Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoxSquad
Jun 17, 2005

To Vex a Stranger posted:

I don't know, we employ a couple hundred thousand people, but it's always super sketchy and the projects I've been on you are expected in before the client, and to stay until way after the client leaves. First person that gets up to go before 8 pm gets looked at like he is an rear end in a top hat.

Sometimes we don't bill for the hours we work, sometimes we do, but we always only get our salaries. Bonuses at the end of the year are based almost entirely upon if your manager likes you or not, and the entire culture revolves around loving everyone else over to look better than them so you can get a promotion and then quit to go to a different company.

Incredibly odd culture to me.

This sounds awfully similar to public accounting. Actually it's exactly the same culture especially since the public accounting firms often have a consulting arm as well. Worse yet, there's no shortage of new grads willing to give their left nut to work there because of the value of having those firms name on your resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread