Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Can I ask for people to make sure they do fill these out because I want to make certain changes to the crew hierarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Marlamaid Swordhand posted:

Is it okay that I not fill out one of them until I actually get a Xbone for confusion reasons? I still pop into the 360 version from time to time for rooftop sniping or firetruck hijinks when I can't find PVs to cargobob.

Yes.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

A c E posted:

It's really annoying that the fences around the airport are now indestructible. Driving around to the jump each time is tiresome.

Really? Why the gently caress would they not make those a destructible asset, the only reason I can think of is the same reason for telegraph poles and stuff which is to save on CPU and RAM but with all this next gen hardware it's extremely dumb to actually take that out.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well after dicking around with my buddy who just started playing GTA, tonight I start running missions and leveling up again. I miss my jerry can and stickies oh so much..

After that, death will once again rain down upon these insolent fucks.

Also, can someone accept my buddy into LLJK? He requested an invite. jayisspecials.

If you can vouch that he is a cool guy and won't shoot crew dots or be an rear end in a top hat in general (that is reserved for me).

edit: Either someone pruned the invites or he hasn't requested an invite because I'm not seeing it. I also tried finding that name and it doesn't exist.

Kelly posted:

Fallin in the blank runs the crew...try reaching out to him.

This is not my name.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 21, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:siren:Public Service Announcement: If you're going to request an invite to LLJK then read the crew thread op!!!:siren:

Or at the very least read this:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

How to be Leet Like Jeff K:

If you don't post in the thread, don't have an old goon crew as your active crew, your profile is private or nobody recognises your social club name then there is a very high chance your request will be deleted.

Also the admin interfaces for crews suck and it makes life easier if you request yourself and then post a link to your profile.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Rockstar, you suck. If you wanted to reduce the payout but still make something fun and worth doing then you have set the amount to 50K you turds, alternatively keep the sum at 5K and tie a multiplier the users crew level to make them want to play your game for longer periods of time and more frequently.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeesh, still? I didn't do anything besides port my character for basically this reason. Plus I really wanted to replay single player. The limit is high enough not to have to prune people from LLJK, right?

I believe the limit is 1000 and we have 243 members currently.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Feenix posted:

I hit a certain level in LLJK and it said I unlocked a Black Pig mask. I don;t have it in Accessories. Do I still need to go buy it from the beachside store?

Yes

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

Just yet another in a long line of design decisions in GTA:O that leaves pretty much everyone scratching their drat heads :shrug:
The only reasoning that I could ever see them holding out on it was for future DLC but since the phone glitch allowed a number of us to grab it perhaps it got put on the back burner. But the fact that they put all the time into making the skycrane with the big rear end magnet on it, and then only allow it for like a mission and a ½ in single player just further promotes more head scratching.

At this point I want to make the little :shrug: arms on the :rockstar: logo.

I think that one of the worst decisions that Rockstar have made with regards to GTA:Online so far is patching out the ability to open the back of and put cars in the Titan.

Rockstar are dumb.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

geeves posted:

With the Elgato though I had a weird problem on the 360 that it would record every other voice but mine.

That's not a bug. The Elgato has no way of recording your voice input because it's not being played out on your TV. You need to connect your headset via a separate cable into your laptop/computer and then using the commentary feature to record your voice over the clips or record it in a separate program and sync it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Fully-unpaid internships still available.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

A flying tank really is the best thing in the world, I can't believe you people haven't been doing it for longer. I was taking part in those antics around a month post release.

The best thing is where the angle appears to be a perfect shot but you instead shoot the underside of the Cargobob killing the pilot and allowing yourself to gracefully spin and plummet to the ground. I think it was Matazar who did this to me and then ended up getting his tank stuck in a tree.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

geeves posted:

Here ya go:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/uxLpkwgIkESnjgi_ZOXXNQ

I need to put one together with more goon jobs - I just need to play them first.

Excuse me, but this playlist has a distinct lack of Slip 'n' Slide. The race that pubbies hate to love.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Hugh Malone posted:

you said it best, LLJK has no 'flavor'. lame-rear end catchphrase hodge-podge, no creativity into the concept, or discussion with the thread about the crew's direction or motifs. hastily thrown together to satisfy some sick control urge in FallinInTheBlak (who deserves a new avatar and custom red title for his actions btw) and foisted upon this group of lemmings like bad cold porridge i an orphanage./.
FallinInTheBlak, I sincerely hope to sticky bomb you in game one day. Gertcha you little prat.

Sorry for making one big crew to unite everybody under. The crew is just to find players, it doesn't stop you from being in other crews and doing your own thing. Also if you want to Sticky Bomb me buy an Xbox One and make sure you play during prime GMT hours.

If you or anybody wants to change something about the crew then just tell me and depending how much support it gets from the thread I'll make it happen. I've taken suggestions from Duke Chin regarding crew ranks before and I'll take suggestions from anybody.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

The DLC which they offer wouldn't fragment the player base anyway so their point is completely invalid. The only reason Rockstar sell Shark Cards is to pad out their profits during the middle of a development life-cycle because everything they offer is for free, but for some reason they chose to negate the truth.

