Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quality OP.
Looking forward to some nutso sessions with the LLJK crew. If we have even half the crazy shenanigans that the old 360 WEZL crew had, it will be glorious.
Who want to go on a drunken first person store robbery streak this weekend? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Besides issues connecting/staying connected to crewmates, both online and SP have worked pretty much flawlessly for me. I can connect to online sessions pretty much every time, but they most often don't include crew.... and if they do, they usually don't last long in the session before they get disconnected.
I must be lucky.
And I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

My absolute favorite time playing GTA Online was the night a bunch of WEZL relentlessly hunted down two twerps with a Nazi swastika as their crew emblem.
Felt good. We need more of that.

Also, chalk me up as another who has yet to see a tank online except for the one I brought out briefly to test it's first person view.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

What is its FPV?

Also, not that I saw many of them on the last gen, but has anybody seen an armored truck?

Crew challenges are also grayed out for me :(

The FPV is more or less down the barrel, sadly not a badass interior view. And now that you point it out, I don't think I've seen an armored truck either....

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

The vitriol spewing from those guys was uh, something else. I've never heard a black dude tell a white dude he was going to go get one of "his" nooses and string said white guy up.

I also like when he called you bird poo poo. Another good one.

To be fair, the noose comments came after Quicksand_Jesus' comments about going get his white hooded robe on.

And some of the stuff they were coming up with, like school shootings? Jee-zus. I don't think anyone from LLJK will be 'down with' the BLOK any time soon.

Edit: The main rear end in a top hat would have been fun to trade kills with had he actually stopped spewing stupid poo poo. He had some pretty decent skills. Better than me by a metric mile. Just would not shut up.
Ever.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 29, 2014

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I need to friend you.. simply because you sound identical to the mechanic. Haha.

Haha, like I said last night, I really do kinda miss having him show up and subsequently run me over and drive off with my car!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

MrLonghair posted:

Whatever lets me claim ownership and insurance on a bulldozer!

PLEASE!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

And here's Wee Bairns and me destroying an Adder with style. I'm glad you can still do this without having to pay the insurance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsRz3tpAodU

Too bad the second car, the yellow one (I forget what model it was) despawned before we had a chance to repeat the performance.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

...after your 293840 disconnect....

That's fairly accurate.:( That's what I get for bragging earlier in the thread about how stable it had been for me...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

~20k for going on a police rampage that you would other wise do in free roam for free? Yes, please.

Yeah, I've started doing this off and on recently for a tidy cash/rp bump. Getting paid for going nuts and than having Simeon at the end saying "That was interesting" makes me happy.
And I finally got lvl 100 doing a couple runs the other night, so that was nice. I've basically unlocked all I want, as I doubt if I'd ever use the minigun online.
However, the Dubsta and RPG were welcome unlocks. :getin:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Well done, geeves ! I missed regular WEZL reporting after it trailed off!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

Am I able to save my video clips to an external HD? What format it have to be? God forbid anything be plug and play this day in age.

I've had no issues saving clips to USB storage, but it was by moving them over manually in system storage.

On the other hand, Facebook and YouTube uploads always fail for me, but the failed process still saves my trimmed clips just fine. Which is still handy if I'm transferring them to a USB stick anyway.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Duke Chin posted:

Huh, why is it when I've jumped from high poo poo I've died every time I hit the water...?

Also I'm like $80k away from buying a Dodo float plane should I do it y/n/ddc ?

I bought it, it's a zippy, very manoeuvrable little thing with which you can carry 3 passengers--two of whom are on the side pontoons I believe. (Not sure, haven't tried that yet)

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I just regret we didn't get the Bus/Cargobob combo going last night because the game likes to change where a Pegasus vehicle is spawned just as you arrive at it's initial spawn location.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Icedude posted:

If you want the full 10-car apartment, I'd say Alta St would be the best choice, right around the corner from the big downtown ammunation, not too far from LSC, and directly down the road from the airport if you want to get your airplane on. Also the cheapest 10-car apartment with a view that isn't the side of another building at $223k (there's a cheaper one in the same building but that's only $10k less)

If you just want a garage though, there's a 10-car one over on the east side of town, Popular St Unit 2 I think, that's literally a 5 second drive from the eastern LSC. That's $142k

These are exactly what I have for properties, and both work perfectly for me. Alta St is also close to Mors if need be as well. And from one property to the other is a quick jaunt across a bridge.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That article and trailer have me really excited for heists. Like really, really excited.
Thank God there are a bunch of good players in LLJK, because attempting a heist with pubbies is going to be impossible.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

BitBasher posted:

It was neat, if you were logged in when they turned it on, it went from clear one second to BAM SNOW EVERYWHERE the next second right when you were driving. Same thing in reverse when it was over.

It's a crazy amount of detail to turn on for two days a year and have on the disk.

