Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ok, lets give this another go.

This isn't the drunk thread so please cut down on the drunk thread posting. I'm not saying no jokes but put some drat effort into it instead of empty-quoting "burn the world in nuclear fire" for a page and a half. I'm super serious about this.

Also, stop trying to score points against D&D it's stupid and petty. Let them circle jerk and think they're changing the world by posting words on the internet. I'd rather have actual discussion.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Ferguson is going down soon. I'm inSt Louis Saturday and Sunday- I got a couple of state trooper bro's who are kinda nervous. Local LE may have poisoned the thing too far and out of towners might actually be a thing (Tm).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Obama Africanus posted:

Ferguson is going down soon. I'm inSt Louis Saturday and Sunday- I got a couple of state trooper bro's who are kinda nervous. Local LE may have poisoned the thing too far and out of towners might actually be a thing (Tm).

You hear about the charming guys they arrested buying bomb parts? Some of those wonderful lads from New Black Panther Party.*

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/two-men-arrested-connection-ferguson-bomb-plot

*I swear they're so moronic you'd think they were a false flag group run by some very dumb white people.

Edit :lol:

quote:

According to a federal indictment, the two suspects, Brandon Orlando Baldwin and Olajuwon Davis, made false statements while purchasing two guns, Hi-Point ACP pistols, at a Cabela’s sporting good store in Hazelwood, Mo. – about five miles from Ferguson – sometime between Nov. 1 and Nov. 13. Two officials told NBC News that the men claimed to be associated with the New Black Panther Party and that they also wanted to acquire bombs.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 22, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Is anyone actually living in ferguson anymore? Or is it all just protestors?

Check out the list price on some of the homes for sale in ferguson right now if you wanna get a feel for the white flight.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

beanieson posted:

Is anyone actually living in ferguson anymore? Or is it all just protestors?

Check out the list price on some of the homes for sale in ferguson right now if you wanna get a feel for the white flight.

Get a 6 bedroom for like $150k or some dumb poo poo right?

Seriously is that a good investment opportunity that could pay off in ten years?

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Cole posted:

Seriously is that a good investment opportunity that could pay off in ten years?

It certainly is, and while we are at it how would you like to own your very own Chicago neighborhood? :v:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

get a red jacket and pith helmet then provoke the locals so you can reenact roarkes drift

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

get a red jacket and pith helmet then provoke the locals so you can reenact roarkes drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's going to be an orgy of stupid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marion Barry, coke using former mayor of DC and personal hero of Rob Ford, dead at 78.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/23/us/marion-barry-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Equine Don posted:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What's really fun is having a friend who is on the protest committee, and having a friend who is a 3%er.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Equine Don posted:

What's really fun is having a friend who is on the protest committee, and having a friend who is a 3%er.

Tempted to play them off each other for entertainment?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
SAS is having some fun in Iraq http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l#ixzz3JqbQ9XAX .

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

quote:

An SAS source said: ‘Our tactics are putting the fear of God into IS as they don’t know where we’re going to strike next and there’s frankly nothing they can do to stop us.
This is awesome. :getin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Marion Barry, coke using former mayor of DC and personal hero of Rob Ford, dead at 78.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/23/us/marion-barry-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
RIP Marion "BITCH SET ME UP!" Barry

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Sounds like they are doing literal drive by shootings

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cole posted:

Sounds like they are doing literal drive by shootings

I am all about anything that terrorizes those savages.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I was just thinking this morning: The special forces soldiers with huge beards riding around in toyota four-runners guiding airstrikes and blasting isis dudes with the kurds have the coolest loving job on earth right now

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

I was just thinking this morning: The special forces soldiers with huge beards riding around in toyota four-runners guiding airstrikes and blasting isis dudes with the kurds have the coolest loving job on earth right now

Special Forces Valhalla: FID with no restrictions

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
The Kurds seem pretty chill from what little I've seen of them. It's no wonder dudes are setting up volunteer brigades Spanish Civil War style when there's a sympathetic faction fighting off hitler-level fucks.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Special Forces Valhalla: FID with no restrictions
:flashfap:

brains
May 12, 2004

having flown with SAS and SBS doing vehicle interdiction in afghanistan i have absolutely no doubt those numbers are being under-reported.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm not saying no jokes but put some drat effort into it instead of empty-quoting "burn the world in nuclear fire"

I feel that "burn the world in nuclear fire" is a valid socio-economic-environmental argument and furthermore according to Das Kapital

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Equine Don posted:

Boy howdy!

quote:

A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hahahahaha. Darwinism at work.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Really should've quoted the whole thing for this gem.

quote:

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Generation Internet posted:

The Kurds seem pretty chill from what little I've seen of them. It's no wonder dudes are setting up volunteer brigades Spanish Civil War style when there's a sympathetic faction fighting off hitler-level fucks.

this is real poo poo

I was deployed to western ninewah province and I still have pictures of people standing on the side of the road waving little american flags at us on the road between talafar and sinjar (I wanna say asr santa fe?)

kurds and hebrews rule gently caress p much the whole arab world tho

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hagel is stepping down. No idea why as the tv had the sound off at work.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013
Looks like Hagel is getting the boot

quote:

The officials described Mr. Obama’s decision to remove Mr. Hagel, 68, as a recognition that the threat from the Islamic State would require a different kind of skills than those that Mr. Hagel was brought on to employ. A Republican with military experience who was skeptical about the Iraq war, Mr. Hagel came in to manage the Afghanistan combat withdrawal and the shrinking Pentagon budget in the era of budget sequestration.

