Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Soundtrack for today's games:

Shakey Graves, The Lone Bellow

Gifs for today's games:

Quotes for today's games:

TITY BOI posted:

if you don't judge the usury/i'll forget the zyklon B

loving go Goldy, win the B1G, hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Northwestern-Illinois Hat Game is a winner-take-all game for the last Big Ten bowl berth.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I think this makes us the worst team in the ACC now maybe. I'm not sure is it still Wake Forest because we beat a few more teams? It's confusing when you lose to the obviously worst team in the conference coming into the game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Because I'm bad at posting, I put this in the wrong thread:

LeeMajors posted:

UF had over 400 yards of offense in Will Muschamp's Swamp finale, which is a bit like swallowing leprechaun cum.

It's kind of rare, but they looked really bad doing it.

Good riddance, Boom. Beat FSU, tia.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Good god Beamer better be unemployed next Saturday.

E: vv I ninja-edited it in. :respek:

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 22, 2014

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
e: ^^^^ image didn't load when I opened this the first time :hf:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Our true freshman running back, just barely 19 years old, just ran for 427 yards and 5 touchdowns in a single game, and was pulled with 13 minutes left. My god. Samaje Perine is a loving monster. So excited to watch him over the next few years.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Nebraska ambles quietly to another season of bland mediocrity

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What happened Penn State? 6-6 owns so hard

E: Beckman's a weiner

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 22, 2014

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Quandary posted:

Our true freshman running back, just barely 19 years old, just ran for 427 yards and 5 touchdowns in a single game, and was pulled with 13 minutes left. My god. Samaje Perine is a loving monster. So excited to watch him over the next few years.

I'm so mad that I didn't get to watch this game now.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Goldy bitch.

Baylor tears bitch.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
The best part is that Perine is from Austin, and Texas never even offered him :getin:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Quandary posted:

The best part is that Perine is from Austin, and Texas never even offered him :getin:
They did, actually, but as a defensive back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
What the gently caress is wrong with run defenses this year? Gordon's record barely lasted a loving week

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Quandary posted:

Surprised Mack didn't tell him he could play safety.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

They did, actually, but as a defensive back.

Is this a joke? I don't even know at this point? At this point I wouldn't have put anything past Mack

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The general sentiment I've gathered from postgame radio, media, etc. in the past two hours is that Pelini may well be gone if we lose to Iowa next Friday. The wins are unremarkable and the losses are, for the most part, real bad. Bo's now 5-19 versus top 25 teams, and after seven seasons, it's not like he's going to shake up his staff.

Fan apathy seems to be at an all-time high, too. :geno:

That said, I really don't know how I feel about it all. His sideline raging aside, he really does run a clean program and players both past and present love him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Is this a joke? I don't even know at this point? At this point I wouldn't have put anything past Mack

Assuming it's a joke about how Mack recruited Johnny Football and RGIII, but told them they weren't qbs and could play defensive back.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

My girlfriend asked me why we weren't watching the Virginia Tech-Wake Forest game today, and I told her that there was barely anything positive that could come out of the game. I said that, even if the Hokies won, Wake Forest was still one of the worst teams in the conference, so the win wasn't meaningful except to become bowl-eligible. I said all the other outcomes like winning with more injuries, or even losing, would be overall negatives. In fact, the only thing that surprised me later when looking at the score was that it required double overtime to get there.

Since I already purchased season tickets, I'll be in attendance next Friday when VT will play UVA in Blacksburg. This may very well be the last VT game that I watch in person until there's a new head coach in Blacksburg. It sucks to think that what used to be so much fun is now a joyless chore.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Soundtrack for today's games:

Shakey Graves, The Lone Bellow

I saw them live this past Tuesday and they loving own in concert.

A&M can't lose today and it's perfect "sit inside drink beer and watch football" weather so I'm a happy camper.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice and Louisiana Tech will play next week for the C-USA West title and the right to get blown the gently caress out by Marshall in the championship game.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Incoherence posted:

Rice and Louisiana Tech will play next week for the C-USA West title and the right to get blown the gently caress out by Marshall in the championship game.

UAB just took them to the wire.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
FSU is gonna ride the wave of bullshit all the way to the national championship, aren't they?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

FSU is gonna ride the wave of bullshit all the way to the national championship, aren't they?

Nah they'll lose to Florida, in'shallah.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU loses to Tech. Cementing last place in the Big XII. gently caress football.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
So the SEC dream scenario is:

Ole Miss over Miss St
Auburn over Alabama
Missouri over West champ

Right?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona over Utah, Louisville over Notre Dame, Arkansas over Mississippi, 6-3 double-overtime game in Winston-Salem. What a great day.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Idiot Kicker posted:

6-3 double-overtime game in Winston-Salem.

And apparently this one ended regulation at 0-0. :stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Notre Dame's kicker looked like he wanted to step in front of a moving train on the sideline.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

well ASU looked like garbage in the first quarter and a half, WSU put up 600+ yards passing (like they do) and ASU won in a blowout, so I guess all is good. I hope Jalean Strong is healthy for next week in the Territorial Cup, that game is going to be insane and I'm very nervous for it.

I'm praying SC beats UCLA tonight as that would re-open the door for ASU in the P-12 South. I believe it would also eliminate UofA, but I'm not positive.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

ISU loses to Tech. Cementing last place in the Big XII. gently caress football.

Its your fault.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jesus Christ Josh Dobbs looks like a nightmare.

Edit: Wrong thread but it'll still be true tomorrow.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DOOP posted:

What happened Penn State? 6-6 owns so hard

E: Beckman's a weiner

One of the offensive linemen is actually a cardboard cutout the other four carry back and forth.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
how do the New Years bowls work this year?

If we beat PSU and go 10-2 how likely is it that we nab one?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chump Farts posted:

If we beat PSU

If?

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

how do the New Years bowls work this year?

If we beat PSU and go 10-2 how likely is it that we nab one?

quote:

Both participants in the Orange, Rose and Sugar Bowls are contracted outside the playoff arrange­ment (Big Ten and Pac-12 to Rose Bowl; SEC and Big 12 to Sugar Bowl; ACC to Orange Bowl against the highest ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame). If a conference champion qualifies for the playoff, then the bowl will choose a replacement from that conference. When those bowls host the semifinals and their contracted conference champions do not qualify, then the dis­placed champion(s) will play in the other New Year’s bowls.

The Fiesta, Cotton and Peach Bowls will host displaced conference champions and the top-ranked champion from a non-contract conference. The highest-ranked available teams will fill any other berths. The Selection Committee will make the pairings.

So assuming the Final 4 is: Oregon, TCU, FSU & SEC Champ, then yah MSU has a great chance of going to a New Years game. Rose & Sugar Bowl are this years semifinal game, so no Rose Bowl for MSU but Cotton, Fiesta, Peach, etc is likely.

I'm hoping ASU beats UofA and hangs tight against Oregon, which might get us invited to one of the big bowls. I think the Fiesta would be likely since that bowl was created for us anyhow. Of course they wouldn't fill many hotel rooms but they'd sell a lot of swag and tickets.

HooverDam fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 23, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jesus gently caress fsu

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jesus gently caress fsu

Right in the pussy.

Adbot