Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Like in Russia or China (The Great Leap Forward) or all of Obama's presidency in which they worshipped him as some sort of deity?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Open your mouth and take the presidents dick OP. take all of it

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

because most ppl are dumber than a bag of hammers and so democracy is a joke

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Gas. Ban. Gas-ban.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Millions of Crows posted:

Gas. Ban. Gas-ban.

this is totalitarian you retarded leftist noob

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why wont these cocks stop flying into my mouth gahrhaghgaghgahgwgha

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the left tend to be bullshitting poors and college students who cannot make enough money by themselves to support themselves/their families, and the Democrats tend to say that they will help them more convincingly than Republicans

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
all the electorate is prone to wanting a cure-all demi-god leader that will fix everything, as has been the case throughout human history and will continue to be the case

both sides are stupid because they think voting and the electoral system means anything in the long term, it doesnt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

America needs a monarchy tbh

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
We could probably replace all 3 branches of the government with 3 magic 8 balls and do as good or better.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Hexel posted:

America needs a monarchy tbh

why would we need a formalized monarchy when we have an oligarchic republic

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lol if you think obama's a leftist

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

why wont these cocks stop flying into my mouth gahrhaghgaghgahgwgha

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ironically the left are the sheep while the right are the goats.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It's something extremists do because they think they're absolutely right. They're the heroes who can do no wrong in their minds.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
mayhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
No, the answer is bowing down to me.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

burritolingus posted:

No, the answer is bowing down to me.

right, when you "accidentally" have your cock out? not falling for that again

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

:obama:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i actually covered this a while back op

it's the dark secret of governance that benevolent dictatorship is better by far than a democratic republic, but the benevolent part is really really hard

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Gay Roads posted:

Can't believe you fell for it over a dozen times. I learned after 9 times.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Gay Roads posted:

"Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - can't get fooled again." - President Barack HUSSEIN Obama

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
'community organizer' what kind of resume is that to become a president?

WAKE UP PEOPLE

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 21, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its because leftists are easier to take advantage of, whereas right wingers will kill their own children for daring to sneak into the kitchen at the wrong hour, op

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Protagonist posted:

i actually covered this a while back op

it's the dark secret of governance that benevolent dictatorship is better by far than a democratic republic, but the benevolent part is really really hard

thats like finding someone who enjoys doing a little heroin 2-5 times a year on the weekends

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gay Roads posted:

mayhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle

It does.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

just like on family guy!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gay Roads posted:

just like on family guy!

:xd:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

community based economics is the future

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I HATE FAMILY GUY SO loving MUCH

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
jk i don't care.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
As an alcoholic burnout I'm against whatever my dad thinks is good for the country.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I dunno op my sister and brother in law are both firmly middle class and live in a very expensive area and have a lot of expenses (e.g. kids) and are both very Right leaning because they hate poor people with a vengeance for some reason... I'm pretty sure that they would be okay with a far Right dictator if he used a combination of "responsibility", "personal choices", "freedom", and "lower taxes".

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Here's the real answer op. And I don't care if you weren't seriously interested because I'm going to lay down a fundamental, basic truth on you right now.

Politics boil down to your personality type. And when you get down to it, there's really two types of people---a lot of permutations within those two broad archetypes sure, but basically you have two types of people. People who, presented with the madness of society around them, decide to look inwards and strive to make something of themselves of their own terms, and then people who want to feel validated by that outer maelstrom of society. The latter type are leftists.

Leftists are people who look to their left, and look to their right, and try to make sure they're in lockstep with people around them. It's why all these skinnyfat pussy urbanite hipster motherfuckers have the same glasses and the same beard: there's no grand leftist authority telling these people how to dress, how to talk, what talking points to hit, they just naturally do that. Because, essentially, they're herd followers. It's no coincidence the more built-up an urban area you enter, you're going to see people taking an increasingly leftist standpoint. The people who survive in an area of dense population are the people who, by nature or by learning, get the feel of the crowd and follow it. Contrariwise, you head out of the city, you see all kinds of people. Methheads, burnouts, sure, but also people who own their own land or their own business in increasing number, people who as best as they can manage, want to live on their own terms. And not coincidentally, these are the areas where the population skews more conservative. You can bring all kinds of demographics into it, but at the end of the day, you've got safety in numbers versus striking it out on your own. That's the real leftist--conservative divide in this country.

For more information check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq5vRKiQlUQ

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Professor Shark posted:

I dunno op my sister and brother in law are both firmly middle class and live in a very expensive area and have a lot of expenses (e.g. kids) and are both very Right leaning because they hate poor people with a vengeance for some reason... I'm pretty sure that they would be okay with a far Right dictator if he used a combination of "responsibility", "personal choices", "freedom", and "lower taxes".

doesn't sound like a dictator really, he just wants people to live their lives in Freedom unlike you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm not a racist but if you have black jeans and a beard I actually hate you and wish for your real death, in real life

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

Here's the real answer op. And I don't care if you weren't seriously interested because I'm going to lay down a fundamental, basic truth on you right now.

Politics boil down to your personality type. And when you get down to it, there's really two types of people---a lot of permutations within those two broad archetypes sure, but basically you have two types of people. People who, presented with the madness of society around them, decide to look inwards and strive to make something of themselves of their own terms, and then people who want to feel validated by that outer maelstrom of society. The latter type are leftists.

Leftists are people who look to their left, and look to their right, and try to make sure they're in lockstep with people around them. It's why all these skinnyfat pussy urbanite hipster motherfuckers have the same glasses and the same beard: there's no grand leftist authority telling these people how to dress, how to talk, what talking points to hit, they just naturally do that. Because, essentially, they're herd followers. It's no coincidence the more built-up an urban area you enter, you're going to see people taking an increasingly leftist standpoint. The people who survive in an area of dense population are the people who, by nature or by learning, get the feel of the crowd and follow it. Contrariwise, you head out of the city, you see all kinds of people. Methheads, burnouts, sure, but also people who own their own land or their own business in increasing number, people who as best as they can manage, want to live on their own terms. And not coincidentally, these are the areas where the population skews more conservative. You can bring all kinds of demographics into it, but at the end of the day, you've got safety in numbers versus striking it out on your own. That's the real leftist--conservative divide in this country.

lmao hes getting $10k a month on patreon

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Harime Nui posted:

Alternatively, people in urban areas and the more educated are exposed to different types of people and cultures and begin to develop an urge to "share", rather than the rural folk who only see their family and 2-3 neighbors and distrust anyone else and can't see (literally and figuratively) past the horizon.

Edit: This would be for countries that aren't the US, where there actually isn't a Left option

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

it's because when a leftist is democratically elected the cia murders them so the only ones that survive to actually rule their country are the authoritarians who can take total control of their country

• Locked thread