Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trip Daddy X posted:

probably not because you are gonna send me the sugar free Haribo ones that are like rear end napalm

No man they will be the good ones those ones that are just red, orange, and an amber colour. They are a little bit chewier and they taste a lot better, I don't know what they are called but they are the superior gummi bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mookface posted:

It's dataCENTRE you philistines!

this is America motherfucker

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

gnarlyhotep posted:

how many hours is that, I refuse to do math or think right now

About 16 hours from now. Thanks in advance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yea but you still die in that guy's family's fire so this pleases me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
this thread is exploding with love

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PixieDreamGirl posted:

np, good night sweet pix

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

gnarlyhotep posted:

np, good night sweet pix

Until we meet again my love

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

np, good night sweet pix

Any moment now right?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

kinda hoping he doesnt do it just to gently caress with you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PixieDreamGirl posted:

Any moment now right?

oh sorry, it has to be approved by an admin for anything over 6 hours

I can give you a 6 hour now if you like

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh sorry, it has to be approved by an admin for anything over 6 hours

I can give you a 6 hour now if you like

Nah, I'll wait for the 16hrs. Thanks for the Heads Up.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

PixieDreamGirl posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is some friggin good moderating folks

everybody look here and applaud

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo gnarly it didn't take you very long to grow mad with power

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

nomadologique posted:

this is some friggin good moderating folks

everybody look here and applaud

Strongly disagree, wrong hour count. Pixieposter is just gonna binge hardcore on SA posts 4 hours before deadline.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gnarly obv woulda given him 16 but the SA forums are just too restricting in their hour allotments!

ugh the system bites another perfectly honest poster githr in the rear end

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
mods knew

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Trip Daddy X posted:

So how is everyone today? Do anything fun? We got several inches of snow but it should melt by this weekend!

I'm in the middle of remodeling the downstairs bathroom, the one off the kitchen. I already replaced the tub and put in a tub/shower shell, and I am in the middle of rebuilding the wall around it and mudding the drywall. Day 2 of that, very dusty.

After that we'll paint it, install new bath fan and shower lights, and then I am putting in ceramic tile flooring... I am kind of stressing that part because I have never worked with tile before. I bought a how-to book and it should be fine, but I always sweat a little when starting a project like this when I am completely newb at it.

Thanks for asking.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

GORDON posted:

I'm in the middle of remodeling the downstairs bathroom, the one off the kitchen. I already replaced the tub and put in a tub/shower shell, and I am in the middle of rebuilding the wall around it and mudding the drywall. Day 2 of that, very dusty.

After that we'll paint it, install new bath fan and shower lights, and then I am putting in ceramic tile flooring... I am kind of stressing that part because I have never worked with tile before. I bought a how-to book and it should be fine, but I always sweat a little when starting a project like this when I am completely newb at it.

Thanks for asking.

Gotta replace a tub in my house. How hard of a job was it?

I've done several ceramic tile floors. Make sure the floor is nice and level, and use a good amount of the adhesive. If you lay a tile and you can tap on it and it sounds hollow, you didn't use enough and dropping something on the tile will end up shattering it. Also, inspect your tile before laying it. One case I purchased, almost every single tile was not flat, it bubbled up in the middle. Whole case was garbage.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mookface posted:

Holy poo poo gnarly it didn't take you very long to grow mad with power

you aint seen nothin yet

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Trip Daddy X posted:

Gotta replace a tub in my house. How hard of a job was it?

I was removing a fiberglass tub that someone (me) slipped in and put their knee through the side of. Removing it was easy enough, I just took out my reciprocating saw and cut it in half, removing both halves. After disconnecting the plumbing, of course. Getting TO the plumbing can be a challenge if it is behind a finished wall, mine happened to have an access panel.

The old shower enclosure was literally just some plastic glued to the wall... it was proper-shower stuff, but very cheap. I bought a tub and shell that was built to go together (I bought all the materials for the entire project during a Menard's 11% off sale. Got $300 back, yowza). The length of the new tub was 1 inch longer than the length of the old tub, so I had to move the "floating wall," I called it. It was a cosmetic wall 6 inches out from the proper wall that was built specifically to butt up properly against the old tub. Pulled the 4 nails securing it to floor and ceiling, and I could adjust it as needed without having to rebuild the whole thing. Tub and shell instructions said to put it all directly against the studs, so I had some drywall to remove. Not difficult, but messy. It was my first time doing a tub. but I just followed the directions.

Two days ago I framed in the new drywall (I have done drywall before, so not scary), yesterday I taped the seams and applied the first coat of mud, today I sanded and applied the second coat of mud. This is the dusty phase. I figure probably 2 more mud cycles until i am happy with it.

I will heed your advice about the tiling. Everyone tells my I MUST put cement board down first. I tell them my existing floor is perfectly flat, but they insist. I guess I will cave to the peer pressure.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

GORDON posted:

I was removing a fiberglass tub that someone (me) slipped in and put their knee through the side of. Removing it was easy enough, I just took out my reciprocating saw and cut it in half, removing both halves. After disconnecting the plumbing, of course. Getting TO the plumbing can be a challenge if it is behind a finished wall, mine happened to have an access panel.

