Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

facebook jihad posted:

lol at Ole Miss, but I'm still really worried about the Egg Bowl, that game has upset written all over it.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

VDay posted:

It's not like I think Michigan State and Georgia should be unranked or something, but State's only good win of the year is against a Nebraska team that just lost to Minnesota, and Georgia has two losses to unranked teams. You look at all 3 teams schedules and who they've beaten and lost to and it's kind of silly.

If only Michigan State could have a signature win like a 3 point win over Texas, or a 3 point win over Colorado, or a 2 point win over California.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Detroit_Dogg posted:

If only Michigan State could have a signature win like a 3 point win over Texas, or a 3 point win over Colorado, or a 2 point win over California.
You do realize UCLA's signature wins are over ASU and Arizona, right, not Texas, Colorado, and Cal?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

vikingstrike posted:

How is the OL projecting for next year? That seemed to be one of the most worrisome parts about last night.

Getting your poo poo pushed in by a completely healthy Mizzou DL doesn't necessarily mean your OL is terrible. I can't speak for the other games.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm making fun of the idea that Michigan State being ranked above them is some eye rolling slight against the mighty Bruins of UCLA, a team that struggled with some downright bad football teams and even lost to the Utah Utes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

VDay posted:

It's not like I think Michigan State and Georgia should be unranked or something, but State's only good win of the year is against a Nebraska team that just lost to Minnesota, and Georgia has two losses to unranked teams. You look at all 3 teams schedules and who they've beaten and lost to and it's kind of silly.

Arizona State has no wins against a top 25 opponent and one loss against an unranked one, and yet they are sniffing the top 10. And they are half of UCLAs ranked wins. The whole Pac-12 south is being propped up by Arizona's win over Oregon. It's not like any of those teams are making the playoffs anyway, so what does it matter?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm making fun of the idea that Michigan State being ranked above them is some eye rolling slight against the mighty Bruins of UCLA, a team that struggled with some downright bad football teams and even lost to the Utah Utes.

the gently caress u say to me bitch?!?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

NippleFloss posted:

Arizona State has no wins against a top 25 opponent and one loss against an unranked one, and yet they are sniffing the top 10. And they are half of UCLAs ranked wins. The whole Pac-12 south is being propped up by Arizona's win over Oregon. It's not like any of those teams are making the playoffs anyway, so what does it matter?
People keep saying that it doesn't matter but it's how they pick the New Years Day bowls. Well, not the coaches poll...but you get the picture.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
It's gonna own when everyone cheers for Texas and Michigan this week lol

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Gorman Thomas posted:

the gently caress u say to me bitch?!?

the face of a man who played Call of Duty Black Ops

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia against teams in the Top 25:

Georgia 34, Missouri 0
Georgia 45, Clemson 21
Georgia 34, Auburn 7

(And given how hot Arkansas is now and that they lost to Alabama by a missed extra point, Georgia beat them on the road 45-32 after leading 38-6 at halftime.)

That's why they're ranked where they are. A "the good wins outweigh the bad losses" idea. Your mileage may vary.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

You're forgetting the "clowned by" metric.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Webbeh posted:

To Hell with Georgia all drat week long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJndREUn8yw

Y'all are your worst enemy way more than we are.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Webbeh posted:

To Hell with Georgia all drat week long

Georgia fans also spend all of their time thinking about tech!

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Ga Tech losing to Georgia but then winning the ACC Championship, and Minnesota winning out would be a nice exclamation point on the inaugural playoff year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

archangelwar posted:

Ga Tech losing to Georgia but then winning the ACC Championship, and Minnesota winning out would be a nice exclamation point on the inaugural playoff year.

You got it backwards. Georgia Tech beating Georgia and FSU, and Georgia winning the SEC championship game would be way better.

Minnesota winning out would be cool though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Ga Tech losing to Georgia but then winning the ACC Championship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_ACC_Championship_Game

every
Apr 24, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJndREUn8yw

Y'all are your worst enemy way more than we are.

Throwing the ball away on 4th down loving owns, I gotta say

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
The new ap poll heard the UCLA people bitching and put us at ten, UCLA at nine

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Thoguh posted:

You got it backwards. Georgia Tech beating Georgia and FSU, and Georgia winning the SEC championship game would be way better.

Minnesota winning out would be cool though.

