Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will beat Iowa for the National Championship?
This poll is closed.
Diodeous 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
cletus42o 2 28.57%
John Brown 4 57.14%
The Notorious ZSB 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
Georgia 1 14.29%
Arkansas 0 0%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

See you then.

Gotta run and snag my cat some food, I'll be on as close to 10 as I can (should be close to on time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Gotta run and snag my cat some food, I'll be on as close to 10 as I can (should be close to on time).

That's fine. I may be a couple mins behind.

Look for me to send a msg online.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey Wreckus, don't forget your game against Notre Dame. Just lemme know when you think you can get to it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SCe over UT, 35-17.

The Volunteers had a second half meltdown as nothing seemed to be working for them after the opening drive of the 3rd.

Tough loss, ZSB.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

SCe over UT, 35-17.

The Volunteers had a second half meltdown as nothing seemed to be working for them after the opening drive of the 3rd.

Tough loss, ZSB.

Defense couldn't stop a wet rag, offense suddenly quit blocking and catching. Mostly the 3rd down defense was atrocious, had plenty of 3rd and longs that I couldn't finish on. Team def quit in the 4th, couldn't catch a break.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

cletus42o posted:

Hey Wreckus, don't forget your game against Notre Dame. Just lemme know when you think you can get to it.

Thanks Ill play within the next hour

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 9

User Games
#4 South Carolina (JB) @ #2 Auburn (Wreckus)
#15 Alabama (Crowe / GroupMe) @ #6 Tennessee (ZSB)
#17 Florida (Dio) @ #9 Georgia (Nick / GroupMe)

Everyone else has CPU games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, I'm completely free this Sunday?

Want to play that day? Let me know by Friday night so I don't make other plans.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, please let JB know when you can play.

The other two user games have been scheduled to happen today/tomorrow, so if we haven't heard from you when those games are done, you'll get put on AP. I don't want to do that since you're undefeated and #2. If you can't play until Tues/Wed, we can wait, just need to hear from you!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols fall again 38-35. Threw 2 picks at really atrocious times, that cost me the game. Prb should have ended a 2 score game, got a late trash time TD to make it a 3 pt one.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

John Brown posted:

Wreckus, I'm completely free this Sunday?

Want to play that day? Let me know by Friday night so I don't make other plans.

Sorry if you made plans, but I'll be around most of the day Sunday and Mon and Tues night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry if you made plans, but I'll be around most of the day Sunday and Mon and Tues night.

Post here when you're free again fit tonight and we'll play it by ear.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio/Nick is happening Tuesday now so y'all got time.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

John Brown posted:

Post here when you're free again fit tonight and we'll play it by ear.

Im on now for the rest of the night, just let me know.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe over Auburn with something ridiculous like 45-30. Defense was optional and my guys were dropping picks left and right. Can't wait until this team grows up.

Gg, Wreckus.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 10

User Games
#7 Auburn (Wreckus) @ #5 Arkansas (Tyler / GroupMe)
#11 Alabama (Crowe / GroupMe) @ #4 LSU (cletus42o)

Everyone else has a CPU game except JB.

This game with Auburn and Arky will be tricky. Wreckus, please respond with times you can play ASAP so I can try to relay them to Tyler in GroupMe - but you'll have to likely message him on XBL to get the game going (his XBL name is in the image above). With only 2 user games, we may be advancing soon (Crowe and I will possibly be playing as soon as this morning). If I haven't heard anything by Friday/Saturday, and all the CPU games are done, I'll have to set you to AP.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#4 LSU over #11 Alabama, 42-35.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Time to finish out 10-2 with no chance of a division title! I'll take another eventual top 10 ranking and maybe sneak my way into a BCS game...I will grossly underachieve at all schools besides VT apparently.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^E: OMG 2 losses, Lost Season. At some point you have to realize your run with VT is unnatural.

Is Wreckus in the GroupMe chat?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

^E: OMG 2 losses, Lost Season. At some point you have to realize your run with VT is unnatural.

Is Wreckus in the GroupMe chat?

Wreckus is not.

It's no more unnatural than the hold the Capn had on our dynasties before his retirement. I would have no issue with carrying 2 losses if it meant I had a chance to win the division, but that isn't the case. It's not so much about the record as it is what it means for TITLES contention. When perfection is basically required, I know that a 2nd loss is p much it for my chances to play in the SECCG. It's a rarity that we end up with division tie breakers from multiple losses.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 30, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cap was really good, and very fun/frustrating to play against, but he was no Urban Legend. Once I upgraded to Miami I achieved a winning record against him. You on the other hand are still undefeated against me in the regular season. Literally no one has ever done that. You can't expect that across every dynasty.

