Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will beat Iowa for the National Championship?
This poll is closed.
Diodeous 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
cletus42o 2 28.57%
John Brown 4 57.14%
The Notorious ZSB 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
Georgia 1 14.29%
Arkansas 0 0%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

R2a.

Since when are we required to have 2 FBs?
Maybe it's your offensive scheme? I'm not sure, I can't remember ever trying to cut down to just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

R2a.

Since when are we required to have 2 FBs?

The roster requirements are set by your playbook type. Any multiple or pro style will require 2 FBs since you need a starter and a back up. Air Raid/Run & Gun shouldn't. P/K are the only roster spots where you can carry a single player.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Would like to get us into pre-season recruiting tonight if possible. Anyone need more time for cutting players? Let me know. I'll definitely give us more time on the pre-season recruiting step, unless I can see that everyone has spent all their points already.

Trying to stay slightly behind the ACC so I can see how ZSB progresses and when he starts a new post for the new season.. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll need time tonight for cutting players (i'll be suprirsed if I have that many to cut but still).

I'll also prb start the ACC's new poo poo tonight as well. I've been getting really lazy about my OPs though for new seasons after 4 years of doing them.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'll need time tonight for cutting players (i'll be suprirsed if I have that many to cut but still).

I'll also prb start the ACC's new poo poo tonight as well. I've been getting really lazy about my OPs though for new seasons after 4 years of doing them.
Okay, just let me know when you're ready here.

Anyone else who hasn't done it who needs time, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to plan to advance after ZSB gets his done.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Advancing with the ACC to the phase where you can adjust coach levels if you want. Going to advance tomorrow morning, so do it today if you want to.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Advanced to the pre-season now.

I'll start a new thread when we're getting close to advancing.

Since we have 9 users, I'm going to just try to schedule everyone to have a variety of good opponents, but if any goons want anyone special, let me know and I'll try to accommodate. If there are any tricks to this that any other commishes want to let me know about, please do. :)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I usually just create a matrix of choices on paper and work from there. I never found any tricks to it

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I usually just create a matrix of choices on paper and work from there. I never found any tricks to it
poo poo, I was just going to go team-by-team and see what teams are available as choices at each spot and pick what looks like it would be an interesting game in real life - and obviously try to give as many people shots at the big fish from each conference. If I reach a point where I have no options, I figure I'd have to try moving around bye weeks and see what that opens up.

But pen-and-paper? drat dude. I don't even know where to begin with that. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I always gave everyone 1 ranked opponent, 1 P5 unranked team, and 1 mid major easy game (with a 9 game schedule). With an 8 game schedule I usually just added another P5 team.

I tended to try and either manufacture rivalries I think should exist (i often schedule PSU for VT), and I always make sure that every neutral site game hosts a user team each year cause that's fun. Other than that I also make sure everyone has at least 6 home games but no more than 7. I did the home game #s to avoid 1 user having a bunch of extra recruiting visit chances. I also aimed to avoid having more than 3 away games in a row if possible (sometimes the game fucks you and you can't avoid it).

I didn't stick strictly to home & home rules in that depending on how it worked out I might want a user to have a CPU rivalry game at home to help with recruiting/balancing the schedule when irl they wouldn't play at one teams home site in back to back years. Sometimes I try and remember who I started them with so I can revisit them later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

In a league this size I would give everyone 6 user games, and make sure they are also facing top CPU teams. I'd also make sure they have an equal number of home/away games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'll take a first stab at it and post what the results are before we move forward. Figure we'll be at pre-season for a few days anyway, so I'll try my first pass tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
These are the schedules that I just put together (well, when I had breaks while doing some coding). They're all A+ rated.

