Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
wicked.

apparently they killed a guy by firing squad as recently as 2010. wicked again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Utah? I hardly know her.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dragging the prisoner behind a pick-up truck is a proven method thats far more enjoyable to the community
or is utah soft on crime and not wanting prisoners to give something back?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

given how incompetent prison officials are at administering lethal injection drugs, shooting people would probably be a lot easier

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
better than lethal injection tbf

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

given how incompetent prison officials are at administering lethal injection drugs, shooting people would probably be a lot easier

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

they're gonna use poison blow darts? sick

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gay Roads posted:

they're gonna use poison blow darts? sick
nah thats a urine funnel

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
If they're gonna do it, they should do it right. Lethal injection is poo poo.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

imo getting exploded by dynamite would be the fastest least painful way to go

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Ghaz posted:

imo getting exploded by dynamite would be the fastest least painful way to go

most metal too

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Looks like they found a use for the ammunition they started stockpiling in late 2008

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nrook posted:

better than lethal injection tbf

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
How so you gently caress up a lethal injection. Wouldn't you just overdose the dude on medical grade heroin and call it a day?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

the two most humane ways of offing someone are the guillotine and the firing squad (and noble gas poisoning but thats pricey i think) but they gruesome so instead these nutbags devise things that look less painful but aren't.

yep :shepface:

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 21, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Put a slug in your head, or make your entire body feel like it's on fire from gas/injection......

Nah, let's bring back the ancient aztec tradition of pulling out their still beating heart.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
captive bolt pistol

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
A cylinder of N2 can be gotten dirt cheap, not sure what's wrong with that unless it would be too painless and easy on the poor bastards. I would take execution by firing squad given the choice, as long as I could have the traditional cigarette and blindfold and be shot to rags by troops in full dress uniform and shakos against a grungy pockmarked brick wall in the desert wearing five days of photogenic stubble and white Mexican peasant garb while dramatic spaghetti western music plays.

edit: ^^^^yeah that's the poo poo right there

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
this is awesome and good and i have no problem with it. a way better way than being put down like some sort of animal with barbiturates.

what if people start commiting more crimes just so they can get this sort of punishment? im just asking questions here

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

de_dust posted:

this is awesome and good and i have no problem with it. a way better way than being put down like some sort of animal with barbiturates.

what if people start commiting more crimes just so they can get this sort of punishment? im just asking questions here
they don't use barbiturates because it's too humane, believe it or not. it is trivial and pleasant to die from benzos + opiates or even just a tent full of nitrogen (I assume every goon knows this but it's co2 buildup that hurts, not lack of oxygen) but politicians are universally like "what and leave this earth without suffering?! how do we make them suffer first???" even if they don't want to admit it. sort of like the way republicans are only republicans because they want to preserve family values and and... nig... n-nig... friend of the family! there's a friend of the family in the white house!!! get him out!

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The lethal injection is a perfect example of science causing more problems than it solves. In an effort to make capital punishment more humane, they came up with the lethal injection. But the lethal injection isn't more humane; it's horrible. But it's more sanitary. Less spectacular. And that's what it was really made for because those science's biases. The firing squad, while perfectly effective, was too gruesome and dramatic. People didn't like it. So it was up to science to create something people would accept. People don't care that the lethal injection is actually more horrible than the firing squad; they care only that it's less archaic-looking and ritualistic-looking. In the age of rational nihilism that we live in, we despise rituals in favor of "processes" and "procedures." But as the story of the lethal injection shows us, there may have been something to those musty old rituals of yesteryear.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

The lethal injection is a perfect example of science causing more problems than it solves. In an effort to make capital punishment more humane, they came up with the lethal injection. But the lethal injection isn't more humane; it's horrible. But it's more sanitary. Less spectacular. And that's what it was really made for because those science's biases. The firing squad, while perfectly effective, was too gruesome and dramatic. People didn't like it. So it was up to science to create something people would accept. People don't care that the lethal injection is actually more horrible than the firing squad; they care only that it's less archaic-looking and ritualistic-looking. In the age of rational nihilism that we live in, we despise rituals in favor of "processes" and "procedures." But as the story of the lethal injection shows us, there may have been something to those musty old rituals of yesteryear.

plus it'll be balls to watch them blow some pot dealer's head to bits

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I reckon we should have death row rumble, where 30 randomly selected contestants (of both male and female gender, gotta make it fair) fight it out to the death, with the winner having his sentence downgraded to parole in 5 years time.

Not only do we get rid of some of the people in the system, thereby freeing up space for the next batch, but whichever scrub that wins will really feel like they've achieved something worthwhile in their lives apart from being a drain on society.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why not bring back hanging? If done properly, your neck snaps and you're out of it pretty much instantly.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
violent decapitations ARE pretty awesome

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

why bother with a squad one guy can do it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Volcott posted:

Why not bring back hanging? If done properly, your neck snaps and you're out of it pretty much instantly.

seems like it would be a bit more of an issue these days with so many fat fucks around

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
They do squads so no one knows who kills the guy, I assume they do this so can they think that anyone who volunteers to be part of a squad is only 99% human garbage who just wants to commit legal murder as opposed to 100% if they go solo.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

captive bolt pistol

Anton here knows what's up.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

why not make the firing squad a hundred men and load all the guns so the guilt is distributed among all of them instead of having one guy know he killed him because his gun kicked and all the others sneezed

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Haha you think any of them feel guilt.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

put a tent up around the guy being executed like a horse at the kentucky derby and have anyone who wants to shoot a few rounds into the tent

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It doesn't matter if the firing squad consists of 5 people or 10 people or 100 people because the real firing squad is all of us who allowed it to happen.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Space Jam posted:

why not make the firing squad a hundred men and load all the guns so the guilt is distributed among all of them instead of having one guy know he killed him because his gun kicked and all the others sneezed

Why not make everyone including the prisoner have a loaded uzi, one man survives and walks away.

televise it, live on ppv, it's PENITENTIARY PAYBACK V LIVE ON HBO

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
yeah like 4 guys shoot blanks and only one guy fires a real bullet

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

if he survives the first volley do they do a bayonet charge

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I bet a great way to get your adrenaline going while also getting paid would be to be part of one of those ten man firing squads and aim at your own dick to tempt fate.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Punch Card posted:

I bet a great way to get your adrenaline going while also getting paid would be to be part of one of those ten man firing squads and aim at your own dick to tempt fate.

you can also do this in many russian bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

even before the recent high profile fuckups why would anyone alive have chosen to die by lethal injection over getting shot by 6-10 high calibre rifles at once if given the choice

even when LI goes perfectly it's still an insidious and drawn out affair compared to just eating some quick bullets

• Locked thread