I don't think not playing in the SECCG or BCSCG is a total loss. You'll still get a lot of recruits interested in your school, and keep in mind you have Tennessee and we're playing with poo poo rosters. If anything this is test of how well you can recruit. I wish I could help you there.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly lost to me in the NCG game after not playing in the CCG over in the Big10/Pac12, and I think he had two losses. I would've been pissed if he had beaten me, but the point still stands - anything is possible in this crazy loving game.

Wreckus, I think Dio is getting his game in today. That leaves UGA with a CPU game. Need to hear something from you so we can try to set this game up, or I'll have to put you on AP.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

Cap was really good, and very fun/frustrating to play against, but he was no Urban Legend. Once I upgraded to Miami I achieved a winning record against him. You on the other hand are still undefeated against me in the regular season. Literally no one has ever done that. You can't expect that across every dynasty.

I don't think not playing in the SECCG or BCSCG is a total loss. You'll still get a lot of recruits interested in your school, and keep in mind you have Tennessee and we're playing with poo poo rosters. If anything this is test of how well you can recruit. I wish I could help you there.

I think once you got to Miami he already had a child with a second on the way. When he was childless he was an absolute monster.

I think at this point across the various dynasties I've beaten everyone at least once. It took me years to notch my first win against Capn, Z and JB though

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cap is a beast, Z is a beast, Sly plays beastly against me, and several of you are right there with us, and if not, on the verge. But no one is immortal (other than VT in the ACC).

I've beaten Cap several times outside of the ACC. In fact, I believe I have a winning record against him in games outside of that league, and the only reason I don't is because I started with Wake and NC State, and I was a noob. There were even a couple of times when I played him under the impression I was Biodome (before I joined the leagues) and beat him. Like, he really thought Bio was sick with the safety :lol:

Point being is no one has ever done what you're doing with VT. It's time to put that poo poo to an end.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Point being is no one has ever done what you're doing with VT. It's time to put that poo poo to an end.

This might be true, but you'll have to drag it from my cold dead hands brotha. My Hokies are staying strong, it's the only place I really successfully recruit as well (bizzaro given I also have Tenn and OSU).

I don't mean to sound like a bitch complaining about 2 losses, the leagues have just gotten small enough where I know the chances to make it up are slim (ITS OUT OF MY HANDS). IRL this would be a totally acceptable season, it is also about where this team probably should be, given the poo poo rosters it was gonna take a year or two for this team to develop into one strong enough to hang with the marquee programs. I got lucky to get into a shootout with LSU because this team can't stop a wet rag through the air.

I think the overall strength of our group has gone way up, I imagine if a lot of the early ncaa players came back they'd be in for a rude show of it. Even Cap at this point.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think this is why we have so many people who join up and barely last two seasons. We have a greater level of parity now

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, all games have been played now except for yours with Arky. Since I haven't heard anything, I've put you on AP.

Feel free to join GroupMe or message Tyler on XBL if you want to try to catch him before he plays it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 11

User Games
#8 UGA (Nick / GroupMe) @ #12 Auburn (Wreckus)
Missouri (Waytogo / GroupMe) @ #10 Tennessee (ZSB)
#3 South Carolina (JB) @ #25 Florida (Dio)

Only one CPU game (Bama vs Miss St), LSU and Arky on BYE.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So my backup HB was supposed to come off the injury list 3 weeks ago, but he still shows as questionable. His STA/INJ are 91/99.

Anyone know what's up with that?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

So my backup HB was supposed to come off the injury list 3 weeks ago, but he still shows as questionable. His STA/INJ are 91/99.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Guys will sit as probable/questionable for a while. You can force them back in if you want.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well that went awfully, forgetting Mizzou is run by a real person. Vols lose 35-42. Made a 2nd half come back but it fell short.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
JB/Dio, y'all planning on playing your game here soon?

Wreckus, any idea when you'd be able to play UGA?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Maybe Friday

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Maybe Friday

6CT/7EST again?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can do that

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, going to have to put you on AP again after Dio/JB play unless we can get your game scheduled. :(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, I'm ready when you are.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Let me finish getting lifted and I'll be on in 5 or so

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

GG Dio.

IIRC the game was pretty close but you threw some costly picks. I'd also forgotten that I was going for a streak of only throwing a single INT for the whole season and went Tyler Bray in the 4th :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

One of the INTs was me trying to force it in the end zone and the other was Driskel doin Driskel things. He tossed one right to your LB or Safety when I was trying to go 15 yards behind that. It was a really tight game until the 4th and then you turned up on defense and really shut down my offense.

• Locked thread