Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will beat Iowa for the National Championship?
This poll is closed.
Diodeous 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
cletus42o 2 28.57%
John Brown 4 57.14%
The Notorious ZSB 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
Georgia 1 14.29%
Arkansas 0 0%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I scored on every drive. I don't even have the words, I wasn't trying to run the score up or anything like that. It just felt like I had to keep scoring especially after you drained my 21 point lead with 24 seconds left in the first half to a 7 pt lead in the middle of the third. The interception and the miraculous break up on what I felt for sure was going to be an absurd 4th down conversion sealed it. Once I get to the 4th, if I have a 2 score lead I'm going to drain the clock. I won't use kill clock any sooner than the 4th either though.

The offense was transcendent, and the defense found just enough especially at the end. Your returners almost won you the game if not for a few last second mid field tackles, almost half of your total yardage was KR yardage.

I'm tooting the Heisman horn for my Juco QB, He's gonna Cam Newton me to a title (I HOPE).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Fournette is out for the season with a broken wrist. :(

I think we'd have had a real shoot-out all the way if he hadn't gone down, I really was suffering without him. I got those quick 14 points with that crazy play with no time left in the 1st half (which was NOT how I called the play - I tried to hurry-up, it didn't give it to me, so I had to figure something out quick and mashed the button to call a stick play and just audibled Dupre or Dural in like 1 second to that quick out route which luckily got me that score), but felt like the team lost all confidence once Fournette was out. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season for me, but I'm not out of it yet by any means.

You were playing insane though, I didn't know what else to do but try to go all out on you - and that started so early in the game! If you play like that the rest of the season you should definitely go far.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I would like to advance this tonight but may not have time til tomorrow

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I would like to advance this tonight but may not have time til tomorrow
We're still waiting on Tyler (Arky) also, but he's a Clemson (and Panthers) fan and might have celebrated a bit too hard to get his game in. I'll try to get him to get his in if I see him online, but figure you're fine with advancing regardless.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Fournette is out for the season with a broken wrist. :(

I think we'd have had a real shoot-out all the way if he hadn't gone down, I really was suffering without him. I got those quick 14 points with that crazy play with no time left in the 1st half (which was NOT how I called the play - I tried to hurry-up, it didn't give it to me, so I had to figure something out quick and mashed the button to call a stick play and just audibled Dupre or Dural in like 1 second to that quick out route which luckily got me that score), but felt like the team lost all confidence once Fournette was out. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season for me, but I'm not out of it yet by any means.

You were playing insane though, I didn't know what else to do but try to go all out on you - and that started so early in the game! If you play like that the rest of the season you should definitely go far.

Fournette was special man, it absolutely felt like without him the run game evaporated which made it a bit easier for me to get into my preferred coverage and pressure for passing downs. For me I was astounded by how well my offensive line played consistently setting the edge and largely keeping my QB upright with enough time. Usually when it goes south for me, my QB just is getting plastered (I'm bad about taking sacks), but I felt like I always had just enough time to pull off the critical downs.

Fun fact I was 9/9 on 3rd downs. And I rarely had to convert more than a 3rd and 5 or 6. I doubt I can play that "ON" for the rest of the season, I've never had a game like that one before where everything I did on offense worked, but it makes me feel good knowing this team can score with just about anyone. Sometimes it's easier than others to see and recognize the matchups/coverage in the game, just must have had a good game in that regard.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, all games have been played now (except yours I think).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Good, I will hopefully play mine then advance this today

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Good, I will hopefully play mine then advance this today
I think we play after the advance (unless I have a bye - forgot to check). Do you want to try to get it in today if so?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Really having trouble finding time to get my game played and get this advanced. We will advance for sure within the next few days, but if I can't get the pace back to normal because of me, I might have to shut this down. I don't want to do that because of how much I love these dynasties, but real life is intruding quite a bit lately.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just move at whatever pace works and those that stick around will get what we get.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, how can the CPU gain 400pts of recruiting on a prospect if the following is true: there wasn't a visit, and both of you are maxing points, and you have more bonus points than that CPU team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Cletus, how can the CPU gain 400pts of recruiting on a prospect if the following is true: there wasn't a visit, and both of you are maxing points, and you have more bonus points than that CPU team.