What time did that actually happen? I'd love to bear witness to the changeover.
Also, I really liked the snow last year, but wish it lasted a little longer than it did.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I can not get home fast enough.

Going to buy me a SlamVan and a nice countryside third garage/apartment.

And that gingerbread mask, gently caress yes.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Thaxxas posted:

There was what? A half dozen or more Goons running around when that guy was strafing us with the jet? If that same incident happened tonight then we would have seen smoke trails from a half dozen or more missiles being fired from various places within a couple mile radius. I can picture it.

That would be glorious. And it will no doubt happen again, so it will be put to the test.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Oh god, that Slam Van!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

geeves shot someone out of their car tonight.

http://youtu.be/YOQ5OzIA7TI

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Safari?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

Please be in David Attenborough's voice.

We find ourselves in the concrete jungle called Los Santos as we search for the elusive and irresponsible White Dot....

Glorious.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

I feel like I've actually been on a Safari sponsored by Google now. Well done.

Last night a bunch of us were in a room with a young kid who told us he was LA Reid's son. When we of course laughed at him, he told us to "look it up on Safari" so we wanted to know why his dad was on a safari.

We just messed with him on and off for awhile. Then he told us he was a YouTube streamer...lots of hilarity. It was a good night for my voice chat to be stuck on "everyone".

It was funny how he went from resigned frustration, to anger, to shrieking like a five year old, and back around again. All the while not cluing in about 'Safari'. And the multitude of LA, Read/Reid and YouTube streaming comments was loving hilarious.
His begging of us to leave him alone near the end all the while was really almost sad. I wish he had joined the races with us.

Speaking of which, I got hung up on the exit screen, I had to literally turn off the PS4 to get out of it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

BitBasher posted:

I'm going to ask this without honestly trying to sound like too much of a douchebag... Would you prefer I not join in races with you guys? If you want to just race each other I wouldn't butthurt at all if you asked me to gently caress off because I race a lot. I'm not sure I wasn't hurting the enjoyment of races for you guys.

I don't mind at all, don't be ashamed for having some slick racing skills. I'm reaching for anything but last place since I am fully aware of how horrible my racing is, so you're not hurting my fun at all.
And good point about the proximity mines, they could really mess up a race but again, they might make for a really interesting one if the right person got creative in the map editor.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

I'm 39 with a kid of my own and got an iPad from my parents last year. :smuggo:

Liar. You are 16, one year older than LA Reid's golden child.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Servers aren't available to save progress now. Wonder if they're 'fixing' challenges...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Don't mind me. Just cosplaying Bo Duke on an early morning at the Duke farm...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Roobsa posted:

A guy ranked 578 in this lobby. Is that genuine? It feels like it's taken forever just to get to rank 33, I can't imagine the hours put into getting to 578.

While it could be poopsocking, it's more likely a product of the DNS hacks that were going around early in the year. One kill would level you up a huuuuge amount and drop millions in cash. Rockstar revoked most everyone's hacked cash, but left the hacked levels alone.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I never do. It means you get an extra cooldown timer before you can use any Merryweather services.

This, I did not know.

Also, I gotta get meself on there now that PSN seems to be ok and the rum is flowing.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Twas good to get on and play with you guys! Padded my bank account nicely too. :cool:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

How did this not kill me?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

This action by the pubbie may have been sparked by leaving proximity mines on Simeon's garage about 10 minutes earlier and he decided to hunt me down.

This makes me wonder, do the prox mines have a maximum effective range? Like, could you plant em on Simeon's garage and then drive all the way out to Sandy Shores or Paleto Bay before someone got close enough to set them off?
And for that matter, do sticky bombs have a determined range?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I just logged on, got the message that there was to be a crate drop in three hours. Raced to my buzzard, because reasons, and then flew for 20 minutes (or more) with no drop.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

The gang attack in Sandy Shores might possibly be the most annoying thing on this planet earth.

This. The location makes for a decent firefight, but it's just too drat annoying to start the drat attack when all I wanted was a drat Cargobob!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

N is for Nipples posted:

Doesn't really help when everyone's tires are bulletproof anyway.

Only if custom cars are allowed, which the host can change... I've seen about a 75/25 split with custom/not during my public racing sessions, though.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Slim Killington posted:

So for the free sad trombone horn trick to work, you have to drive a vehicle in with an already-modified suspension? I'm asking to see if this will work on cars I already own, since they would have had the stock suspension already purchased before.

I did it last night on an unmodified Baller I found on the street. Simply scrolled through all the suspension options without selecting one, went into horns and the trombone was free. I think it then sold for 22k.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

How does 8 / 8:30ish work for everyone?

Sounds like a plan!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Good times. Gotta do this again.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

MrLonghair posted:

Here you go wee_bairns :haw:

:lol:
Holy gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlhTAXy4W8s

Made the video before this glorious name.

Haha, that's great!

• Locked thread