Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I've never worked a salaried position without overtime, but the thought of working extra without an immediate measurable compensation increase would be really depressing. Since union participation has gone down quite a significant amount over the years, I'm sure that correlates with the increase in salaried exempt positions. It may not be all bad though, and I know this is completely anecdotal, but all my friends that work in salaried professional positions make far more money than I do working hourly with overtime in the public sector. And on top of that most of them get bonuses at the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread