Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
YOSPOS is basically AppleCare
better
no
apple is good because it doesnt do metro or whatever that poo poo ubuntu did
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

like i have a lovely macbook linking the sync with my ipod touch and ipad and because i am such a lovely 'nice' guy i have given the 4 year old lovely macbook to wife and i am wanting to move the sync from the lovely macbook to the mac mini but I think this is a hassle it was in the past at least

erase and sync. no thanks. is there an easier way now in the satanic year of 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
nope

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks gay tim

b

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
hey moo cow how come you ignore my yos, yo

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
lovely MacBooks are way better than Mac minis you got taken advantage of in that deal with your wife op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nah I have iPad Air 128gig for some reason

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
u should sync the pink w/ ur wife

tha'ts my pro-tip for u

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks
where would I be without you nerds

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
perhaps not on your way to a divorce ha ha

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ha ha but no seriously I have to erase and sync? that's bullshit

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i thought you could just restore from the icloud or a backup? i think i restored my backup from time machine to new machine last time i upgraded

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

in order to prevent piracy they have made it nigh-impossible to sync your iThing with more than one computer

thanks, apple

thapple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
synciing is the worst part of ios

i prefer copying poo poo. its simple and makes sense. not doing a bnch of changes, hitting sync and hopeing it works (unlike tonight where it just failed silently)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

(unlike tonight where it just failed silently)

don't post about my dilz tia

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

in order to prevent piracy they have made it nigh-impossible to sync your iThing with more than one computer

thanks, apple

thapple

yeah, i should be able to just put all my data in icloud and not sync to my mac ever

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah, i should be able to just put all my data in icloud and not sync to my mac ever

you can, it's called iCloud Drive. the only exception is music, which for some reason is a disaster and you have to pay to use iTunes Match to cloud it if you want to use the built-in music player.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

voted for the comedy option because im a piece of poo poo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

The Management posted:

you can, it's called iCloud Drive. the only exception is music, which for some reason is a disaster and you have to pay to use iTunes Match to cloud it if you want to use the built-in music player.

my :siren:legally obtained drm-free ebooks:siren: also don't work without syncing via itunes

so music and books, the two things i want to sync, don't work lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i also have a not so serious question

i was running space sniffer on my SSD to free up space and i saw that my windows search index was 1GB

is that the right amount or is that too large

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

whoa cool. found out i have windows.old pwning my ssd and also diablo3 is huge like xbox

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

how do I disable 60fps or fix youtube weirdly dropping frames or freezing with 60fps video in chrome?

edit: I have an i5-3570k so I can't imagine it's too slow but then again adobe/google

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

whoa cool. found out i have windows.old pwning my ssd and also diablo3 is huge like xbox

i just found out that when i told steam to uninstall all my old james it did not in fact do that at all

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
my iPhone keeps suggesting lovely spellings of contractions without apostrophes. how do i get rid of those?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

my iPhone keeps suggesting lovely spellings of contractions without apostrophes. how do i get rid of those?

reset keyboard dicationary

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

i have a single server with a bunch of poo poo on it, jabber, my blog, fail2ban set up, dragonfly mail agent, postgres, git repos, etc etc. i want to be able to set up everything locally and have a one-button deploy for all my configuration and etc., while still keeping e.g. existing data in the postgres database, etc. is there anything more lightweight than some kind of terrible chef/puppet/docker solution?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

:tipshat:

syscall girl posted:

i just found out that when i told steam to uninstall all my old james it did not in fact do that at all

thanks gaben

horse mans posted:

i have a single server with a bunch of poo poo on it, jabber, my blog, fail2ban set up, dragonfly mail agent, postgres, git repos, etc etc. i want to be able to set up everything locally and have a one-button deploy for all my configuration and etc., while still keeping e.g. existing data in the postgres database, etc. is there anything more lightweight than some kind of terrible chef/puppet/docker solution?

this sounds like a serious question

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

this sounds like a serious question

gently caress, then where should i ask it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

horse mans posted:

gently caress, then where should i ask it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651663

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

horse mans posted:

reset keyboard dicationary

then i'll lose all the other stuff :(

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

then i'll lose all the other stuff :(

really no alternative, maybe iexplorer or imazing can let you dive in and find the dictionary database, but i wouldn't recommend it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

horse mans posted:

really no alternative, maybe iexplorer or imazing can let you dive in and find the dictionary database, but i wouldn't recommend it

aw. that blows. thanks though

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
you can't longpress on the suggestion and tell it to forget it? score one for android :smug:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

ChiralCondensate posted:

you can't longpress on the suggestion and tell it to forget it? score one for android :smug:

ios: 144,200,134 android: 1

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i also have a not so serious question

i was running space sniffer on my SSD to free up space and i saw that my windows search index was 1GB

is that the right amount or is that too large

there are no smells in space, dude, so i dont know what thep oint of a space sniffer is.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

horse mans posted:

ios: 144,200,134 android: 1

lol

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
how come on my ipad sometimes sound from apps wont play from teh speaker but it will from teh headphones. but some apps work correctly. and a restart fixes it.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its broken sponge =/

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Teh

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
would i tamuse you to know i cant type despite being a software developer