Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Played Air Quota last night and it was actually pretty good....sorta.

I say "sorta" because while I'm pretty good at flying, I suck when it comes to dogfighting. Plus the guns on every plane and heli other than the Hydra and Savage feel weak as poo poo.

80k to 120k in funbux for 4 rounds isn't too bad, but my chances of playing it when it's not 2X money/RP are nearly nil.

I would like Air Quota a lot more if I had an alternate control method. Are you able to hook up a joystick for just flying or is the game strict on controller vs. keyboard? I just can't stand keyboard dogfighting. I did discover during the Prison Break finale that I'm a much better drunk pilot because I went through about 3 ounces of gin on it.

Our first attempt went really well with me landing on a strip of sand next to the road...until our fearless leader ran straight into the propeller. This wouldn't have been a problem except someone else didn't know how parachutes worked and splattered on the cliffside at the very end, forcing a restart.

Second attempt failed from someone else dying. Third attempt I impulsively (and drunkenly) landed on a road near the prison that I thought had enough space, only to hook my wing against a telephone pole and swing around 90 degrees to another road just gently enough to avoid damage. I made the second takeoff with about 2 feet to spare flying over a dump truck and nearly colliding with a police helicopter.

I'm not even rank 20 yet so I'm not jaded enough to hate everything. I do keep blowing my money on clothes because I'm addicted to virtual paper doll games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

coupedeville posted:

the last time I played I was creeping around in my akula and came up on a pubbie tryna source a Z-type - popped him and destroyed the car before he even got his hands on it lmao :feelsgood:

it's me; i'm the problem :v:

Two nights ago a guy I finished a mission with immediately killed me once it was over, but forgot to take any money off my body.

As he was driving away, I shot a homing missile from the hill I respawned on and blew up his car as he was driving down the highway. He left the game right then and there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ended my run last night by having a hacker chasing me down the freeway in a tugboat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never really had issues driving anything in the game, but honestly you just need to slow down sometimes. You won't fly off the road if you hit the brakes (then release the brakes so you don't lock up your steering) before reaching a corner. I've won or got second place on races by just slowing down and letting my opposition smash into walls.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Joined a guy for Fleeca Bank Scope-Out. He’s currently struggling to drive off-road over hills in a sedan because he thinks a straight line is faster.

Edit: Oh my partner is literally 8 years old. That explains it.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

He now thinks the rainbow lights on the side of the parking garage is an Easter egg.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Explains everything about GTA Online.

I stuck with him long enough to steal the Armored Kuruma. It took 3 tries because he kept using the "bazooka" to kill the Koreans and blowing up the car we needed. On our final run he kept running back to get his car and drive in even though we were across the street from the parking garage and he kept crashing repeatedly trying to drive through the parking garage, so I was able to run up the stairs and kill everyone myself just in time for him to reach the top floor and jump in.

Then I got to feel really cool drifting around the pillars and revving the engine and I need to get around to buying the car for myself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I took maybe a week total to get the 50 headshots with the revolver? I just kept using it on missions where I could afford to and occasionally headshotting passing civilians. No need to stress over getting $250,000 right goddamn now.

What's the best option for an assault rifle? It feels like the Bullpup Rifle is a little on the weak side but I can't tell if that's to balance it being available at all levels or if the game is just that bullet spongey. Also is that stockless AK that you can do drive-bys with any good?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm honestly finding it more fun to work slowly through each update's content and build up to the Doomsday Heist and owning a facility instead of just buying Shark Cards and skipping straight to powergaming.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I tried doing a heist setup. Managed to get 6 people all showing up and leaving after a few minutes because nobody else came. If they just had patience, we'd have had a nice time.

Any groups of 3 for PC want to help finish off Prison Break?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve successfully gotten 4 players for this setup for Prison Break twice and both times it ended after a minute because of someone quitting. I’m going to be eternally trying to break Rashkovsky out of prison.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Went to do the Humane Labs raid. My gunner in the copilot seat did not, in fact, realize that there was a gun no matter how many times I yelled at him. Despite this, I managed to successfully take down one enemy chopper by crashing into it before finally being taken down by 3 missiles in a row.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Any recommendations for a guy who just got an office and two small Special Cargo warehouses on how to maximize profit? I've only got the barest clues as to what to do, but I have a lot of fancy clothes if that helps.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

And yeah definitely for crates, the best weapon is something that can go directly back and forth without having to stick to roads - Buzzard, Opressor, Deluxo

Is there any way to save aircraft at an office by default or will I need a hangar for that? I only saw options to buy car garages.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of aircraft, I haaaate flying the Valkyrie and can't understand why it constantly tries to turn to the right.

On my completion of the Humane Labs raid, my gunner actually got in a minigun seat that he knew how to use instead of sitting dumbly in the copilot seat. I always listen to Self Radio so I had Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady" playing as we went Vietnam on the parking lot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There definitely isn't any gas tank explosions in GTA V, right? Because I was shooting at two cars pursuing me on the highway (organization fighting) and one of them just suddenly exploded for no apparent reason.

Then the driver got out on fire, and I looped back around and rammed the Armored Kuruma that was still chasing me so he ran over his buddy. The chase kept going with both of us unable to damage each other because of our armored cars, until I ramped my car over a low barrier and landed on another highway while he overshot and fell through the gap to the ground. I couldn't script an action sequence this good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

namlosh posted:

There definitely ARE.

Shoot in the right place and you can one shot explode cars with the heavy revolver

They don’t leak or run out like in single player though

Ghost post

Huh, that makes sense. I had read and people were saying that the gas is just supposed to leak out until the car stalls. I didn't know you could start exploding cars that way. I should start studying the models and figuring out where to shoot because I was just baffled by my pursuer suddenly turning into a fireball from one TEC-9 burst. I even started looking around to try and find if anyone else could have fired a rocket or something.

I also discovered yesterday that:

1. Buzzard missiles can also lock onto enemy people.

2. Helicopters can have slowly dying engines from too many collisions (I never had enough low-speed bumps to find out).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think I'd like the organization work a lot better if the game was structured differently, where your associates could actually complete purchases and deliveries for you and get a percentage of the profit when the final stuff gets sold. You could fill up and empty warehouses a lot faster. As it is, it feels so grindy that it encourages you to buy Shark Cards and now I see why they make it this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BitBasher posted:

Copilot seats is the best seat? It has the rapid fire grenade launcher that rapidly 2 or 3 shots enemy choppers as ling as you keep the helicopter pointed towards them and at the same height or above. I prefer it.

On the first run he sat in the copilot seat and did nothing. I kept shouting in the chat and he just sat there like a mannequin.

• Locked thread