Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can I still run my 16x coveted playlist for funbucks or is that a total waste of time now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feenix posted:

Is there a way I can host my own race without others? (you know, select the track, etc?)

Yeah in the pause menu under the online tab iirc, you can choose the job and start your own lobby then just start without inviting anyone else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wheany posted:

Again: Why?

Custom plates have to be unique so I guess that's why. Once you set it it's locked to you and nobody else can have the same plate. This is a good or bad thing depending on how much you care about being *~**~*unique*~**~*

I somehow have different custom plates on singleplayer to online though. My first custom plate order was put in and I got them in singleplayer, then the next time I started the app it had all reset. I tried to put in the same plate and was told it was taken, put in a different one and that became my online plate. This has persisted in the generation switchover.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

geeves posted:

They can still check uniqueness if you were to setup the plate on Social Club or in game.

In SP, Franklin is the only one I've seen with custom plates (FC1988 for his Buffalo, FC88 for the Western Bagger)

When I say custom plates I mean literally "In single player my characters can all have the same custom plate I entered into the app which is different to the custom plate I have on my online account", not that characters have their own custom plates.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wheany posted:

Sure, but even if they need to be unique (why?), there is no reason why you couldn't change them as many times as you want. Twitter somehow manages it with their usernames and I'm going to make a wild guess that more people use Twitter than play GTAO.

Who knows, add it to the list of other weird design choices made.

Maybe they didn't want people sitting on interesting plates and selling them? It's more likely to just be weird design choice than this but that's the only thing I can think of that could possibly happen if they let people chop and change plates while retaining the uniqueness

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just spent ~4 hours in total plugging away at missions and dicking around, they really do seem to have fixed the grind. Went from 63 to 66 and made 350k which I then blew on modding out a blista compact :hellyeah:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Use a snacks while in cover (R1) and you'll eat instantly :ssh:

This works while doing anything that prevents you from doing the eating animation, so driving works too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My team at work gave me a £15 psn card and there's nothing I want to buy because most digital full game titles are all £15 cheaper on physical media anyway.

Do I just buy GTA funbux? My heart says yes but my head says no, because thats maybe 1 fully modded supercar and some change for funsies.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Prokhor posted:

If you do it add another $5 and get the 1.25 mil one otherwise you'll only get $700,000

1.25 mil is £11.99 on the UK PSN so I could buy that and another smaller one.

im pooping! posted:

Don't do it or you'll just encourage them.

Also this I guess but in a half hearted way.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If anyone on PS4 needs race wins for unlocks hit me up on PSN, I need 20 more slipstreams for lava red so I don't mind letting you beat me in a criminal records 1 lap playlist for a while.

PSN ID is Tarwedge

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Yo I was about to go to bed but if you want slipstreams then just turn on a huge rear end criminal records and let's do this. PSN Malice_Mizer. I think you just sent me an invite to some other race.

Thanks man, all done!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does the turbo bug apply to vehicles which were upgraded before transferring to next gen?

I took the turbo off my old entity (keeping all my other max performance upgrades) then I got absolutely smoked on the freeway by someone in another entity and only just kept pace with a bullet someone else brought on a mission.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish they'd add a personal vehicle selection menu to the job lobbies. Sometimes I just want to tool around in whatever but then you get a job where you know you're going to need to haul rear end and I regret not just being in my Entity all the time

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My modded except for turbo akuma just got rinsed by some guy on a sanchez. I'm starting to think I am just such a terrible driver I can't achieve top speed whilst on a straight freeway with no traffic interference going in a perfectly straight line because this poo poo is silly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

im pooping! posted:

Are you tucking when you're going straight? It makes a big difference.

Tucking as in leaning forward on the stick or tucking as in using the newly added duck button? The former yes, the latter no because I have no idea where that button went after I switched back to alternate handbrake because who the gently caress puts the handbrake on R1 with the accelerator on R2

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BitBasher posted:

gently caress tucking, pull back and do a wheelie on straights, makes you go faster than tucking.

Of course it also matters how you drive into and out of the corners.

This is literally a straight line. Heading down the highway to a mission objective and sanchez bro just blows past me. He then wiped out immediately on contact with a car so I still got there first but it's the principle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

What are they even going to be. Rockstar's never really talked at all about them in how they'll play or work.

I don't see how they could be anything other than long multi-part missions like the Los Santos Connection which means pubbies will gently caress them up for you 9 attempts out of 10 anyway, and the payouts won't be much or you'll be limited to 1 every x period of time because otherwise shark cards don't get bought.

No matter what they are they aren't going to live up to the hype, people have gotten themselves so wound up about it without even thinking about what they'd actually be getting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

Did this last night and while the payout was great it took me like 15 minutes to escape my wanted level due to 5 stars online apparently increasing police's psychic powers and giving them all xray vision.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Croccers posted:

Kill yourself.
Seriously, it's just quicker to die and respawn if you're solo'ing it.

Goddamnit.

Kelly posted:

I never thought of killing myself, I usually just call them off via Lester. But the former would work just as well.

I thought of this and instead of trying it somehow decided "no that probably only works in freeroam" which was enough to convince me not to bother :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this for the first time last weekend. Was murdered repeatedly, every time almost minutes after respawning, while a British retard who sounded like he was always talking through mouthfuls of chip butty about how fat Americans are and a hick child bellowed at one another through my speakers. Is that... is that the basic GTA Online experience, or can I do something to make it not bad all of the time?

You can at least set freeroam chat to crew/friends which cuts out the constant howling of pubbies but still lets you listen to them flip out when you kill them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Every time I boot the game up on PS4 I routinely run into like 5 or 6 LLJKs and I bump into them all the time in random match making. It's nice.

Ive had plenty of sessions start off with a quick 20 minute rampage across the map with a random LLJK without any kind of coordination or attempting to join a session with crew members on purpose, and that's on euro times where the bulk of us seem to be playing on a US schedule.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spent a million dollars on new house, new car, new tattoos.

I now have to find 9 more PV's to fill these spaces :negative:

EDIT: Just grabbed a special crate with a minigun and got the award and t-shirt unlocks, merry christmas to me :v:

Anyone know if I can keep the minigun forever or if it's going to vanish when I run out of ammo, I can't just buy one because I'm only level 77

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 18, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Wow so am I missing something about the new racecars? On paper they go SLOWER than their original models (Massacro [195 MPH] Massacro Racecar [156 MPH] and they cost more too (275k -> 385k).

I guess it's just the liveries? I grabbed the Massacro and it can be resprayed from a limited selection of colours with the livery overlaid, it has a secondary colour selectable but nothing actually seems to change on the car so god knows what that's actually colouring.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'll wait for confirmation from multiple sources before pissing away 50k apiece on putting them back into all my cars. Because that's a million dollars of turbo to risk wasting

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well they're partway there, I just found out the hard way you don't get automatic insurance anymore on cars you take off the street into your garage.

When did that change?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

orcane posted:

Huh, you never got insurance for them, just the tracker that marks them as a PV.

Really? I swear at original launch you got insurance and the tracker when taking a stolen vehicle into your garage.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BitBasher posted:

It has always been that way, from day one. You have to drive it into an LSC and insure it. If you didn't, there would be no reason for that item ever to exist at LSC.

It would exist there for the same reason the tracker does, if you drive off the street straight into LSC instead of taking it home first.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Psion posted:

A third property is cool but I haven't even filled my first two. I guess I could make property #3 be my Races Only garage for all the racing I don't do anymore after getting 50 wins for parts/paint.

I thought this this morning and then filled a 3rd garage with novelty vehicles in the space of about 6 hours.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

Is there any way to turn a regular Jester/Massacro into their racecar counterparts or vice versa?

No, although unlike liveried bikes you can respray the base colour on the liveried cars.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

en1125 posted:

Does anyone know if the new cars will only be available at the holidays? Really wish I didn't blow my cash on that stupid sub... And now I gotta buy turbos again. Guess I can buy now and upgrade later.

They're permanent additions according to the rockstar newswire post

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feenix posted:

Where do I get the new non-mask clothes? Also did this patch fix turbo?

Any clothing store and apparently yes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Scyron posted:

Don't be me, and enjoy flying with a heli in passive mode for hours on end in freeroam talking into the mic narrating every movement from the random pub I am following.

