Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Henchman of Santa posted:

NCAA 14 doesn't even exist but that leprechaun is probably King Fuckboy

NCAA 14 exists, it just features the 2013 regular season (kind of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Uhh yes it does, it was the final one and I'm looking at it in my hand right now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought 13 was the last one but I guess I'm thinking of the actual year and not the EA Sports naming conventions.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Awww, you'll probably get someone good who can do something with all that talent. I don't see Sumlin ever having a totally dominant defense because his whole thing is scoring fast and keeping the defense on the field, but you can do better than this. And Sumlin is obviously a silver-tongued master salesman when it comes to recruiting, so he'll probably be able to take away a lot of our potential advantage with defensive recruits this year by convincing them the defensive clusterfuck is a thing of the past now that Snyder's gone.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

Awww, you'll probably get someone good who can do something with all that talent. I don't see Sumlin ever having a totally dominant defense because his whole thing is scoring fast and keeping the defense on the field, but you can do better than this. And Sumlin is obviously a silver-tongued master salesman when it comes to recruiting, so he'll probably be able to take away a lot of our potential advantage with defensive recruits this year by convincing them the defensive clusterfuck is a thing of the past now that Snyder's gone.

We also need Spavital to start calling games better. It worked out alright when we had a healthy Manziel or semi-healthy Manziel + a 15 yard "Mike Evans will catch this pass" circle on the field, but this season was inconsistent as hell on offense and it hung the defense out to dry in some games. The second half of the Ole Miss game especially stood out to me - the defense strung together ~4 stops with the chance to get A&M back in the game and the offense either went with a quick 3-n-out or let Ole Miss recover a fumble for a TD to kill any momentum we had.

That said, if the current defensive class holds together and we get a solid coordinator hire I'm hopeful that the defense can make a good jump next year. Our best players are all young and Myles Garret is a machine. I just want us to not get ran the gently caress over game after game next year.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Virginia Tech is going bowling again which is good for the players but Beamer has to go

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It brings me great joy to know that no matter how bad VT is, UVA still can't get the W.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Virgina Tech beat Ohio State, are going bowling again and produced one of the funniest football-related pictures I've ever seen so I think they did alright

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
:unsmith:

REPORTED
Feb 15, 2013

MUSCHAMP

Glass houses, stones, etc

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mizzou lost to Indiana, at home, by giving up a 75 yard touchdown drive with 2 minutes left. Indiana has not won a game in the Big Ten, and they beat a SEC division champion that would otherwise have an outside shot at a playoff berth.

The Indiana Hoosiers football team.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ahem, fuccboi

xbilkis posted:

Mizzou lost to Indiana, at home, by giving up a 75 yard touchdown drive with 2 minutes left. Indiana has not won a game in the Big Ten, and they beat a SEC division champion that would otherwise have an outside shot at a playoff berth.

Strange things happen when a lame duck is running the show

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lord of Boners posted:

MUSCHAMP

Glass houses, stones, etc

Nah he is going to TA&M. Which would be hilarious to me in some way.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KKKLIP ART posted:

Nah he is going to TA&M. Which would be hilarious to me in some way.

It's hilarious because we're still going to suck because we need an O-Line coach and an OC that can call something other than screen plays.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002

computer parts posted:

It's hilarious because we're still going to suck because we need an O-Line coach and an OC that can call something other than screen plays.

Florida's OL coach is pretty good, may become available depending on who we bring in. OL was not very talented/deep and still performed far better this year under Summers. I hope we keep him, but it all depends on whoever the new coach has on staff already.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

xbilkis posted:

Don't forget the TD drive was enabled by an extremely stupid Mizzou penalty on a failed 4th down attempt. We're really dumb.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Why did we extend Mike London

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Got that big win against Kent State

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress everything and every person who has ever lived

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress everything and every person who has ever lived

I'd never been to nus stadium before but since I'm an Evanston resident and Illinois alum today was pretty fun in watching both incompetent teams. You win the war though by keeping Beckman from being fired.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Ungratek posted:

Why did we extend Mike London

As a Thanksgiving present to VT fans. :glomp:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

I'd never been to nus stadium before but since I'm an Evanston resident and Illinois alum today was pretty fun in watching both incompetent teams. You win the war though by keeping Beckman from being fired.

I'm sorry, while I was reading this Zack Oliver just turned the ball over again.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Georgia Tech could get into the Playoff if they beat FSU.

I kinda wanna see that happen.

• Locked thread