Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose grandma's cuisine shall reign supreme?
This poll is closed.
SnakeParty - A Cous So Nice, They Named It Twice 5 6.94%
darthbob88 - My Grandmother's Ginger Chicken 2 2.78%
Third Murderer - Mostly Stereotypical Puerto Rican Food 9 12.50%
mentos - Great-Grandma said knock you out 11 15.28%
Liquid Communism - Neither Swiss nor Steak 4 5.56%
HUGE PUBES A PLUS - Thanksgiving Stuffing As Enigmatic As My Great-Grandfather 1 1.39%
slinkimalinki - Pick the dead ants out of the cream and lets go shout at the telly 29 40.28%
Thesaurasaurus - Little House in Suburbia 1 1.39%
Happiness Commando - This is not the greatest recipe in the world - this is just a tribute 1 1.39%
contrapants - The Burger Prince 3 4.17%
kinmik - Homogeneous Mess in a Bowl 5 6.94%
GreyPowerVan - Sketti, now with less butter and ketchup! 1 1.39%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Here we are once again, slightly delayed but that's okay because gramma knows we never get anywhere on time anyhow. Cast your votes!

As a reminder, the prizes at stake are:
First Place: A $25 gift certificate to Amazon, Penzey's, or another online retailer of your choice.
Second Place: A $15 gift certificate to Amazon, Penzey's, or another online retailer of your choice.
Third Place: A forums upgrade of your choice.

And of course the Special Chairman's Prize for Most Awesome Ancestor.

The poll will remain open until that nadir of modern American consumerism, Black Friday, is upon us.

bartolimu fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can we vote for our own :smuggo:

Joking, of course.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'd just like to say to all entrants; it's been very nice reading about your grans and gramps and meemaws and boppas, and it's really heartening to see the way food plays a part in remembering loved ones.

You stir the batter like this, you bake the cake as usual.

A very nice round of ICSA.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Just wanted to pop in to congratulate slinkimalinki, who won by a loving landslide, and the other runners up. I loved everybody's entries and can't wait to do another one!

I hope bartolimu didn't get trampled to death during Black Friday. :ohdear:

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Thanks Kinmik! I can't wait to try your corned beef hash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

kinmik posted:

I hope bartolimu didn't get trampled to death during Black Friday. :ohdear:

No, this is just a very busy time of year for me.

As has been said, congratulations to the Champion of ICSA Grandma, slinkimalinki! A well fought battle, convincingly won. In addition, mentos took second place and Third Murderer, suitably enough, took third. I'll be in contact regarding prizes.

The Chairman's Prize for Most Awesomest Ancestor goes to mentos for his astonishingly awesome, legendary great-grandmother. Congratulations to you as well! Maybe this will help make up for some of the hell she put your grandfather through.

Thanks to all of our participants. We had a good turnout this time and I hope this trend continues after the holidays are over when ICSA picks up again.

bartolimu fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 2, 2014

• Locked thread