Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

SEC teams play their FCS cupcakes (or Vanderbilt I guess?), so you get barnburners like Oregon-Colorado, Baylor-Oklahoma State, and Ohio State-Indiana.

Oh and I guess the Pac-12 South's got some cool games.

Also, here's why college football is awesome.

siriuslysomething posted:

Hello. To interrupt this inter-conference arguing going on I would just like to remind everyone that the Northwestern Wildcats Football team beat Notre Dame this past Saturday. And it was the best.

Now that I have had a couple of days to fully process the experience I actually would like to share a few more thoughts. First of all, as much as I hate Notre Dame, they have a beautiful campus and the gameday experience there was incredibly fun. It was one of those things that made me really excited about being a college football fan and as I have previously stated my first ever game was there because my cousin went there when I was little. I found myself begrudgingly enjoying all the aspects of it including the stupid Irish poo poo the band played (but their fight song still sounds like "Here Comes Santa Claus" and therefore sucks). The guys behind me were asking Touchdown Jesus for favors all game which was really funny.

I also think it is sad that NBC did not show the Northwestern fans at all. I understand that they are Notre Dame's network, everyone loves looking at despondent fans, and we were up pretty high an might not have been well lit. However, pretty much every big play/call for the last quarter caused complete pandemonium in the visiting student section. After the game winning field goal went in, me and about thirty strangers just started screaming and running around our section giving hi-fives and essentially tackling each other. After about 3 minutes of that we realized that the team was going to run over to the band (as I started shouting because they always go over to the largest section of fans) and started streaming down the stands to get the best view. I have to imagine that would be a cool visual. Also, I am proud of our fans because you could hear us echoing around the stadiums at times and on TV. One ND fan commented to me "You can't fill your loving stadium but you came here in droves".

Finally, for those of you who were in the gameday thread you might have seen my all caps ravings. My two friends and I were basically running/skipping around campus intermittently yelling "I don't know how to feel! We don't win games like this!". While we were eating dinner with our host from Notre Dame (who was really nice and tolerated all of our poo poo talking quite well) he was just looking at me and said "you look like you want to be happy but don't know how to." to which I responded that I didn't know how to do it.

I'm excited I'll be able to tell this story and watch this game in the future and remember it. I am mostly excited because I might be moving to the West Coast next year so this might be my first and last year as a season ticket holder/able to travel to cool away games for Northwestern.

Preparing myself for the crash back to reality when we lose to Purdue this week

Watch as your team eats it trying to climb the stairs, other teams eat a cupcake (some cupcakier than others), and the Pac-12 South eats itself.

CaptainYesterday posted:

All times Eastern.

THURSDAY
Now: No. 12 Kansas State @ West Virginia - Fox Sports 1
Now: North Carolina @ Duke - ESPN
8:30PM Arkansas State @ Texas State - ESPNU

FRIDAY
1PM Kent State @ Buffalo - ???
8PM UTEP @ Rice - Fox Sports 1
9:30PM Air Force @ San Diego State - CBS Sports Network
9:30PM San Jose State @ Utah State - ESPN2

SATURDAY TOP 25
12PM Indiana @ No. 6 Ohio State - BTN
12PM Charleston Southern @ No. 10 Georgia - SEC Network
12PM Rutgers @ No. 11 Michigan State - BTN
12PM Kansas @ No. 21 Oklahoma - Fox Sports 1
12PM No. 25 Minnesota @ No. 23 Nebraska - ESPN
1PM Washington State @ No. 13 Arizona State - Pac-12 Network
3:30PM Boston College @ No. 3 Florida State - ABC/ESPN2
3:30PM No. 8 Ole Miss @ Arkansas - CBS
3:30PM No. 15 Arizona @ No. 17 Utah - ESPN
3:30PM No. 16 Wisconsin @ Iowa - ABC/ESPN2
3:30PM Georgia State @ Clemson - SportSouth/ESPN3
3:30PM No. 24 Louisville @ Notre Dame - NBC
4PM Western Carolina @ No. 1 Alabama - SEC Network
4:30PM Colorado @ No. 2 Oregon - Pac-12 Network
7PM Samford @ No. 14 Auburn - ESPNU
7:30PM Vanderbilt @ No. 4 Mississippi State - SEC Network
7:30PM Oklahoma State @ No. 7 Baylor - Fox
7:30PM No. 20 Missouri @ Tennessee - ESPN
8PM No. 19 Southern California @ UCLA - ABC

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Let's go Tar Heels. Fulfill our destiny. Send GT to the ACCCG!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Good games for tonight.

Pakled posted:

Let's go Tar Heels. Fulfill our destiny. Send GT to the ACCCG!

truth.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Go Heels, gently caress Duke.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Welll, the camera in Duke/UNC is absolute poo poo so far.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
All times Eastern.