The old shower enclosure was literally just some plastic glued to the wall... it was proper-shower stuff, but very cheap. I bought a tub and shell that was built to go together (I bought all the materials for the entire project during a Menard's 11% off sale. Got $300 back, yowza). The length of the new tub was 1 inch longer than the length of the old tub, so I had to move the "floating wall," I called it. It was a cosmetic wall 6 inches out from the proper wall that was built specifically to butt up properly against the old tub. Pulled the 4 nails securing it to floor and ceiling, and I could adjust it as needed without having to rebuild the whole thing. Tub and shell instructions said to put it all directly against the studs, so I had some drywall to remove. Not difficult, but messy. It was my first time doing a tub. but I just followed the directions.

Two days ago I framed in the new drywall (I have done drywall before, so not scary), yesterday I taped the seams and applied the first coat of mud, today I sanded and applied the second coat of mud. This is the dusty phase. I figure probably 2 more mud cycles until i am happy with it.

I will heed your advice about the tiling. Everyone tells my I MUST put cement board down first. I tell them my existing floor is perfectly flat, but they insist. I guess I will cave to the peer pressure.

What is the existing floor? If it's cement or existing tile, then don't bother with the cement board If it's something flexible, then yes, put down cement board. The first tiling I ever did was on subfloor in my front entryway. Eventually due to the floor flexing from constantly being walked on, all of the grout cracked and broke apart. I tore everything up, laid cement board, no issues after that.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
starwarsbetamax is dead, and like lincoln, before we could see his vision for rebuilding the forums/south come to fruition, and instead we now have gnarly/andrew johnson.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Trip Daddy X posted:

What is the existing floor? If it's cement or existing tile, then don't bother with the cement board If it's something flexible, then yes, put down cement board. The first tiling I ever did was on subfloor in my front entryway. Eventually due to the floor flexing from constantly being walked on, all of the grout cracked and broke apart. I tore everything up, laid cement board, no issues after that.

Existing floor is 3/4" plywood over 1/2" floorboards on floor joists 8 or 12" on center (probably 8", I think new joists were installed between existing joists some time in the past. Pretty old house, lots of remodelings over the years). Very solid, no flexing. I want flexing? I don't even know. There is 12" linoleum tile currently on the floor, the flooring guy at Menard's said I could lay cement board right on top of it, so I have that going for me.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

GORDON posted:

Existing floor is 3/4" plywood over 1/2" floorboards on floor joists 8 or 12" on center (probably 8", I think new joists were installed between existing joists some time in the past. Pretty old house, lots of remodelings over the years). Very solid, no flexing. I want flexing? I don't even know. There is 12" linoleum tile currently on the floor, the flooring guy at Menard's said I could lay cement board right on top of it, so I have that going for me.

No you don't want flexing. Flexing is the enemy. You can add the backer board over the linoleum, that's no problem. But yeah, unless you are on cement or existing ceramic, you'll need backer board. All you have to do is screw it down, though, so it is easy. It cuts with a normal utility knife.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trip Daddy X posted:

No you don't want flexing. Flexing is the enemy. You can add the backer board over the linoleum, that's no problem. But yeah, unless you are on cement or existing ceramic, you'll need backer board. All you have to do is screw it down, though, so it is easy. It cuts with a normal utility knife.

Don't cheap out either get hardiebacker

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Word, and word.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Mad Archivist posted:

starwarsbetamax is dead, and like lincoln, before we could see his vision for rebuilding the forums/south come to fruition, and instead we now have gnarly/andrew johnson.

we got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

we got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand

gnarly tried to do his best but he could not

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Trip Daddy X posted:

of fighting, making fun of people, and just being mean in general.

this isn't the forum starwar beta max had envisioned.

So this thread is just for chilling and making new friends.

So how is everyone today? Do anything fun? We got several inches of snow but it should melt by this weekend!

im a gay op

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hi. i'm new but I like laughs!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

paranoid randroid posted:

gnarly tried to do his best but he could not

look at my life, I'm a lot like you

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

we are all one big dysfunctional family

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
*looks at all the pansies in this thread*

*pushes the op over*

ok im taking over this thread suck my dilz

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dads a mall cop posted:

hi. i'm new but I like laughs!

welcome, we can use some enthsuaiasm like this

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Everybody's going out
And having fun
I'm a fool for stayin' home
And having none

-a goon

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Got mashed potatoes
Ain't got no t-bone

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
welcome back, Pixie :)

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

howdy partners, i'm here to rustle me up some quality conversation

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
There really is a LOT of threadshitting lately, half the time the first reply is someone just posting :gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

welcome back, Pixie :)

It's good to be back! That was the most productive probation ever. Thank you.

• Locked thread