Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I mean, human intelligence potential hasn't changed in thousands of years and it's a common mistake to assume our ancestors were idiots: they just didn't have Wikipedia

But still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
it was ancient aliens, op

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I like the fairly new theory where they used water and balloons to float the blocks, and to keep cool / have a perfect level to work with.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
they pushed the fuckin rocks into a pile

oh my god was that so hard

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

slaves carried the stone on their backs and they got whipped a lot. i saw a cartoon about it

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
A whole bunch of guys figured out a whole bunch of techniques that could have been used in antiquity to build them and other ancient wonders, you can do some amazing stuff with some logs and large quantities of rope, there's even this dude who is recreating the Stonehenge all on his own using nothing but rope and planks, there's really nothing mysterious about any of this short of the fact that the techniques themselves have became archaic and forgotten.

One cool thing I remember about the construction of the pyramids (and also the easter island statues) is that they probably made makeshift 'railways' by simply placing wooden logs infront of the rocks and rolling the rocks on those, it still requires a lot of manpower but it's pretty clever.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Titans built the pyramids.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
we do know how they built them but we have great TV like teh history channel with ancient alien man and big foot hunters telling us maybe we dont know

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
poo poo was flooded and carried with slaves and water

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
They got the sand wet OP.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Yeah, and isn't it weird how we only use 10% of our brain?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

uG posted:

poo poo was flooded and carried with slaves and water

That's another common misconception - they weren't slaves but were conscripted and paid well.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
your mom built my pyramid op, if you know what i mean.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Rather Dashing posted:

That's another common misconception - they weren't slaves but were conscripted and paid well.

they got paid in beer vouchers which is pretty legit

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
I'm the advanced alien civilization that helped the Egyptians build the most basic kind of large structure you can using magic unnecessary anti gravity devices while not sharing knowledge of basic things like the stone arch or the Bessemer process.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who cares about the pyramids. The Coral Castle in Florida is the one. That thing is less than 100 years old and was built by one man.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I'm the advanced alien civilization that helped the Egyptians build the most basic kind of large structure you can using magic unnecessary anti gravity devices while not sharing knowledge of basic things like the stone arch or the Bessemer process.

also you guys mysteriously stopped showing up after the reintroduction of record keeping following the bronze age collapse

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

people dump rocks on top of each other in a logical, organized and intelligent manner --> aliens did it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Paid even better than Computer workers, that's why they're call IT slaves

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I saw one thing about hidden railways inside the walls of the pyramid which would enable the structure to be built without look ghetto like Aztec poo poo

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

your buildings are poo poo and full of dirt. after we figure out what to do aabout our banks, mexicans, and arabs we are going to gently caress you so hard

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im the unrecorded roman invasion and occupation of ethiopia that accounts for how darkies could have figured out how to manufacture swords

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
thejewsdidthis.gif

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Rather Dashing posted:

and they probably were local boys and not Hebrews.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are Hebrew slaves.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the best part is how the ancient alien people say that even with our modern technology we couldn't build the pyramids today

you can't even fit a razor blade between the blocks! explain that science dummy!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im the aliens that did pizza runs for the people of golbeki tepe so they didnt have to bother inventing agriculture

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
seriously though the pyramids were built by the nephilim

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
it was Nubians, OP. Egyptians dont want us to know how they were built, cause then they'd have to admit they were built for black people

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hey guys were the ancient egyptians white europeans or black africans???

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
yeah, it's really embarrassing op that we dont know wexactly what hapened like 4000 years ago , durrr

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok how about Damascus steel??? That's shameful

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah it is actually

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I built the pyramids.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
actually i thought it was decided how they were built ages ago

stop watching late 90's history channel reruns.

there is someone in my class at uni that seriously believes that the pyramids were actually electrical generators; they said something about Tesla. Apparently the reason the jews fled egypt was because they had stolen the unique capacitor or whatever that made the pyramid work.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

they were both and very tan. think of it like skin color in india

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
its a tomb haha yea right

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Rakosi posted:

actually i thought it was decided how they were built ages ago

stop watching late 90's history channel reruns.

there is someone in my class at uni that seriously believes that the pyramids were actually electrical generators; they said something about Tesla. Apparently the reason the jews fled egypt was because they had stolen the unique capacitor or whatever that made the pyramid work.

why would they steal the capacitor and not make their own pyramid for electricity?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ekster posted:

It was a large multicultural state. So yes.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
yeah but who built the guys who built the pyramids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
honestly if i as a layman can't figure something out and nobody presents me with anything that a layman could easily understand i am pretty sure aliens, magic or god did it

• Locked thread