But now “the next couple of years will demand a different kind of focus,” one administration official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. He insisted that Mr. Hagel was not fired, saying that he initiated discussions about his future two weeks ago with the president, and that the two men mutually agreed that it was time for him to leave.

But Mr. Hagel’s aides had maintained in recent weeks that he expected to serve the full four years as defense secretary. His removal appears to be an effort by the White House to show that it is sensitive to critics who have pointed to stumbles in the government’s early response to several national security issues, including the Ebola crisis and the threat posed by the Islamic State.

Even before the announcement of Mr. Hagel’s removal, Obama officials were speculating on his possible replacement. At the top of the list are Michèle Flournoy, the former under secretary of defense; Senator Jack Reed, Democrat of Rhode Island and a former officer with the Army’s 82nd Airborne; and Ashton B. Carter, a former deputy secretary of defense.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/u...v=top-news&_r=0

Good loving luck finding someone with a good idea of how to handle IS and the rest of the current generation islamists though. Can't think of anyone who has voiced anything aproaching concrete and workable plan, much less a doctrine. Not to mention all the conventional regional power wannabes in to keep in check.

E: Was this the last republican in the top executive? Obummer! :bahgawd:

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 24, 2014

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Equine Don posted:

I got friends and family protesting and arresting protestors :lol:

So glad I left St Louis for the south. That place has a special kind of racism that honest to god even gave me pause at times, and I'll be honest and cop to having some racial biases that are bad.

poo poo is lol as all gently caress though. There are seriously bad racial problems and white police loving exclusively with black people issues here.. But the local blacks picked the wrong model to hold up for whitey to see. And if you think I'm being a dumb racist poo poo lemme remind you that we only know the name Rosa Parks because she kept her legs closed as a young black woman.

Mike Brown couldn't be a worse poster child, and it's a shame bc St Louis is legit hosed up. And if I admit that, you know the blacks there may have a legit complaint or 3. I bet outta any 5 or so complaints these protestors have, at least 3 of them will be real.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 24, 2014

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

DownByTheWooter posted:

You would have loved life from 2005 to 2009 if you got the right gig then man. You didn't even need a beret or to pass the Q course to play bearded trigger puller or to be one of their groupies when the wars were desperate enough and we were throwing everything at the wall and calling it special ops or counter terrorism. Hahaha loving Stan the Man McChrystal was a million times the gangster and leader that Nucky Thompson could have dreamed of, and Mike Flynn is the last example of an intelligence officer worth compromising your own ambiguous morals for, and the goddamn truth is that when Bush let us, The U.S. military, do it we were the most effective loving terrorists on earth by such a wide margin it's not even funny.

Best job on earth doesn't even begin to describe what those guys get to do for a living. America is the best country on earth.

:911:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CNN questioning if we're seeing a new Obama now that midterms are over. No poo poo, it's a lame duck in his last two years of office. This is the time every president uses to do whatever he loving wants.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Must be nice to be a SAS soldier and get to play the part of insurgent instead of fighting them. Excep they have superior equipment and support of course.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Syncopated posted:

Must be nice to be a SAS soldier and get to play the part of insurgent instead of fighting them. Excep they have superior equipment and support of course.

Oh no my ambush didn't work

Better call in CAS

What's for lunch?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Oh no my ambush didn't work

Better call in CAS

What's for lunch?

Hadji barbeque? Also why is the quote yellow.
Ed: is it because it is my own post and it's only yellow for me?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Courthouse posted:

Looks like Hagel is getting the boot

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/u...v=top-news&_r=0

Good loving luck finding someone with a good idea of how to handle IS and the rest of the current generation islamists though. Can't think of anyone who has voiced anything aproaching concrete and workable plan, much less a doctrine. Not to mention all the conventional regional power wannabes in to keep in check.

E: Was this the last republican in the top executive? Obummer! :bahgawd:

Don't worry, Obama's NSC staffers will direct the next guys actions. He just needs to be there legally.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

CNN questioning if we're seeing a new Obama now that midterms are over. No poo poo, it's a lame duck in his last two years of office. This is the time every president uses to do whatever he loving wants.

You get amnesty, you get amnesty, EVERYBODY. GETS. AMNESTY! Anyone who pronounces Jesus with an H is hereby universally pardoned!

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Obama Africanus posted:

You would have loved life from 2005 to 2009 if you got the right gig then man. You didn't even need a beret or to pass the Q course to play bearded trigger puller or to be one of their groupies when the wars were desperate enough and we were throwing everything at the wall and calling it special ops or counter terrorism.

Lol this is actually true. I was a supply guy in the Navy, and my first deployment was with a Navy EOD unit doing spec ops poo poo supporting two nat guard ODA's and then as a combat advisor to an ANA kandak. I still can not explain how I ended up in either of those places getting my war on when I literally joined the navy to avoid going to war lmao some folks just lucky, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grand Jury reached a decision, anyone want to do odds on outcomes?

Decision is coming later today.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/24/justice/ferguson-grand-jury/

• Locked thread