I would take it. Whatever we need to do to get 3 loss conference champions being discussed in a 4 team playoff above a bunch of 1 loss teams.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
AP Poll

code:
1.  Florida State (37)
2.  Alabama (21)
3.  Oregon (2)
4.  Mississippi State
5.  Baylor
6.  TCU
7.  Ohio State
8.  Georgia
9.  UCLA
10. Michigan State
11. Kansas State
12. Arizona 
13. Arizona State
14. Wisconsin
15. Auburn
16. Georgia Tech
17. Missouri
18. Ole Miss
19. Marshall
20. Oklahoma
21. Colorado State
22. Minnesota
23. Clemson
24. Louisville
25. Boise State

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thoguh posted:

AP Poll

code:
1.  Florida State (37)
2.  Alabama (21)
3.  Oregon (2)
4.  Mississippi State
5.  Baylor
6.  TCU
7.  Ohio State
8.  Georgia
9.  UCLA
10. Michigan State
11. Kansas State
12. Arizona 
13. Arizona State
14. Wisconsin
15. Auburn
16. Georgia Tech
17. Missouri
18. Ole Miss
19. Marshall
20. Oklahoma
21. Colorado State
22. Minnesota
23. Clemson
24. Louisville
25. Boise State

Lol Boise State.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

AP Poll

code:
1.  Florida State (37)
2.  Alabama (21)
3.  Oregon (2)
4.  Mississippi State
5.  Baylor
6.  TCU
7.  Ohio State
8.  Georgia
9.  UCLA
10. Michigan State
11. Kansas State
12. Arizona 
13. Arizona State
14. Wisconsin
15. Auburn
16. Georgia Tech
17. Missouri
18. Ole Miss
19. Marshall
20. Oklahoma
21. Colorado State
22. Minnesota
23. Clemson
24. Louisville
25. Boise State

Lol TCU.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Idiot Kicker posted:

Wyoming used to be one of those teams that would bog us down, and Boise State would have to really work for every point they got. Not the case this season!
Also I'd hate to be that UNLV poster this morning. :(

i'm actually p good since this is closer to hauck getting fired

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it's also one step closer to me not caring about college football since unlv will never be any good

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Its that time of the year

All trophies bow before it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

NippleFloss posted:

They're not nearly as good as they've looked the past two weeks, they just caught an already bad LSU team on an especially bad day, and an Ole Miss team that basically gave up after literally everyone got broken.

Uhh, this is the wrongest of opinions. We had A&M dead to rights and gave that away, lost to Alabama by a missed extra point, and lost to Mississippi State by 7 on the road. We have been fine all year, Georgia game not withstanding, just without the payoff.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Memphis is one step closer to the first 10 win season in program history and winning the american the first conference title since 1979. This owns all the bones

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Is there an opening line yet for UM/OSU? It has to be like 42 points.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Some study has claimed ASU v UA is the most intense rivalry:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/territorial-cup/2014/11/22/asu-football-ua-territorial-cup-pac12/19427691/

or really as the researches say its the most 'focused' rivalry. ASU & UA don't have any of this "oh you're one of our rivals we also play for some other trophy against some other school too" nonsense. You can only have one best friend and only one rival, thats the point of something being the ultimate thing in its category, there's only one of of it! Plus, we've got the oldest rivalry trophy in the land.

gently caress UofA for preventing Arizona State College from becoming a University for years.

gently caress UofA for canceling games because ASU had black players.

gently caress UofA for canceling games because ASU poached recruits out of Tucson.

gently caress UofA for make it so the Phoenix area/ASU weren't allowed to have a medical school (in the nations 6th largest city/12th largest metro area!)

gently caress UofA for vandalizing priceless Native American artifacts in Tempe.

gently caress UofA for bragging about having the all time series record when they racked up most of their wins against a small teachers college that predominately enrolled women.

gently caress UofA for fighting against equalization of per pupil funding.

gently caress UofA, and Tucson, for being jealous petty bitches can't get over that the Valley got the Capitol, the water and the population.

Protect the "A."
Keep the Cup.
And most importantly, gently caress UofA forever.

HooverDam fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 23, 2014

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Its funny that the coaches and AP are acutally righter at the top than the committee

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's hard to get excited about beating up on Kansas during hate week. I mean, it's not like they're actually going to put up a fight, so why bother? :shrug:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Its funny that the coaches and AP are acutally righter at the top than the committee

The coaches and AP don't understand the greatness of Gopher football like the real experts on the committee do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

chaoslord posted:

Uhh, this is the wrongest of opinions. We had A&M dead to rights and gave that away, lost to Alabama by a missed extra point, and lost to Mississippi State by 7 on the road. We have been fine all year, Georgia game not withstanding, just without the payoff.

All of which makes you not nearly as good as a team that pitched two in conference shutouts in a row. You aren't bad, but you are in the bottom half of the division, as your record reflects.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I miss hate week. Come back A&M :(

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Good to see that it outranked such noted heated rivalries as Toledo - Bowling Green and Central Michigan - Western Michigan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RIVALRY WEEK YEAH um... gently caress YOU uh.... Ball State!

:confused:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Sash! posted:

Its that time of the year

All trophies bow before it

I love that silly mutant trophy.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Linguica posted:

Good to see that it outranked such noted heated rivalries as Toledo - Bowling Green and Central Michigan - Western Michigan

Toledo- Bowling Green is the battle for who gets a free meal at Frickers. So....its a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

"Some study" indeed. Not to condone hooliganism, ecoterrorism, murder, or war crimes, but other rivalries have those ingredients as sauce for their respective goose.

• Locked thread