Are there any accurate/reliable figures available which either show how much money Rockstar has made from selling Shark Cards or how many of them have been sold?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

:ssh: Sometimes I even change things when you aren't looking! :v:
(go look at the crew rankings - I tweeked them a couple weeks ago after R* got mad at "shitposter")

I am extremely upset that you have done this as now the rank shitposter has been lost forever.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

How long is the festive surprise content live for?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I for one would be quite terrified if a helicopter blasting out "Only Girl in the World" was chasing me.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Roobsa posted:

A guy ranked 578 in this lobby. Is that genuine? It feels like it's taken forever just to get to rank 33, I can't imagine the hours put into getting to 578.

Maybe, but probably not.

It certainly is possible for them to have reached that level though legitimate means but for a couple of months right after GTA Online had launched people found out that Rockstar were sending their character files back and forth openly across their network and so all they needed to do was catch their file, edit the values and send it back. Doing this people could change their level as they pleased, set bounties between −2,147,483,648 and +2,147,483,647 as well as god mode and some other crazy stuff.

Rockstar rolled back a lot of people for abusing this, but for lots and lots of people nothing happened and so they were able to stay at their level with all their money.

I think Rockstar have fixed most of the glitches now with the exception of hiding in certain walls and buildings which you shouldn't be able to get into and people spawning car crushers and ferris wheels in your garage so you can't take your vehicles out, the last of which I believe is only happening on last gen consoles.

NeoSeeker posted:

They still haven't gotten my garage of adders. All ten still sitting pretty and fully upgraded.

:smug:

:hfive:

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 23, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Bondematt posted:

Found a gif of pubbies racing.

Now just add a Reliant Robin to this and my life is complete

I really hope this will happen, but it most likely will not.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Welp, I can't get on to play in the snow because Xbox Live is down. Merry Christmas one and all.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Both Xbox Live and PSN services are extremely limited due to Denial of Service attacks, I've been trying to get online for the past 2 and a half hours but to no avail.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Is there anything better than drunk driving a solid gold 6x6 Killdozer around the streets of Los Santos in the snow at Christmas? I think not.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I believe that's because I just flipped the Dubsta by t-boning into a 4x4 which caused it to go flying.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

The snow is gone? Wow. Couldn't they even keep it around for the new year?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:(

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

circ dick soleil posted:

I wish the snow would have tracks in it on the roads where traffic is, but that would involve some sort of mapping that the game currently doesn't have.

They can track skid-marks and so this would be fairly simple to do.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

If they're not willing to put the snow in for longer or add it to the weather cycle then they should at the very least make it an option when it comes to races and player jobs.

edit: Also if special crate drops actually loving worked.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 27, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

How are you supposed to exit from the Merryweather helicopter? I was stopped and was holding X to rappel and nothing was happening and upon pressing Y nothing happened. Is it broken on next gen consoles or something? I used to use it all the time on the 360 when I needed to go somewhere I wanted to do something irl for a minute or two.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Bobtista posted:

Triangle works fine on PS4 for jumping out and parachuting, had to use the helicopter pickup earlier today due to mechanic apparently not wanting to bring a car anywhere near fort zancuso.

You can rappel down too?

I guess my helicopter was just glitched, it may have been because I entered the helicopter in passive mode (something I've never done before) and so it wouldn't let me interact with it. When I took passive mode off to try and get out all I could do was cycle through my weapons but not use them. I ended up having to kill myself.

You can rappel down only if you're the passenger and the Merryweather pilot is still piloting it.

Nicely done Rockstar.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 28, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Zip! posted:

Operation acquire a Karim Sultan has so far been a resounding failure. I can't for the life of me get them to spawn anywhere - I spent about an hour driving around Blaine County and by the Prison in Super and Sports class cars and nothing - loads of Asteropes and Futos - not a single Sultan :(

I found mine up by Sandy Shores around by Trevor's place if that helps. The Sultan is definitely worth it.

edit: Has Rockstar patched up the cargobob picking up vehicles? All of the Cargobobs I have been in wouldn't let me deploy the grapple. Or is this something else you can't do whilst in passive mode?

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 28, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

Jumped online, got a Cargobob, went to hook up a car and nothing? Empty underneath?

I was having the some problem. Apparently you can't deploy or use the hook in passive mode.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

At some point after I spent all my money on car upgrades for my third garage, my mechanic tried to get some money out of me but I was flat broke. Now the guy's on strike. Any idea how to get him back to work? I'm currently trying to do some missions and the prick won't even bring me a car. I'm having to hitch a ride with CopperFronts everywhere I go.

You have to wait for an entire game day (48 minutes) to cycle so you can pay him again.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

There aren't really specific servers for countries, I'm fairly sure it just goes by a maximum ping because living in the UK I frequently end up playing with Americans when joining a new session on my own.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

So does the passive mode icon not show if you're in a vehicle? This guy is in a plane and is a blood red dot but is invincible? Is this an issue with the icon not showing or is he abusing an invincibility glitch?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

bonus: gently caress u got mine

:hfive:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I just ran a 2 lap race of "Slip 'n' Slide" and it is 1000% more frustrating in the snow than on wet mud. It was so bad that the pubbie I was running it with rage quit after he kept spinning around trying to get around a corner. I had an off-road sultan and it still took me 7 minutes to finish it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

bisticles posted:

That's the worst name I ever heard

It's from The Simpsons, but they couldn't use the full and actual name either because it was already taken or it was too big for the character limit.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Posting from the future: Happy New Year!

GTA Online lobby's are still broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Nooo! I missed the K-Rose shirt. Rockstar, I will pay a £0.25 micro-transaction for that shirt.

• Locked thread