Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So Googling gives me various answers from throughout the game's lifespan, so I'm asking here: do you ever get the chance to change your online character's appearance? After you've already started online that is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cool! Thanks. Now I have to figure out which apartment is best apartment...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, yeah. Then again, maybe I should wait and see if we get a mansion or whatever in a few days...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Last night there was a dude rolling on people in an Insurgent while I was doing my first-time stuff like buying clothes and guns and poo poo so I went into passive mode and he chewed me out in chat. Welcome to GTA Online!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I need to join one of the Goon crews...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

geeves posted:

Stupid pointless changes.

So, who cares?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

geeves posted:

They are things that didn't need to be changed / fixed. It just added variety to the look of the character and didn't affect playing the game in anyway. They can make it work for masks, why not hoodies?

Ah, fair enough.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I sent a friend request too if you're not already drowning in them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: nm

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm just happy to be here! Lookin' forward to maybe joining a crew soon!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: Nevermind. I actually don't care.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Have any PC players gotten into any trouble for unlocking the stuff you get when you port a console character over? Does that trick even work anymore?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Just keep buying and selling cars until the return gets small enough to be ok. I get what you're saying. I got given, like 3 mil and I wouldn't really want much more than that to start with.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Zirconium Stratum is best because wagon supremacy.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When does the event weekend begin?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

But my pixels don't mean as much if I didn't labor for days to get them!!!!!

Devaluing my pixels!

Eh, you joke, but value is a made up thing in most cases, pixels are no different.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rockstar can make it grindy if they want because that "fake" value means people pay real money for rockstar bucks which means we all get fake-gold plane DLC for free.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Asmodai_00 posted:

whoa man

it's just a game

Shh, let him go, maybe he'll be next to have a meltdown.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

theguybro posted:

Why hasnt the other guy posted yet

Hey, your planes that you rain down in game follow me into races and occasionally get in my way, it's pretty funny.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's happened only a few times, and they were smaller groups and no one said anything. Either it's only client-side or they were just too busy racing and too used to weird poo poo going on.

I've heard they carry over to singleplayer if you switch out too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You can also play as a woman in GTAO, which for some of us is the preferred way to play any game.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

See, this is why we need hardcore, strict RP private servers, dudes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I was in a lobby tonight where someone (probably stopitb, but I think there were a few people in there with stuff) was making my A-Team van spout water and money bags. It was sure somethin.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

T1g4h posted:

Wait, were you mutatedjellyfish? Because if so, fountain van owned.

Yep! That's me!

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It better fits T1g4h's shtick since he's dressed up like a Mad Max warboy anyway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Those giant planes are flyable. They're slow as poo poo too, I was trying to land on one in a helicopter for a while while someone flew it around.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They can also jitter constantly so if you come across an unusually active pile of them it can get dicey.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

With my 970 after this last patch I get random slams from 60fps down to 30 or below and then back. Other than that it's really nice.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I can hardly even find people to race with me. It must be the time of night I usually play. I need dem car upgrades...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Budos Band station in Sleeping Dogs was the best.

Edit: I appreciate that none of you have tried to convince me that the talk radio in GTAV is good.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Not if you have a benevolent hacker in your game!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I want stickers and decals to stick where ever I want on my cars. Heaven forbid you get to upload your own art like you used to be able to through that crew badge trick.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well it is money-themed DLC after all...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well yeah, 2 of the things last go around were literally new skins for existing vehicles. At least we don't have to pay real life money for it. Well, if you're on the PC anyway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Looks like this weekend is the time to trade race wins! I'll be on nights MST. Most likely tomorrow night. Add me, I'm mutatedjellyfish and whenever I'm on, I'll be game to trade races.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I got the error on musket ammo but when I equipped the musket, it had 700 rounds.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Do you lose that special crate minigun when you die? I was racing a guy to one and he got it and pulled out the minigun but I went rage and immediately destroyed him, his car, and everything within a 20 for radius and I felt kinda bad.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When you buy a bus, where does it/does it get stored?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

UserErr0r posted:

There's a few pegasus ground vehicle spawns around the map. They won't spawn across the street from you like your personal vehicles will. It's worth learning the common spots so you can anticipate where you might spawn an insurgent pickup or technical so a pubbie doesn't steal it. Also, join us in mumble already, MJF

And to answer a potential followup question: No, you can't customize pegasus vehicles.

I'm one of those assholes who doesn't have a mic, though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I bought the Liberator last night and did one of Lester's "distract the cops" missions by driving in circles across a busy freeway for 5 minutes and it was pretty fun.

• Locked thread