EA SPORTS WE MAKE UP THE GAME.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Whoa, whoa - just because I've somehow done well at recruiting lately doesn't mean I know poo poo about how it works. :)

The only thing I can think there is that they are playing to the strengths of the recruit. I'm not sure if that's just considered part of the bonus points or not. Obviously you can't change proximity to home via playing, but if it's a QB recruit who wants to run, and the CPU has a monster QB running game that week, I am under the assumption the CPU would end up getting more points for that recruit that week. I know I try to play the way certain recruits want but I've never looked into how it specifically affects the points I earn additionally (if any).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

cletus and I are knocking out our game tomorrow evening. I'd like to advance wednesday evening or thursday morning. Will likely be transferring commish to cletus since it would be in the best interest of the league

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over Florida, 20-7.

I am the commissioner now, at least temporarily. We're waiting on Georgia/Tennessee which I'd like them to be able to play, and that may be this weekend. Arky also still has to play a CPU game, but that will get simmed if it's still pending after UGA/UT. After that, I'd like to have us advancing twice a week!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
FYI ZSB, in case you didn't see it in GroupMe, Georgia said he may be available sometime today. Worst case if you guys aren't able to schedule a time by Saturday evening, I'll put him on AP for you.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If we are advancing twice a week I can almost guarantee some sims dude, I get not wanting to let things stagnate, but I feel like most of us have too much real life to devote that much time to internet football.

I will try and connect with him and get the game played. Hopefully today, but certainly by Saturday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

LSU over Florida, 20-7.

I am the commissioner now, at least temporarily. We're waiting on Georgia/Tennessee which I'd like them to be able to play, and that may be this weekend. Arky also still has to play a CPU game, but that will get simmed if it's still pending after UGA/UT. After that, I'd like to have us advancing twice a week!

I completely missed this, but I gotta agree with Z. If we aim for twice a week then games will get simmed, and we could lost players when we really can't afford to.

I'd just play it by ear dude. The ACC and B1G advance often enough as it is.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, no worries from my end on that. When I say I'd LIKE to advance twice a week, that's all I mean. It may never happen.

Should have someone joining up as Bama tonight also.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really hope this dynasty/game lasts long enough for USCe to become the powerhouse they're destined to be.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I won't be going anywhere. I got a One when Amazon had the great deal on it, but I'm keeping my 360 for my NCAA and Madden 25 leagues until they die.

FYI, ZSB and Georgia have scheduled for Saturday morning around 10-12pm Eastern. I will be advancing us right after their game, or worst case, Saturday evening and the game will be simmed if it has to be. (I should be around to set one of you to AP if one of you doesn't show up during the agreed-upon window though)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We have advanced!

User Games:
#11 Arky (Tyler / GroupMe) at #1 South Carolina (JB)

The rest of us have CPU games, except for Tenn/ZSB (BYE).

edit - JB, if you check on GroupMe, you'll see that Tyler is apparently without internet at the moment. He was able to play his CPU game this past week by, and I quote, "Played it, then used my phone wifi right at the end to sign on live and upload the result."

If he can't figure out a way to play you, I'll set him to AP, but you should check with him in GroupMe and find out when (if at all) he'd be able to maintain a (good) connection long enough to play out your game.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 10, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio is the only goon with a CPU game left and will be trying to knock it out today.

JB/Tyler is still getting figured out. I believe Tyler had to move suddenly and that's why he doesn't have internet right now. Trying to see if they can get it scheduled by mid-week so we could still wait a few days if something happened last minute where Tyler couldn't get internet when he thought he could.

Also, we've got for sure one new player as Bama. You may recognize him from the OP. Dio, I hope that doesn't bother you, but I figured it was in the best interest of the dynasty to have more people playing and he's going to be stuck with a 360 for a while before he can upgrade and he told me he would play his games. Best case, we've got a new player who'll be here for a while. (he's got the XP bug but he's Bama - as a real life Auburn fan) Best case #2, we get some more fun drama. He's also planning on getting his CPU game in today.