Alabama
vs #4 Wisc
BYE
vs A&M
at #24 GT
at Ole Miss
at Notre Dame
at Kentucky
vs #16 Arky
vs #9 Tenn
BYE
vs #2 LSU
at Miss St
vs #17 BYU
at #23 Auburn

Arkansas
at #10 Florida St
vs #8 TCU
vs #19 Nebraska
vs #5 UGA
vs A&M
BYE
vs #3 SCar
at #1 Bama
BYE
at #23 Auburn
at Ole Miss
at #17 BYE
vs Miss St
at #2 LSU

Auburn
BYE
vs Mich St
at West Virginia
vs #15 Oklahoma
BYE
vs Ole Miss
at A&M
at #2 LSU
vs #16 Arky
at USC
at #5 UGA
at #3 SCar

Florida
vs Clemson
at #20 Maryland
at #18 Mizzou
vs #9 Tenn
at Kentucky
at #12 UCLA
at #2 LSU
BYE
BYE
vs #5 UGA
vs Vandy
at #3 SCar
vs Ole Miss
vs #10 Florida St

Georgia
vs Kentucky
vs #3 SCar
vs #8 TCU
at #16 Arky
vs Notre Dame
at #9 Tenn
vs #18 Mizzou
at Vandy
BYE
at #7 Florida
at Stanford
vs #23 Auburn
BYE
at #24 GT

LSU
BYE
at #6 Miami
at #9 Tenn
vs #22 Baylor
at Miss St
vs Oregon
vs #7 Florida
at Ole Miss
vs #23 Auburn
at Notre Dame
at #1 Bama
BYE
vs A&M
vs #16 Arky

Missouri
at #14 Texas
at Ohio State
vs #7 Florida
vs #13 UNC
at Vandy
vs VT
at #5 UGA
at Miss St
BYE
vs #3 SCar
vs #9 Tenn
BYE
at Kentucky
vs A&M

South Carolina
at #11 Okla St
at #5 UGA
BYE
at #20 Maryland
BYE
vs Kentucky
at #16 Arky
at #9 Tenn
vs Vandy
at #18 Mizzou
vs Notre Dame
vs #7 Florida
vs #23 Auburn
vs Clemson

Tennessee
at Stanford
vs #15 Oklahoma
vs #2 LSU
at #7 Florida
vs Oregon
vs #5 UGA
at Ohio State
vs #3 SCar
at #1 Bama
BYE
at #18 Mizzou
BYE
vs Vandy
at Kentucky

Texas A&M
at Penn State
at USC
at #1 Bama
vs Ole Miss
at #16 Arky
vs Vandy
vs Notre Dame
vs #23 Auburn
vs #4 Wisconsin
vs Miss St
BYE
BYE
at #2 LSU
at #18 Mizzou

Unfortunately two people with a double bye, but I think I'm the only one with a week one bye. I tried to make sure our favorites to hate get enough bashing, all the top ranked teams have multiple foes (of course we have something like 8 of the top 25 out of our users), while still having enough of the currently-unranked possible contenders in our line-ups.

Any issues? Dio, do you want me to get rid of your double bye? I checked the other open spots for both you and A&M and this seemed to result in the best schedules without much fuss on my part.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

IMO you've put far enough effort into this. I'm good with what you have listed.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Just FYI Dio, I switched you up a bit.

Week 1 vs #21 Michigan
Week 8 at #12 UCLA

No double bye now, and someone needed Michigan on their schedule.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Works for me!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio and Wreckus, y'all are the only goons that still have to set up your recruiting board. No rush, just a reminder.

Wreckus, if you need more time, let me know, cause we'll advance if everyone else is done!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm R2A. Doubt I can out recruit most of the dynasty seems like all the top recruits only want to come to our schools with Alabama first, UF second and a mix of the rest of us in 3-6.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I don't know about that. I got a bunch of top defensive players who want me, but my OL is poo poo and all the recruits so far are poo poo. I got 3 really high quality MLBs with me at #1 tho

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Planning on advancing us to week 1 tonight.

Wreckus, I know you still have your 1000 points, so do dat poo poo from the web man.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706153

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio close this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

No

• Locked thread