Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
YOSPOS is basically AppleCare
better
no
apple is good because it doesnt do metro or whatever that poo poo ubuntu did
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
penguin sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i feel a sense of privelge when you post because its so special for you to do so from such a cold place

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
we had an off-continent comms outage today for like 8 hours and tomorrow might be condition 2 weather which im super excited about

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

what is condition 2 weather?!?!?!?!

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i watched a couple of youtubes about it! wow! thats some weather!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

death

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

my sex life is condition 2

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

i feel a sense of privelge when you post because its so special for you to do so from such a cold place

and presumably expensive

posting gold

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

power botton posted:

what is condition 2 weather?!?!?!?!

install fedora

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
hey yospos is that "leave up to 2-3 days for poo poo to propagate when changing dns" everyone used to talk about still A Thing?

like i just had to do that for a client and it came through almost instantly on my end, but then that was just me changing a .au domain from one australian host's nameservers to another and then viewing it from my :australia: residential connection, and i guess i hadn't even tried the domain in a few days so the dns may not have been cached by my ISP or whatever the gently caress, so maybe my experience isn't exactly representative (the client's customers are all necessarily in my city though so idgaf in this particular case, i'm just wondering in general)

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

jony ive aces posted:

hey yospos is that "leave up to 2-3 days for poo poo to propagate when changing dns" everyone used to talk about still A Thing?

like i just had to do that for a client and it came through almost instantly on my end, but then that was just me changing a .au domain from one australian host's nameservers to another and then viewing it from my :australia: residential connection, and i guess i hadn't even tried the domain in a few days so the dns may not have been cached by my ISP or whatever the gently caress, so maybe my experience isn't exactly representative (the client's customers are all necessarily in my city though so idgaf in this particular case, i'm just wondering in general)

depends if anything in the chain honours the ttl on the dns record I guess :shrug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I have a stupid not so serious question

I have a drive I was using for backup on win 7 but the backup was getting fouled up because the drive was running out of space, so I deleted the backup, but it still shows the drive as being nearly full. I ran windirstat to see if I could find the ~rogue datums~ but it's as clueless as I am. what do I do yospos

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Mad Archivist posted:

I have a drive I was using for backup on win 7 but the backup was getting fouled up because the drive was running out of space, so I deleted the backup, but it still shows the drive as being nearly full. I ran windirstat to see if I could find the ~rogue datums~ but it's as clueless as I am. what do I do yospos

lol nice, is this username + post combo serious?

no idea if windows backup does dumb stuff but imo move your poo poo off the drive, format, copy poo poo back

also check the drive for errors while you're at it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

format the drive

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011
the ASUS RT-AC66U is slow as poo poo and when you update the firmware the 5gz network disappears? why

pram
Jun 10, 2001
buy an airport extreme op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

buy an airport extreme op

see this & raise u a time capsule

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
neither, gently caress dudes, stop throwing your money into cremnobs pockets

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

gently caress dudes

:mrgw:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

check that you don't have shadow copies on there

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
no worries man, that's what the cloud is for :)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

run windirstat or space sniffer as admin? maybe the backups are protected somehow?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

gently caress dudes

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

that's what my butt is for :)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Stereotype posted:

we had an off-continent comms outage today for like 8 hours and tomorrow might be condition 2 weather which im super excited about

your posting is my condition 1

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i did

pre:
$ git checkout -b database_func
/// a bunch of work
$ git checkout origin/master
$ git checkout database_func
error: pathspec 'database_func' did not match any file(s) known to git.
please hurry i have the rope

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ok i opened source tree and clicked the last commit and hit checkout and now i see my files again

i'm never branching again

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

if i get wireless headphones for my computer, can hackers listen in???

examples: Sony and Sennheiser ones for sale on amazon.com

what protocols do they use, and is the signal even encrypted?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

lol @ the idea of "hackers" listening in on your idiotic drivel / seapunk playlist

PleasureKevin posted:

i did

pre:
$ git checkout -b database_func
/// a bunch of work
$ git checkout origin/master
$ git checkout database_func
error: pathspec 'database_func' did not match any file(s) known to git.
please hurry i have the rope

that's hosed up

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Ator posted:

if i get wireless headphones for my computer, can hackers listen in???

examples: Sony and Sennheiser ones for sale on amazon.com

what protocols do they use, and is the signal even encrypted?

fuckin poo poo gently caress dick barf @ this question

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

bobbilljim posted:

lol @ the idea of "hackers" listening in on your idiotic drivel / seapunk playlist
no but what if someone from a rival guild uses it to listen in on their ventrilo!!!!!

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

what tablet is best to play world of warcraft on?

specifically arenas

pram
Jun 10, 2001
umm duhhhhh

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

how can u post that and not the thread

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol nice, is this username + post combo serious?

no idea if windows backup does dumb stuff but imo move your poo poo off the drive, format, copy poo poo back

also check the drive for errors while you're at it

I'm an archivist, not a drive janitor :argh:

and yes windows backup is doing stupid stuff, because I deleted the backup through its own UI and it still hosed it up.

edit that is not an edit: right, okay. so there was this folder that windows was telling me was 16bytes in size related to backups that I assumed wasn't the problem; deleted it and the drive started giving correct numbers again. windows is truly a piece of poo poo OS

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

pram posted:

umm duhhhhh

im p dishonored rn

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
please recommend an external dvd drive, or a place to buy 8 gig flash drives in bulk

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

amazon.com

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Tin Gang posted:

please recommend an external dvd drive, or a place to buy 8 gig flash drives in bulk

aliexpress :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

• Locked thread