you have access to it works well enough.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

I'd loving shark card if they knew what was good for them with regards to vehicles to add (and perma-life bicycles please, I lost the pink BMX)
You used to be able to glitch insurance on it using a friend and a Karin Rebel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIqVtZ42I4
I think that got patched ages ago though :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:siren: Sniping from the apartments to LSC still works and it's still super fun. And you see how much they didn't really extend the player render distance :geno:

BitBasher posted:

The duck button actually makes you a much smaller target in some vehicles too!
SUV supremacy.

MrLonghair posted:

Use a snacks while in cover (R1) and you'll eat instantly :ssh:
This is the best trick to know. More useful in missions but can be handy in the streets against other players.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What's the mask + bulletproof helmet glitch?
I'm not wading through 5+ youtube videos each with a minute of begging for scraps at the start of them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Fun Fact! Pubbies who try to troll you can still be ran over which was a fantastic revelation last night let me tell you.
I feel like I'm missing something here. Like, Passive mode Pubbie trolls? Because all regular pubbies are squishy.

Also lol you can't keep a Blista from the streets. It's too hot. You have to buy one for $42,000 or something.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Ah yes, my bad, edited to clear that up - Flu has addled my brain!

Dinka Blista or Blista Compact?
The Compact.
The Compact is too hot.

I made a track.
Vespucci TechGP
It's a technical motorbike circuit for Sandchez/Blazers so that means you can't ride the gas all the time plus you need to actually steer. Bicycles work on it too.

The double-ramp at the start:

Tell me what you like/dislike.

Also I go the helmet glitch to work

Croccers fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 3, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I run/knock over a lot of people when I'm driving by accident. On my screen it looks like I stopped a foot away from them but because :australia: internet I actually ploughed right through them. :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

titties posted:

I appreciate that they are protecting are children from phrases / words such as "sry" and "muffler".
Actually what you had was just :rockstar:
If you send another text message it goes away.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'd take the Turbo's off my cars but I'm worried something will :rockstar: and I'll have to pay to put it back on later. :ohdear:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sapient Afro posted:

It's kind of a double edged sword because on one hand they make some cars feel a lot better in the corners, but they also look like trash on a lot of cars.
Isn't that the point of any visual car mod? :confused:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scyron posted:

Would anyone on PS4 want to try and setup an actual wacky racers kind of event with silly cars in an impromptu race across the state, maybe in some rally form or tag team? Maybe have 1 or 2 people in a helicopter under the weazel news crew tag for a cool perspective on it?
Urgh, I don't have PS+ at the moment and I have a Lime green Weasel News Van we could use.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scyron posted:

Vehicles Wackier the better? Probably no super's unless they got like detuned to stock or it is one of the worst in the class, with only armor or bullet proof tires.
Voltic race on a super bumpy/hilly track.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bobtista posted:

Did this last night and while the payout was great it took me like 15 minutes to escape my wanted level due to 5 stars online apparently increasing police's psychic powers and giving them all xray vision.
Kill yourself.
Seriously, it's just quicker to die and respawn if you're solo'ing it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what's the deal with the snow-ball stuff? I so want in on that. I'd be super happy if you can just carry a stash on you and throw them at pubbies.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

I think the $250K challenge bug has been fixed - all the ones in my list only payout 5k now :(
Ugh, already?
I was going to get some PS+ today but eh, whatever. Not interested again.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Patch notes on PS4 just say it's a stability update.
Patching money exploits from when they added the content :v:

Money's on snow only being on Christmas day and Christmas day only again too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like playing missions with pubbies because it makes the missions more interesting :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

I just spent an hour on Mount Chiliad throwing snowballs at hikers and knocking them off cliffs. I never want the snow to go away. :(
I'm super sad it wasn't in SP because I couldn't get onto GTA:O yesterday and I wanted to see how many stars I could get from just throwing snowballs.
You can throw snowballs from cover and cars too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bobtista posted:

What's the best motorcycle that is not a sports bike? I don't intend to race it so I don't care about the fact nothing is faster than a sports bike. I already own a fully modded Faggio.
Daemon's are cool but now pretty tricky to get a hold of.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scyron posted:

Not sports? Well, unfortunately, the Daemon is not as as nice as a real Chopper, nor is Hexer. I don't know about this new PS4 bike the Infiltrator(single player only?) or something? I heard the new Hohokum crap is something decent, but a softcore touring enthusiast bike for being slow and taking it all in, during the cruising of vinewood at 19:00pm.at full sunset.
I haven't tried the Innovation actually.
Not-sports you have the Daemon, Hexer and Innovation for choppers.
Bagger, Sovereign and Thrust for Tours.
Sanchez and Blazer for Off-Road.
Faggio for a scooter.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
A whole day?!?
Someone at Rockstar is feeling extremely generous! Maybe they've been hitting the eggnog too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Bit of a whine incoming but dear god the Homing Launcher is pretty poorly thought out as far as Free Roam is concerned. You can't lock on to Pubbies in cars but they can sure as hell just jump out and instantly get tone and blow you out the sky.

Hmpf. :qq:
Passive-mode Cargobob Tank.

• Locked thread