Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

rally posted:

Online connectivity still isn't working 100%

Yeesh, still? I didn't do anything besides port my character for basically this reason. Plus I really wanted to replay single player. The limit is high enough not to have to prune people from LLJK, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What are the pro solo missions to do these days? Trash Talk and Mixed Up With Coke are still quick and easy with the chopper. It looks like the crystal clear out I always did is gone, and doesn't rooftop Rumble suck now?

Also I never got any straight up errors but it would take forever to load after finishing a mission, is that just how it is?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is anyone missing the Dresses list in their closet? I can't find mine, and the only way to put a dress on is to go the store and do it. Really annoying.

Yep, although sometimes after a mission my character just respawns with it on

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hockles posted:

So, March 24th is the PC release date now. I bet heists get pushed back to then too.

The announcement says heists at launch for PC and "a couple weeks earlier" for consoles

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What was that trick for Blow Up 2? I wasn't getting anything for blowing up all those cops or staying wanted.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Trick?

Uhh, get in your tank, move yellow car, blow up the other cars, kick back take some :catdrugs: and enjoy 15+ minutes of cop-roasting, tank-smashing fun. Then when you're done, kill yourself and use the extra life to deliver the yellow car to Simeon in piece.

Yeah but wasn't I supposed to get some mega payout? I might as well have just done Trash Talk or Mixed up with coke in 1/3 of the time.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah, I didn't get squat until the mission ended. The other ones give 25 rp a pop for killing dudes plus whatever at the end.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sorted it out, just wasn't doing it long enough.

Are invincible ghost cars the current cheat thing? Saw a lot of that today.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I don't doubt that they will come out, I doubt the ability of the servers to work

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

That sounds neat in theory but I don't want to have to put aside 2-3 hours at a time to play them

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

OK so what would be fun?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

Something that doesn't require me to have a bunch of nerd friends to play at exactly the same time as me, which is basically impossible for me as an over-employed old person. I hated organizing raids in Destiny.

But you can already do that with a ton of missions that were always in the game. And they always, always said heists were about group-based multi part missions.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hey Pacific crew, I'm eastern time but play usually after midnight anyway. Ps4 LLJK, PSN WeGotMovieSign

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Another glitch: got to the very loving end of the prison break and the "fly through the yellow circle" wouldn't ever register, even with no wanted level. Ugh, thanks for the help with that mission LLJK.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I've only completed through Prison Break but honestly my real problem with pubbies is "why won't anyone join" rather than "how are you so stupid"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Maybe the update fixed that graphic stuff that the last one supposedly broke

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Aardmania posted:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think my character is having an allergic reaction to a bee sting.

Ha! Had this exact thing the other day.

I sent out more friend requests and added myself to that PS4 list in the OP, hopefully now I can make some headway into the Trevor heist. Every attempt at the boat mission was ruined either by no one joining or 12 year olds who can't understand "don't stand there and let people shoot you".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Just got 1.10 on PS4, menu says it fixes those graphics problems

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I did some contact missions with a couple low-level pubbies the other day and felt like a god. For example, Mixed Up With Coke, they'd get killed before I got back to the construction site in my Buzzard.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

A pubby joined a heist mission with a $9000 bounty. Ordinarily I refrain from shooting people once we all spawn somewhere after a mission, but he was particularly useless, so...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Haha, indeed it was

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Can confirm "go to your garage and get your armored kuruma" still worked on the Pacific finale last night, we should have tried it sooner

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Daily Objectives do a good job showing me why I ignore the stuff I do. Every single last team standing I get is some pubby created "stand on containers in the sky and shoot at supercars driving up ramps at you" garbage

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

I just got invited to the group and I want to make sure to be a good member. Anyone have a quick list of things that "pubby" players do that I should avoid? In general I try not to be a dumb rear end unless it is understood by all members playing AND is funny.

Are you older than 10? Do you have at least a vague understanding of how this game works? If so, you're ahead of a ton of pubbies.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

geeves posted:

Most pubbies think they are well defended in it. And most of us have no problem destroying them with stickies, rpgs, homing missiles, etc.

Which does cost $6600, though, which some people might care about.

I had a pubbie try to blow me up in mine with a sticky bomb but he ended up blowing up himself and his own vehicle with it instead.

I'm worried about it getting nerfed because between pubbie slaughter and contact missions it's really unbalanced and fun.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Is the Savage more fun than the Buzzard? I've got $5 mil with nothing really to spend it on. It wouldn't be for free roam so much as contact missions where you actually can lock on to stuff.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Bondematt posted:

Yeah, it's normal.

Funny thing is: It is your stats, just jumbled a bit.

That screen has had my driving and stealth stats mixed up since the ps4 launch but every other way I look at it is correct.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

simosimo posted:

I do love Rockstars GTA cars, I wonder if there are any nicely put together videos showing the iterations through tiem.

Whatever happened with that contest for someone to win a real-life Banshee? There were pictures of it, it was real, and I assumed that whoever won it was going to immediately sell it since they likely couldn't afford the taxes on a 6-figure car.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hobnob posted:

That happens (to me at least) on PS4 fairly often so I think it's just network wobbles or R* problems rather than anything malicious. Though sometimes I do get stuck in a lobby where I'm the only player, and trying to join any other session or job hosted by someone else will fail, and the only way to fix it is to quit/rerun the game.

For some reason whenever I try to play the game using suspend/resume from GTA single player, it will put my in lobbies entirely by myself until I quit the game completely and start over.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

You climb ladders faster.

Do you hit the ball farther in golf?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Scyron posted:

I'm a bit confused why rockstar shows I am the correct crew rank of 74, but in game now I am 45? I don't get it.

The website says I'm 10 levels lower than I am, it's just broken

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

Correct one way bullet proof glass is an awesome invention and should be used more often.

blow it up
go passive
find a new session
play invite only
buy one for yourself

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Play Pier Pressure and slug everyone on the pier. You won't ever get a wanted level.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

That was a major selling point when they advertised GTAO. They said you could rob a bank or a store with your friends and you had to get back to your safehouse before other people on the server got to you to steal the money. Then it turned out you couldn't do that and it took a year and a half to add one the biggest features of the game.

Eh, that kinda cuts both ways. Sure you can say they wanted to eliminate people getting tons of money from a single kill but I think it would have been annoying as gently caress to have to go to an ATM all the time or risk losing a lot of money.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Juxtaposed Shoe posted:

Well you can deposit/withdraw cash on your phone right now. It doesn't make sense but you can do it.

Yeah you originally weren't supposed to be able to do that.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I hope it's the empty lobby glitch I got every time I used the resume feature on PS4

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

I've been whining about wanting this since GTA V was announced!
I would legit pay 3 million funbux for it.

Goddamn, to think it was *2002* when I saw a picture of this car in Game Informer and lost my poo poo over Vice City coming out.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How much of this new update can you do solo? I didn't bother with the low rider missions because I didn't want to try and round up friends or gulp, pubbies.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

More than enough to get started. Admittedly I don't know if there's any gameplay difference between offices but you can get the cheapest office for 1 million without upgrades and then the small warehouse for about 250 - 500k. Which is enough to get started. I moved 2 crates and got about the same as a sightseer mission for slightly more time, but more enjoyable too.

I can live with that. I have about $4 million and haven't really bothered to buy many vehicles.

LOL at them making "remove guns from your loadout" a paid in-game upgrade feature, how very capitalistic of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah, it started doing the "cloud servers cannot save your game right now" so I think it's time to hold off

• Locked thread