Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Kirby Triple Deluxe, released in 2014 for the 3DS, is the most recent game in the longstanding Kirby series. What's new in Kirby Triple Deluxe Deluxe? Well, how about all of this:
  • It's on the 3DS, so there are all kinds of nice 3D graphical effects and fun uses of the built in tilt sensor!
  • New copy abilities!!
  • it's cute ok!!! i'm not here to make lists

In these videos, I'm going to be doing a more-or-less complete run of Kirby Triple Deluxe Deluxe Deluxe, collecting most of the important collectibles and showing off side games and features. If there are any things you have questions about or want to see demonstrated in a video, please let me know. These requests help keep me alive. I will die if I go more than a week without showing Kirby to somebody.
However, please do not spoil things ahead of time . Let other people enjoy Kirby Triple Deluxe Deluxe Deluxe Deluxe at their own pace.

GOOD KIRBY FEELINGS - DELUXE VIDEO PLAYLIST
  1. Level 1 - Fine Fields
  2. Level 2 - Lollipop Land
  3. Level 3 - Old Odyssey
  4. Level 4 - Wild World
  5. Level 5 - Endless Explosions
  6. Bonus Time - Even More Endless Explosions
  7. Bonus Time - Winners Don't Lose Frogs

Challenges/requests issued so far:
majormonotone: beat every boss with Circus copy ability.
MonsterEnvy: beat final boss with no copy ability.

Remember to love Kirby, and try your best to feel good every day.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
hell fuckin yea bro

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Possibly my favorite Kirby game, other than Kirby superstar. Can't wait to watch once I get off of work.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.
God drat I love this game. Triple Deluxe has been in my 3ds off and on for the past three months, its just too amazing.

McBearson
Apr 29, 2013

Glad we are going on this fun venture with orb friend.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love this game a whole bunch and everyone with a 3ds should be required by law to play it.

I'm not sure if this counts against the no spoiling so lemme know and I'll edit it but will you be doing a full run through of a certain other mode or just a one off?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm guessing you're doing the same thing that Maple Leaf did for his LP of Kid Icarus Uprising and using a 3DS modded with a video capture board, right?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Oh man, Kirby: Triple Deluxe and it's played by Medibot? :swoon:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
This is relevant to my interests.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I love this game a whole bunch and everyone with a 3ds should be required by law to play it.

I'm not sure if this counts against the no spoiling so lemme know and I'll edit it but will you be doing a full run through of a certain other mode or just a one off?

I will be playing through that certain other mode, although I'm not sure if my play through that mode will qualify as a "full run" by your standards. Ask me again once I unlock it.

Chimera-gui posted:

I'm guessing you're doing the same thing that Maple Leaf did for his LP of Kid Icarus Uprising and using a 3DS modded with a video capture board, right?

That's correct. I used the same service as Maple Leaf. There were some slight problems with the capture board initially, but I have not experienced any more trouble with it after sending it back for repairs.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 22, 2014

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
Yes! Triple Deluxe is such a fun game, and there are so many neat little touches laced throughout that make it an experience. I will be following this for sure.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

medibot posted:

That's correct. I used the same service as Maple Leaf. There were some slight problems with the capture board initially, but I have not experienced any more trouble with it after sending it back for repairs.

Okay, I am wondering if this means a possible Squeak Squad and Mass Attack LP could happen since the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

medibot posted:

I will be playing through that certain other mode, although I'm not sure if my play through that mode will qualify as a "full run" by your standards. Ask me again once I unlock it.

Cool! Also maybe pause during boss fights if you remember? There's little bits of story in them and some of the descriptions are fun :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Chimera-gui posted:

Okay, I am wondering if this means a possible Squeak Squad and Mass Attack LP could happen since the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

In the same vein, I'd love to see Medibot and crew use a rig similar to their Four Swords rig to play Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Ladybug Wizard, excuse me. :colbert: You're playing Kirby Triple Deluxe Silver Deluxe, Spider Wizards are exclusive to the Gold version.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chimera-gui posted:

I hope so, because Squeak Squad is a very good Kirby game.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
That's a really fuckin' long video for a Kirby game. Any chance of bite-sizing them a little?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Cryohazard posted:

That's a really fuckin' long video for a Kirby game. Any chance of bite-sizing them a little?

Kirby swallows all his meals whole. Don't you want to be like Kirby?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Davinci posted:

Especially in this game...

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Davinci posted:

My metabolism regrettably does not permit such gluttony, my physiology being that of a human being rather than a sentient cosmic anomaly.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
This is a great game and it's neat to see an LP of it!

Medibot, your positive but calm tone works very well with this game. I'm glad you're showing off some of the nice attention to detail the game has, like Cappy being sad when you steal his hat. :3: Also, you're way better at timing the goal game than I am! Though like ThisIsACoolGuy said, it would be great to see you show more of the neat details the game has like the descriptions during the boss fights and some of the other things the game has to offer in the future.

Looking forward to the next episode!

CatsPajamas fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 23, 2014

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
I'm planning to go into the bosses in a bit more depth after the main story. Please be patient. There will always be more videos.

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
Kirby is always fun! :toot:

Does this portend any eventual, as in far future updates for ff13-13?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
New Kirby LP from Medibot?

Delicious!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Kirby is a cool dude and he stars in good games, these are my controversial opinions.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Proposition Joe posted:

Kirby is a cool dude and he stars in good games, these are my controversial opinions.
I disagree! Kirby is in fact a good dude and he stars in cool games.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
This is delightful. Medibot should go into kids' TV.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
After listening to the soundtrack across a solid four months, it's going to be interesting getting deja vu while seeing stuff for the first time.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This game is pretty. :3:

Anyway, the foreground/background thing, that same idea was first done in Virtualboy Wario Land, I think. Nice to see Nintendo finally got the hardware to make it look good, too.

The game does seem to have very long levels, maybe an entire world per video is a bit too much.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 23, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This game is a cautionary tale about weeding your garden regularly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress yeah Kirby.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just curious, are you gonna cover the eShop versions of the side-games, too?

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Green Intern posted:

This game is a cautionary tale about weeding your garden regularly.

As an expert Botanist, I expect medibot to expound on all the botanical details of gardening vis a vis this game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This game looks like a lot more fun than some of the more recent entries. They're really pushing the 3D angle, but it works, especially on how they use it to spice up the traditional Level 1 boss.

Kirby seems a lot meaner though! Those poor impaled dudes on his beetle horn are very upset and the look of terror on those caterpillars before they get devoured is concerning :ohdear:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Hey, Medibot and Kirby together again. I love this game. Is there any chance we can get some of the download-only spinoff games covered too?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I have been on the fence about getting this game, so I am glad you are LPing it.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
I wasn't planning on covering the download-only spinoff games, as they are their own separate entities. I'll see how I feel about it after I finish the main things I want to cover.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I'm already lovin' this, Medibot, mainly because it feels like you are reading a childrens book back to us. I think you hit the correct mental age group for us kirby lovers.

Edit: Also the beetle power makes me think of the suplex power from the NES version... which, if I remember, you also got from a beetle.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 23, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Suplex is the best power thus beetle is the best power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Suplex is the best power thus beetle is the best power.

You, Sir, are a learned person. Do you have some sort of degree... in kirbology?

• Locked thread