Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Vengarr posted:

How much ammunition do you normally need for hurricane relief

This is an honest question

Depends on the area, the scale of damage, blah blah blah. As in every disaster response the needs vary. The real problem that leads to guardsmen not having ammunition is that they are guardsmen and we are better of not giving them live ammo.

But incase you were wondering. If they were marginally competent, you would want them armed in the event of looting and general civil unrest that follows disasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
holy fuckin :lol:

:nws: https://twitter.com/Doc_705/status/537118405405319170

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Now it's an official riot.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Did not anticipate Ferguson going full-on Event Horizon. Exciting times.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Everything is incredibly gay and retarded.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Equine Don posted:

Everything is incredibly gay and retarded.

Sorry your city's on fire, man.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

They're doing a good enough job shooting brown dudes on their own, dunno why the army needs to come in and show em how its done :shrug:

the National Guard's better suited for shooting college students, anyway

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaTT859Yk0

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

psydude posted:

or what I like to call, God's Work

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcon...tm_content=2049

Members of the military crude, sexist, possibly (probably) racist. News at 11.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Facebook groups, for whatever reason, are about as bad as the comments section of a local news article

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Facebook groups, for whatever reason, are about as bad as the comments section of a local news article

And there's a whole article written about them.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

chitoryu12 posted:

My Facebook friends list is gonna be a lot lighter by the end of today.

This is how DND protests

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Why intentionally isolate yourself into an echo chamber of comforting thoughts? I keep contact with people I disagree or flat out don't like so I can get perspective on how dumb/ugly/wrong they can be. Sometimes I learn something new! Did you know that there is a HUMAN skull on mars? The president is gay! Here's a totally not photoshopped picture of him french kissing the french president! GROSS!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

To the surprise of ABSOLUTELY NO ONE EVER, Ferguson is burning to the ground.

But the unrest is not just isolated to the north side of St Louis. Halfway around the world some Chinese are still REAL MAD they don't have democracy.

In other news....

LoL if you live in the northeast and have plans for Thanksgiving

I'm sure the seals raping penguins story got mentioned somewhere. If not... Well... Here you go?

Pakistan competing with the US for Outstanding Achievements in Firearm Responsibility.

The 2014 FBLA-PBL Champion has been crowned.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
wow, everyone's going goddamn bonkers over this poo poo. I've never seen stupidity like this before, people are just shutting off their brains and screaming. It's scary.

e: is there a designated thread for making fun of people freaking out over this Ferguson poo poo?

literally this big fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2014

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygam6uXgI-w

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Illegal Carrot posted:

wow, everyone's going goddamn bonkers over this poo poo. I've never seen stupidity like this before, people are just shutting off their brains and screaming. It's scary.

e: is there a designated thread for making fun of people freaking out over this Ferguson poo poo?

Pretty sure that's this one, considering N4I brought it back to life just in time to watch the chaos unfold :allears:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

gently caress me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This isn't what I meant when I said I wanted 8-10 inches.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Next time be more specific EBB.

Edit:

Or move to Florida and start a prostitution ring.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

but... but I'm a college student

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

but... but I'm a college student

One of the kids shot at Kent State was just on his way to class and didn't have anything to do with the protest. Innocence is no defense.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In reality they usually don't send Guardsmen out armed and nobody really listens to us. My unit got called out for hurricanes/tropical storms in recent years. Some guys brought their personal sidearms for night patrols, but the few people who were out to loot abandoned homes would bail when they saw flashlights and people in uniform. The only time people got pissed was when the mayor ordered a house destroyed due to structural instability and being a hazard and a group of our guys had to run control on a non-plussed crowd.

The really funny stories are from people not listening and trying to bypass checkpoints. After these storms areas of the Susquehanna river rose as much as 40 feet, putting many roads and homes underwater. We had humvees setting up blocking checkpoints to keep people from going down roads they would need a boat for. Of course there were dummies who called bullshit and found a way past the checkpoints through sidestreets, and then would look really sheepish when our boats would have to pick them up from where their former-SUV-now-submarine was.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Spicy Guacamole posted:

gently caress me.

Dusted :twisted:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Thats not Dusting. Thats poo poo piling.

Because they call it a dusting of snow.. and.. You know what, gently caress it. It was a bad follow up.

Edit: Wait.. When the gently caress did they change all the god drat fonts?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/iamsakuma/status/537091278199357440

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok, enough of this crypto-racist "is it RAHOWA time yet?" bullshit. The grand jury has reached its decision. Acting like this is a win for your team grossly oversimplifies the situation and is the mirror image of the poo poo you all make fun of D&D for.

Listen up twinkle toes, just because Clinton convinced most of us to quit tying your type to trees up yonder and beating the urges out of you like it says in that one part of the bible I hide my meth in doesn't mean you get to moderate our ideas and how poorly we decide to articulate them in our online Internet comedy military sub forum of choice.

Our emperor not only has no clothes but he's also a known associate of Ozmadan and has not forsaken all stars, including mods, for the one true lol: Wanton Indiscriminate violence and destruction under whatever pretext our collective neocortexts' poo poo out at the congressional hearings for War Crimes against enemies of this great land both foreign and domestic in the defense of keeping this country a p. Chill spot to be from even with people like Mike Brown and anyone who likes ISIS or submits to Islam walking this earth and wasting our good air.

Ain't nothing crypto about the agreed upon group think here. We're all pretty much pro cops shooting thugs who are either attempting to escape the scene of a crime or assaulting an officer in the process of attempting an arrest.

Just because Dizzle Wizzle didn't have a tranq gun to bring down a fully choomed up 290 pound male adolescent specimen of thuggery doesn't mean he shouldn't have the right to prevent harm to himself or that excuse for a community, or that pitiful communities property and so called "people."

The Justice system worked, and it's HILARIOUS how far SJW's, including our little closeted SJW Mod N4I, will go to paint anyone who thinks this poo poo is funny or fair as racist or ignorant.

I'll Oxford style debate your rear end on this topic with time restrictions if you like, N4I. The only way you win that one is to tighten your wrists up enough to click the "log out" button.

You know we love you N4I. Why do you say such things.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Obama Africanus posted:

I'll Oxford style debate your rear end on this topic with time restrictions if you like, N4I.

I would unironically pay good money to see this. Name your price and preferred charity.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Illegal Carrot posted:

Neither side of this has a monopoly on stupid.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Courthouse posted:

I would unironically pay good money to see this. Name your price and preferred charity.

I would have to google what an Oxford style debate is, I mostly meant we'd use accents and be catty.

I actually love N4I as mod.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
e: nm

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Sort of fur the same reason people buy sugar gliders tho

That's the best autocorrect ever. Leaving it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Obama Africanus posted:

Sort of fur the same reason people buy sugar gliders tho

That's the best autocorrect ever. Leaving it.

To discreetly put in your butt?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Requesting thread subtitle change to: "A 290 Pound Adolescent Specimen of Thuggery."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Neither side of this has a monopoly on stupid.

Pretty much. It's like people forgot what nuanced opinions are.

• Locked thread