Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I will never accept an FTE position again in IT if it is salaried and overtime is expected, especially if you have to work on-call. I have seen so, so many people get their time off work seriously abused because of a loving pager, especially in healthcare IT where everything is an emergency and has to be fixed right away.

I am so happy as a consultant. I am not allowed to work overtime (we used to be the ones that would work the really long command center shifts during implementations, but that stopped really quick once they did the math on our collective overtime payments) and I don't get health benefits or vacation, but as soon as I hit my daily hours I close my laptop lid with a smile and do whatever the gently caress I want without having to deal with getting paged every hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread