Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I used it when I was trying my hand at making a GLES mobile game, but I never licensed it. I ended up just not making an ios version. I really don't know much about mobile development (other than java and OpenGL), so I may have been making some sort of weird mistakes that made it so buggy. I remember having to "class SomeClass : java.lang.Object" at some point which is hilarious to me for some reason. I was doing a pet project, so it wasn't worth the trouble. I just used the behemoth that is Android Studio. (You java people are complicated creatures.)

Obviously your situation is different. It might be convenient to have the same code and language if you were making something bigger. I've never used xcode and (now) I loving hate programming for android, so it also might cut your pain in half.

They sent me a cool t-shirt for free though, albeit in the wrong size...

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I ended up using OpenTK, which is an awesome library. I tend to write programs that are either in-yo-face-4d or cli, so it worked well for my purposes.

• Locked thread