THURSDAY
Now: No. 12 Kansas State @ West Virginia - Fox Sports 1
Now: North Carolina @ Duke - ESPN
9:30PM Arkansas State @ Texas State - ESPNU

FRIDAY
1PM Kent State @ Buffalo - ???
8PM UTEP @ Rice - Fox Sports 1
9:30PM Air Force @ San Diego State - CBS Sports Network
9:30PM San Jose State @ Utah State - ESPN2

SATURDAY TOP 25
12PM Indiana @ No. 6 Ohio State - BTN
12PM Charleston Southern @ No. 10 Georgia - SEC Network
12PM Rutgers @ No. 11 Michigan State - BTN
12PM Kansas @ No. 21 Oklahoma - Fox Sports 1
12PM No. 25 Minnesota @ No. 23 Nebraska - ESPN
1PM Washington State @ No. 13 Arizona State - Pac-12 Network
3:30PM Boston College @ No. 3 Florida State - ABC/ESPN2
3:30PM No. 8 Ole Miss @ Arkansas - CBS
3:30PM No. 15 Arizona @ No. 17 Utah - ESPN
3:30PM No. 16 Wisconsin @ Iowa - ABC/ESPN2
3:30PM Georgia State @ No. 22 Clemson - SportSouth/ESPN3
3:30PM No. 24 Louisville @ Notre Dame - NBC
4PM Western Carolina @ No. 1 Alabama - SEC Network
4:30PM Colorado @ No. 2 Oregon - Pac-12 Network
7PM Samford @ No. 14 Auburn - ESPNU
7:30PM Vanderbilt @ No. 4 Mississippi State - SEC Network
7:30PM Oklahoma State @ No. 7 Baylor - Fox
7:30PM No. 20 Missouri @ Tennessee - ESPN
8PM No. 19 Southern California @ UCLA - ABC

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 21, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
KSU-West Virginia is pretty dull so far, although this KSU drive is fun.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
UNC, you're breaking my heart. :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

For a good team that wants to run the football, KSU isn't very good at it this year.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Oh hey I'm in the OP. Neat!

Who should I be rooting for in this game (WVU vs KSU)? I am currently just rooting for a good game (which seems to be the case so far), but is there any real reason to care for one team over the other?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That is some weak-rear end DPI.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good god that's a loving hit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ya had it, KSU. Ya had it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spiritus Nox posted:

For a good team that wants to run the football, KSU isn't very good at it this year.

Isn't their (sort of) good running back pretty beat up/maybe out?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Out of Kansas State vs West Virgina, which team winning gives TCU the best chance of NOT making the playoff?

Because I will root for that team.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Numlock posted:

Out of Kansas State vs West Virgina, which team winning gives TCU the best chance of NOT making the playoff?

West Virginia

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Isn't their (sort of) good running back pretty beat up/maybe out?

I...don't think so? Jones has been their guy all year, right?

Numlock posted:

TCU is getting passed up by Baylor either way. If KSU loses that might shut the Big 12 out entirely though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--You might be right, I knew he had something earlier in the season but haven't really been paying any attention at all tonight because I'm about to watch an absolutely terrible NFL game.

I....guess K State? WVU winning makes Baylor's loss less bad, but they need K-State to look good so it gives them a bump for beating them later on.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Numlock posted:

K-State losing will take away TCU's only quality win while not making their win against WVU look all that good. Meanwhile, it makes Baylor's loss look better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
North Carolina's duds are pretty sweet. Digging the blue chrome.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Duke football fans are Duke basketball fans.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
UNC draws first blood.

It's happening.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

K-State losing will take away TCU's only quality win while not making their win against WVU look all that good. Meanwhile, it makes Baylor's loss look better.

That also spoils Baylor's chance at a big win later, though - we're probably not topping both tOSU and MSU without help as it is, but we're definitely not doing it without help if we can't at least have a big game with KSU in a few weeks.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
gently caress yeah UNC do it big

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pakled posted:

K-State would still be ranked with a loss here, I think. Just not very highly.

When I looked last week there were only three schools (Duke, Notre Dame, Iowa) with a 7-3 or better record that weren't ranked. The last 5 or so spots are pretty "meh"

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
yesssssssssssssssssssss

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Heels, bitch!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

siriuslysomething posted:

Oh hey I'm in the OP. Neat!

Who should I be rooting for in this game (WVU vs KSU)? I am currently just rooting for a good game (which seems to be the case so far), but is there any real reason to care for one team over the other?

Do you want to see TCU or Baylor in the playoffs or Ohio State? KSU winning keeps the Big XII in the picture (though outside looking in) while KSU losing may weaken the conference's chances on the whole.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Pakled posted:

Heels, bitch!

All the wins

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Hey that D-Lineman did the celebration I've watched two players tear their ACLs doing this year. I'm glad he's ok. Also, nice kick.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
This game owns

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

kayakyakr posted:

Do you want to see TCU or Baylor in the playoffs or Ohio State? KSU winning keeps the Big XII in the picture (though outside looking in) while KSU losing may weaken the conference's chances on the whole.

I kind of don't care to be honest. I like the Big 12 well enough though and am already trained to root for purple wildcats so I guess I'll root for KSU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kayakyakr posted:

It just hit me that K State is still in the picture for the Big 12 championship. That would be pretty hilarious and absolutely awful for the Big 12.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Uh oh. That ain't great for KSU.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress :stare:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT?!??

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy

gently caress

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

What the hell did I just see

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
what the gently caress just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
That was amazing. Holy poo poo I want it to stand so bad.

• Locked thread