Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I love the computer. I've loved it ever since they came out with them. I love to be online, where everything's happening all the time. Everything's totally logical. If it doesn't work, there's a reason for it. You've got your browser staring right at you in the middle of the screen. You've got the time in the corner, in case you want to know the time. And since they figured out how to put tabs in the browser, I've been a tab maniac with all sorts of tabs open at once. It's all here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Agreed, and I am severely autistic.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
All of my tabs are wikipedia entries for various train cabooses.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

When I'm off the computer, the disconnection is palpable to me. I think my social problems stem from not being able to deal with people the way I deal with the computer. If something is a huge fail on the computer, you can just X it out. But in real life, you can't do this. You have to deal with what's going on right in front of you without hot keys. That's why I think the computer is sort of bad in ways because if you get too used to being empowered as a user, you forget how to deal with real things.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I am sorry to hear about youre social problem OP. I am here for you, in case you want to engage in an internet chat, about the problem.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Here's the problem. If you want to make a request on the computer, you just have to punch it in the keyboard without any need for any sort of social grace or normal affect. In real life, if I go up to a service person I have to do the whole "I'm cool" thing where I say idiot things like "Good morning" (means nothing) and "How are you?" (nobody cares). You don't have to say those things to the computer, and that's why when after a long day of being in the real world, it's great to get back in front of the screen again.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Don't keep lots of tabs open instead I have thousands of favourites. When I open the favourites bar it lags heaps.

Also the best thing the personal computer has done for me is enhance my masturbating experience. That's why I call it the cumputer lol.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

krampster2 posted:

Don't keep lots of tabs open instead I have thousands of favourites. When I open the favourites bar it lags heaps.

Also the best thing the personal computer has done for me is enhance my masturbating experience. That's why I call it the cumputer lol.
Oh yeah, the computer is a freaking godsend to masturbators.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I drink whiskey when i can i drink it out of an old tin can i hope this is of some help to you op.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Times flies when you're having fun, and you can have a lot of fun on the computer.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

And when you're done, just close it up.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i love compouter

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i cant close up my computer, heh, i use a little something aclled a desktop pc, maybe youve heard of it.......

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

lonesomedwarf posted:

i cant close up my computer, heh, i use a little something aclled a desktop pc, maybe youve heard of it.......
Are you a bee or a wasp?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

africanised bee

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
heh. just some funny computer jokes for you. computer guys will get these.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Hey OP, I'm a computer!

Stop all the downloadin!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
subservient brides from overseas

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
When you're alone, and life is making you lonely
You can always go online

:neckbeard:

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

i don't like linux either

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I imagine you doodling on drawings like this at the age of 8 with a bunch of psychiatrists standing around you saying "oh dear he is a troubled one."

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

I imagine you doodling on drawings like this at the age of 8 with a bunch of psychiatrists standing around you saying "oh dear he is a troubled one."
this, but about gbs in general

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i pretty much just drew an oc called toilet man it was a toilet with legs and eyes on stalks

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
These computer doodads are just a fad, but not good ones like the hoola hoops and coonskin caps we had in my day. GET A JOB

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

serious talk: tbqh lonesome is my fav gbs poster and the only person who can pull off crazy funny. Like proper munted asylum level funny. Sometimes I imagine what he would be like irl and it scares me.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

wow......... thanks......... i mean same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

These computer doodads are just a fad, but not good ones like the hoola hoops and coonskin caps we had in my day. GET A JOB
Our world runs on computers now. If one computer stopped working, society would collapse.

• Locked thread