Seriously my newbie's flying stat is almost 60, at like 10 hours of flying, alone. (I love it, and don't care about raising a silly stat through reason.)

On the plus side, that poo poo doesn't matter, after this last patch, I am back to using my level 123, gently caress leveling and that poo poo that is locked out. I have a 10 car garage to fill now, now worry about race win/loss, and bullshit content I can't access.

Long live WEZL LLJK for now!

edit; I forgot to ask, does anyone notice that if the GTA5 game has been running for a long time, or rather, the longer it runs the worst it performs, most noticeably audio issues arise, as do cinematic bugs with npcs not appears, or cutting voice chat in GTAO?

Ive noticed on PS4 it gets very choppy framerate-wise after a multi-hour session and there have been occasions where voice chat has come unmuted with no way to fix it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NeoSeeker posted:

I'd have to say they can't be next level better than you. You need to learn how to maneuver and even with collision off it helps to watch how other people handle. Then again you can always get frustrated halfway through and stop racing.

But do yourself a favor, spectate the rest of the race, don't just leave. If that is an option.

Also double tapping the E-brake is a godsend. It does something the equivalent of your car shifting down a gear and gives you a shitload of control with minimal impact to speed. It's the brake that's one of the R buttons. For me it's R1 but I have the shooting buttons swapped so I guess it's R2 for everyone else.

R1 is the default on the current gen, X is default last gen. They can be swapped over for people like me who feel that letting go of the accelerator to brake is for people who aren't taking advantage of other road users and furniture to make turns successfully.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NeoSeeker posted:

Are you sure? I thought the X button and the R button brakes were separate? Like one is the handbrake while the other is the typical wheel pad brake.

All I know is one brake can really wreck your poo poo in this kind of situation and the other is much more loose and just gives you more control while slowing you down a tiny bit. It doesn't alter your course at all if you use it right.

Positive. Default on current gen was R1 for handbrake and X to duck down in your seat and I know this for certainty because I spent the whole of the first Franklin mission wondering what the gently caress had happened to my brakes until I found the menu option to swap them back.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NeoSeeker posted:

Duck down in your seat?

I'm looking at the controls right now. They're the same for alternate and standard. X button functionality remains the same. I'm guessing pressing X was simply for a contextual action. You use it to manipulate your phone in the car.

It's also the handbrake for both layouts.

So basically, never use the real brakes and if you are afraid of the handbrake take a nice car out to a landing strip and practice. It helped me shitloads. It also helps to do this in single player.

When I say X I'm talking about PS4. The default in car action for X is to duck down in your seat. You switch to alternate handbrake and that moves to R1.

If you are also using alternative drive by then R1 would be your trigger when aiming with L1, otherwise it's duck. Ducking is a new gen version only thing.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 19, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I am an absolute car retard but even I can tell there's a lot of different complicated things going on with the driving physics in this game.

Gonna continue being my driving around game of choice until they make a new burnout

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Whats the most people you have come across in a single session? Fairly sparse in my experience so far (7-8 people max)

What platform? On PS4 I usually end up with 20+ in any given session, quite a few close to or at the cap. I've had a couple of 6-7 person lobbies but they're the exception rather than the rule.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Akion posted:

Have they said if cross-platform play is going to be a thing? Planning to get this for PC but used to roll with the PS3 crew.

It's not, they've specifically said so.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

geeves posted:

Still hilarious that I got a message that I killed you while inside my apartment.

If there is a flock of new players for christmas, this week is going to suck.

Edit: Do Proximity Mines and Stickies beep for other players?

You presume other players pay enough attention to hear the beeps or even notice the loving bombs right there in plain sight. I've got plenty a kill with a sticky just by putting it on the floor or sticking it to a wall and waiting around the corner for them to go near it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Going back to Sultan-chat for a moment, do they spawn regularly enough for me to find one Online, or will I have to stop being cheap and buy one?

Head to the northernmost mod shop (i think it's northernmost, its the one that isn't a Los Santos customs up in blaine county) and check the houses directly north of it, I have without fail found a sultan there every time I've gone looking for one with a friend.

• Locked thread