Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Grittybeard posted:

Sounds like K-State had it first and did absolutely nothing on the field for 70 years or so. Who knows about Willie though.

Yeah, seems right. I remember seeing a taxidermied "Touchdown" bobcat (I'm guessing the first one but no idea really) in the alumni center. Really didn't instill the sense of history and tradition in me that it's probably supposed to.

Matey fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought every Bevo got eaten?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Deteriorata posted:

I was adding additional information about the source of KSU's Wildcat nickname. They first used it in 1915, from coach John Bender.

Ah, I see.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Georgia tech is 11 pts from being undefeated, and they boat raced every team they played since their duke loss.

This could suck pretty bad for us. Hope UGA wears them the hell out.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pakled posted:

The early history of live mascots is so funny to me.

Not to mention how they ate the first Bevo.

Michigan tried parading a couple live wolverines around the stadium in 1927. It did not go well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biff,_the_Michigan_Wolverine

quote:

The University of Michigan Athletic Department reports that Biff and Bennie “grew larger and more ferocious,” leading Yost to conclude, "It was obvious that the Michigan mascots had designs on the Michigan men toting them, and those designs were by no means friendly."[1] Accordingly, the practice of bringing Biff and Bennie into the stadium ended after just one season. One of the Wolverines, Biff, was put in a cage at the University of Michigan Zoo.[1]

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Guys, K-State just beat West Virginia with exactly one rushing yard.

One yard.

One loving yard.

How is this team so bad at rushing?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Strobe posted:

Guys, K-State just beat West Virginia with exactly one rushing yard.

One yard.

One loving yard.

How is this team so bad at rushing?

It must be driving Bill Snyder out of his loving mind, having an offense that's Waters, Lockett, Sexton, and very little else. It's anti-snyderball.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Spiritus Nox posted:

It must be driving Bill Snyder out of his loving mind, having an offense that's Waters, Lockett, Sexton, and very little else. It's anti-snyderball.

It really is. Literally the exact opposite of how he likes to play ball.

At least Waters, Lockett, and Sexton are all really good.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
my dog is pretty pumped about the win

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Strobe posted:

It really is. Literally the exact opposite of how he likes to play ball.

At least Waters, Lockett, and Sexton are all really good.

Ehhhhh I dunno if Waters is that good. He's certainly not bad, but I'd take at least 3 Big 12 QBs over him. Now, Lockett is a beastly man who beasts all over men, and Sexton has been pretty good too.

Gotta say that this was probably Baylor's best-case scenario. KSU wins and thus could be in for a top 10 matchup vs Baylor in Waco, WVU shows up, keeps it respectable. WVU's worst loss is probably an improving Texas squad in Austin. Considering that they were 4-8 a year ago, Holgerson's done a hell of a job with this unit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Is it foolish to say I think we have a chance against FSU?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

Honestly, who hasn't had a chance against FSU this year?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Georgia Tech over Georgia and FSU. Georgia wins the SEC. Georgia Tech enters the playoffs.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thoguh posted:

Georgia Tech over Georgia and FSU. Georgia wins the SEC. Georgia Tech enters the playoffs.

:fap:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
This gif is always great. Where is it from?

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
http://youtu.be/vWpeRUc6WOA?t=26s

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

This gif is always great. Where is it from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvoT4GCE_xU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thoguh posted:

If anyone's going to injure Chubb and take Georgia completely out of the running it'll be GT

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ehhhhh I dunno if Waters is that good. He's certainly not bad, but I'd take at least 3 Big 12 QBs over him. Now, Lockett is a beastly man who beasts all over men, and Sexton has been pretty good too.

Gotta say that this was probably Baylor's best-case scenario. KSU wins and thus could be in for a top 10 matchup vs Baylor in Waco, WVU shows up, keeps it respectable. WVU's worst loss is probably an improving Texas squad in Austin. Considering that they were 4-8 a year ago, Holgerson's done a hell of a job with this unit.

I tend to agree, but on the otherhand, we're so much better than 6-5, talent wise. Still if we can finish 8-5 and win a bowl game vs an SEC team, then its peaches.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I tend to agree, but on the otherhand, we're so much better than 6-5, talent wise. Still if we can finish 8-5 and win a bowl game vs an SEC team, then its peaches.

In another year I'd agree. This year, with two P5 non-con games (one of whom was Alabama) plus how close they came to taking down both TCU and KSU, I don't think 6-5 is that bad - UT was the only really disappointing game if I'm a WVU fan, IMO.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Spiritus Nox posted:

In another year I'd agree. This year, with two P5 non-con games (one of whom was Alabama) plus how close they came to taking down both TCU and KSU, I don't think 6-5 is that bad - UT was the only really disappointing game if I'm a WVU fan, IMO.

If it were just this year, maybe? But when you've had three straight season where you're losing close games doing stupid, stupid poo poo (we literally lost like 4 games in 2012 in the last 2 minutes) that feels at least partially coaching it's hard to ignore the way in which we've gotten to 6-5.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If it were just this year, maybe? But when you've had three straight season where you're losing close games doing stupid, stupid poo poo (we literally lost like 4 games in 2012 in the last 2 minutes) that feels at least partially coaching it's hard to ignore the way in which we've gotten to 6-5.

Fair point.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Holy toledo there's late night football on espnu. Ark St-Tex St is in the 3rd quarter at midnight :eyepop:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Quest For Glory II posted:

Holy toledo there's late night football on espnu. Ark St-Tex St is in the 3rd quarter at midnight :eyepop:

Tyler Football :frogc00l:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

We give up the most points off of turnovers in the nation. GT has the highest points off of turnovers in the nation. Plus youze guyz are the epitome of ball control so you're the exact kind of team we can't start slow against.

It really bodes very poorly for FSU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This Rice-UTEP game has been something, I guess.

241 yards of offense in the first half, both teams combined.

CUSA is Ant-Maction.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
lmao SJSU's coach owns. Just yelled "gently caress you sons of bitches" at Utah State's bench after they were flagged for using a late d-line shift to try and draw a false start.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ah yes, the Double Reverse Arm Punt, what a play

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice takes a personal foul penalty with 7 seconds left, up 18 points with the ball. Student section and/or band striking up the "It Just Doesn't Matter" chant.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida will lose to EKU today.

Gonna be hilarious.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wow the line is even :stare:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Why wait until 9

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Early favorite @CollegeGameDay sign from Harvard-Yale: "Nobody from the SEC can read this"

e:

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 22, 2014

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Vertical Lime posted:

Why wait until 9

Early favorite @CollegeGameDay sign from Harvard-Yale: "Nobody from the SEC can read this"

poo poo talk from legacy admissions :rolleyes:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Vertical Lime posted:

Why wait until 9

e:

the best sport

e:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm disappointed that the majority of signs aren't in Latin...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jameis got into Stanford too. :unsmith:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kansas-Oklahoma has been delayed 90 minutes due to lightning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The "___ can't read this" signs are dumb, unfunny, and unoriginal. They're out there seriously every week.

• Locked thread