Invited one more person who's been in another dynasty with me for a while (same one that Nick/Georgia came from) - that dynasty moves every 2-3 days, so as long as his interest doesn't wane quickly, he should be getting all his games in. He hasn't joined yet so I don't know what team he's picking. I told him A&M might be his best bet in the event he gets the XP bug, but also said that that bug sometimes seems to not happen when you choose a team that no one has ever claimed in a dynasty before - so we'll see what he does.

This will actually put us at 5 goons vs 5 GroupMe players (assuming the latest recruit comes through with joining). I think all of us goons are in the GroupMe chat to some degree except for Wreckus, so it should be fine - and I will continue to coordinate between the forums and the chat room.

Wreckus, if there's any way you'd be able to join the GroupMe, that would be great. It would definitely help in scheduling your games. No worries if you don't want to bother, but it'd definitely be a quick way to tell someone that you won't be around for x number of days. :angel:

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I normally don't mind the inclusion of a new player, but this new player is J Crowe who: a) did not get his games in on time; b) openly insulted me and the dynasty; c) is a turd

If he tries to start anything with me or acts like a poo poo to me, I will probably drop from the dynasty. I don't want to deal with these me-first shithead personalities

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I normally don't mind the inclusion of a new player, but this new player is J Crowe who: a) did not get his games in on time; b) openly insulted me and the dynasty; c) is a turd

If he tries to start anything with me or acts like a poo poo to me, I will probably drop from the dynasty. I don't want to deal with these me-first shithead personalities
Hey, I will kick him if it gets to that point. I don't think it will or I wouldn't have extended the invite to him.

You my top bud here.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, I don't expect it to be too bad, but thanks ol top :wink:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like Tyler/JB will be happening tonight.

Crowe is currently playing his game against Kentucky.

Dio, let me know if you need a day to get your game in, or if you just want me to advance after these games. But I'd like for you to spend your 3000 recruiting points - just do it from the web. If you're going to write this season off, don't let it affect your upcoming seasons too!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll try to take care of my recruiting but don't hold the dynasty up for me

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
JB, I saw you guys were having weird internet issues, but I couldn't tell if you wanted the game simmed just because it was an aggravating moment (not with each other, just with the connection) or because you didn't think you'd be able to schedule another time in the very near future.

Let me know. I can either advance this morning before I head into work late, or I can do it this evening - or I'm happy to wait if you think you can give it another go soon.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can't play again until 6pm, and tbh I'm kinda over it. I'll let Tyler make the call.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I can't play again until 6pm, and tbh I'm kinda over it. I'll let Tyler make the call.
Well, goons get to make the calls here. If you're fine with leaving it to the sim gods, I'll advance in 30 minutes. Tyler said he was "very flexible" today.

So I could wait until tomorrow morning to advance, and if you guys can get it in tonight, great, otherwise it will get simmed then. But if you'd simply rather it get simmed, I'll do it in 30 minutes.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If you haven't done it already tell him I can try again at 6.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

If you haven't done it already tell him I can try again at 6.
Haven't done it yet.

Asked him in chat, I'll let you know. Assuming you always mean CT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
He said he might be able to go late tonight, but sounds like it'd probably have to be after 10pm CT - and doesn't sound like he's 100% sure he could even do it tonight. You can check with him in chat if you want to try to set it up, or I can just sim it. Let me know.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 8

In the simmed game, Arkansas just barely beat South Carolina, 35-33. That leaves only two undefeated user teams, #1 Tennessee and #3 Auburn.

User Games:

:siren: #1 Tennessee (ZSB) at #7 South Carolina (JB) :siren:
Missouri (Waytogo Idaho / GroupMe) at #17 Florida (Dio)
#11 Alabama (Crowe / GroupMe) at #9 Arkansas (Tyler / GroupMe)

Everyone else has CPU games.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rus I'm out of town through Sunday night, but I'll def have time on Monday MLK day. Let's aim for then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Rus I'm out of town through Sunday night, but I'll def have time on Monday MLK day. Let's aim for then.

Monday it is.

E: Looks like my best WR got hurt for 8 weeks in the sim loss to Arky. Fun times.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Double post:

Z, do you want to try in the morning? I'm thinking like 9 or 10.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Double post:

Z, do you want to try in the morning? I'm thinking like 9 or 10.

We can shoot for 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

See you then.

• Locked thread