Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Meowbot posted:

Someone have a gif of the Choi fight/knock out?

They'll probably replay it on the broadcast since the fight was so short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Meowbot posted:

Someone have a gif of the Choi fight/knock out?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

they just charge at each other until the weaker one falls over from Something

thank you for succinctly articulating this

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Yuriy posted:

SAKU TIME

Please let us/me know how this goes.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Hoping to see a Thug-Jitsu clinic tonight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I forgot Mike Brown still existed, what does he even do these days?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

I forgot Mike Brown still existed, what does he even do these days?

Pretty sure he has been coaching since he retired. He is in every other fighter's corner.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I do have a soft spot for Edwards.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Pretty sure he has been coaching since he retired. He is in every other fighter's corner.

Yeah he's still very involved at att

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yves :(

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Thanks, sorry I saw the videos but didn't see this link. What a whopper of a punch. I liked the flying knee he did in one of the videos. Featherweight is really getting to be a fun division.

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Oh dear. By armbar too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yves just looks old.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I got sad watching that

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

You're done Yves

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
From being the best lightweight in the world to getting squashed by a TUF 15 washout

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Well that was loving fast. That uppercut looked like it was going to miss. At the end there Edwards looked just done, I think he would have tapped to anything.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I am cry :qq:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's too bad he didn't retire after knocking Stephens silly.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

i can definitely see why people think womens MMA is Fun but its just tiring for me to watch and makes my mind fog over trying to pay attention. I think its because there is literally no footwork in womens MMA, like normally there is a gap that you fight from and there is a rhythm and distancing, theres a game to setting up feints and using range and choosing your technique, even at HW, but in every single womens MMA fight (even Ronda fights) they just charge at each other until the weaker one falls over from Something
Your right m8

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

"motivated Yves Edwards"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i like that guy because he's nice and humble like a samurai

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Food Court Druid posted:

From being the best lightweight in the world to getting squashed by a TUF 15 washout

It's a shame he didn't get anything for murdering Thomson a million years ago

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Poor Edwards, was his chin always this bad or is he just a posterboy for jaw erosion?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Man, poor Cub Swanson's mom. Imagine if your full time job was making sure Cub Swanson didn't do stupid poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Poor Edwards, was his chin always this bad or is he just a posterboy for jaw erosion?

i'm no doctor but 60+ pro fights probably does something to your chin

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

From what I gather from all this pro-Cub promo work, if Frankie wins he might not get that title shot?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It has been touchy for a while unfortunately.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

From what I gather from all this pro-Cub promo work, if Frankie wins he might not get that title shot?

I believe so.

Also, late to the party but holy poo poo this op 5'd so hard

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Chexoid posted:

Man, poor Cub Swanson's mom. Imagine if your full time job was making sure Cub Swanson didn't do stupid poo poo.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

conor mcgregor

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

manyak posted:

i can definitely see why people think womens MMA is Fun but its just tiring for me to watch and makes my mind fog over trying to pay attention. I think its because there is literally no footwork in womens MMA, like normally there is a gap that you fight from and there is a rhythm and distancing, theres a game to setting up feints and using range and choosing your technique, even at HW, but in every single womens MMA fight (even Ronda fights) they just charge at each other until the weaker one falls over from Something

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

conor mcgregorDennis Siver

:colbert:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i remember vick on tuf and they said he was a golden gloves champ and put on the worst boxing display i'd ever seen. then he came into the ufc and looked competent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Does Golden Gloves actually mean anything? Every time I hear it I think "division III wrestler"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Count Roland posted:

Please let us/me know how this goes.

a draw but Sakuraba was thoroughly dominated for all of it

It was really sad and pathetic, Saku moved like a shambling corpse and did nothing

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Does Golden Gloves actually mean anything? Every time I hear it I think "division III wrestler"

It can but usually doesn't. Your edit gets to the heart of it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

depends on the region, sometimes yes, mostly no

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it usually means 'has heard of boxing' though, and vick just hadn't. it was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

not really

• Locked thread