Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thoguh posted:

I need a secondary team. My parents went to Kansas so I can't root for them. My fiance went to Iowa and I can't root for them. But my sister went to Oregon State, I can root for them.

Go Beavs. Is there anything I need to know about being an Oregon State fan?

Your stadium makes absurd things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
poo poo, my first game as a Beaver fan doesn't even kick off for another hour and a half. But its a big one. For bowl eligibility against Washington.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gonna need a rundown of Maryland Michigan game tia

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Thoguh posted:

I need a secondary team. My parents went to Kansas so I can't root for them. My fiance went to Iowa and I can't root for them. But my sister went to Oregon State, I can root for them.

Prepare to suffer.

Also, Mike Riley gets an extra guaranteed year added to his contract whenever the Beavs finish with 6 wins :lol:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVnKIjBkGVE

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Thoguh posted:

The Beavers are the definition of average. Corvallis is a nice enough town.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Two bad teams played a game and it turned out Michigan was the worst one

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

like a goddamn weedwhacker

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Just gonna pop in to say :laffo: Ole Miss holy poo poo

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Thoguh posted:

They are the Iowa State of the Pac 12, football players once stole a gay ram from the ag department, a different player was found naked, drunk, and in the three point stance in another person's house before he was tazed by police, and Mike Riley is a great person who some think the rest of the conference has sailed past.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
This catch today owned: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11921072

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Thoguh posted:

Brandin Cooks was and still is a very good football player

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am so so SO loving happy my team caused Frank Beamer to lose in hilarious fashion and I'm sure many VT fans are too. :)

By the way another reason SEC Cupcake Saturday justification is bullshit is any defense of it hinges on the idea that late season losses don't mean more than early season ones do which is hilarious to me.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Two teams have managed to lose to both Rutgers and Maryland this season.

Indiana and Michigan.

Fire Brandon

Fire Hoke

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Fun fact: hippos mark their territory by spraying their poo poo everywhere using their tails, the way normal mammals piss on things.

Thoguh posted:

There is only one thing to remember: gently caress UW all year every year.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Cheer for ASU. :) You'll get to keep wearing more or less the same colors, and if you're from Iowa there's a 50% chance you end up living in Arizona at some point anyhow.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am so so SO loving happy my team caused Frank Beamer to lose in hilarious fashion and I'm sure many VT fans are too. :)

By the way another reason SEC Cupcake Saturday justification is bullshit is any defense of it hinges on the idea that late season losses don't mean more than early season ones do which is hilarious to me.

I didn't know Wake Forest had fans on this board.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Things are gonna get really interesting in Blacksburg in a week. I think if Whit can make a move he'll do it but we may have to suffer through one last abomination of a season if he can't.

After all he did to set up Bristol in 2016 he's not going to be there to coach it :laffo:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thoguh posted:

Corvallis is nice, the Beavers are bad this year but had a cool logo*. I guess they're my third team because my dad went there and/or is teaching there.

*http://www.osubeaversshop.com/gdosu12111302.html

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Just putting it out there that Charleston Southern scored more points on UGA today than Auburn did last week.

Also Nick Chubb runs good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bvlah posted:

I didn't know Wake Forest had fans on this board.

I'm the only one (who regularly posts; I know there's a couple other alumni goons) but yeah, go Deacs bitch.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

HooverDam posted:

Cheer for ASU. :) You'll get to keep wearing more or less the same colors, and if you're from Iowa there's a 50% chance you end up living in Arizona at some point anyhow.
Don't be tempted by the dark side.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jordanis posted:

There is only one thing to remember: gently caress UW all year every year.

I can get behind this.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Play the game smarter.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I can't wait till we get to fire sark burn the Carroll coaching tree down.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I tell you what there are several ranked teams that would scare me less than Arkansas right now

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State took 2nd place at the NCAA Women's Cross Country Championships today.

That's right mother fuckers. We will destroy you in sports you don't give a poo poo about.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

Play the game smarter.

What's the fun in not winning as derpily/unlikely a fashion as possible? I'll take a 2006 Wake Forest ACC Championship run or a midmajor major bowl upset over boringly effective SEC bullshit any day thank you very much. :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

poo poo, my first game as a Beaver fan doesn't even kick off for another hour and a half. But its a big one. For bowl eligibility against Washington.

why have you abandoned your cyclones

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Assuming the USC-UCLA result holds up, there are three teams alive for the Pac-12 South title.

UCLA: beat Stanford.
ASU: beat Arizona, Stanford beats UCLA
Arizona: beat ASU, Stanford beats UCLA

Oh, and UCLA @ Stanford and ASU @ Arizona are both next Friday at 2:30PM.

All three teams should be top-10 if the playoff committee is not full of idiots/war criminals.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because he's weak. If I haven't abandoned Wake Forest by now, if I held on for JEFF BZDELIK, no one else has any excuses :colbert:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Looking for a secondary team. I can't ever leave my first love.

It's Riot Bowl week but I can't even bring myself to talk poo poo because ya'll gonna beat us 52-17.

We're gonna beat you in basketball and wrestling though. So I've got that going for me.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I appreciate that FOX shamelessly shills for Texas and the B12 at least as much as ESPN does for the SEC. Thank you FOX, at least you tried.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State took 2nd place at the NCAA Women's Cross Country Championships today.

That's right mother fuckers. We will destroy you in sports you don't give a poo poo about.

Michigan State took first. I didn't even know we had any other nationally ranked teams until today when a lady freaked out over the CC results in the middle of the Rutgers game.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

HERP DERP SEND A PLANE FOR MARK RICHT

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

this is the funniest loving thing I have ever seen

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Anals of History posted:

Michigan State took first. I didn't even know we had any other nationally ranked teams until today when a lady freaked out over the CC results in the middle of the Rutgers game.

FYI we're going to beat the poo poo out of Michigan State in wrestling tomorrow and you didn't even know that was going to happen either.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

paperchaseguy posted:

HERP DERP SEND A PLANE FOR MARK RICHT

Someone get me a shot of Beamer's face when Weaver hit the game winner please god.

Seaniqua posted:

this is the funniest loving thing I have ever seen

Seriously I'm dying. I am 12 but holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Welp I just found out Tech won a game.

Feels weird and unnatural.

• Locked thread