Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
(We also need fishing nets, plenty of rope, spare sails, spare oars...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

RandomPauI posted:

(We also need fishing nets, plenty of rope, spare sails, spare oars...)

Good thinking, thanks!

This is the time for anything else that we may have forgotten. Please feel free to chime in people!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Current Total Wealth cost:

Mandatory
Food - 3 tons - 1 wealth
Lumbering Tools - 2 sets x 1 wealth
Mining Tools - 2 sets x 1 wealth
Fishing Nets - 2 nets x 1 wealth
Ship Repair Supplies - 1 sail + 10 oars x 6 wealth
Mapping Parchment + Ink - ??? wealth
Total - 13 wealth

Optional
Trade Goods - 2 wealth?
Mead - 1 wealth
Total - 3 wealth

Current Grand Total - 16 wealth (out of 20)
Edit: Buying two sets of tools for maximum utility.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 25, 2014

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
For sod you need shovels. I'm going to say that unless a PC can do it, you don't have access to outside experts, since most people in Greenland are just farmers and there are very few tradesmen. Fishing nets would be 1 wealth for a really big, nice one. A spare sail would be 5 wealth and take up 1 ton of space. Spare oars would be 1 wealth for ten.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
My duder is a stonemason so I can do some stone related stuff.

I suggest we buy some psychadelic mushrooms to get high with any natives we may encounter. I am sure that nothing bad will happen with a vikingboat full of bored vikings and shrooms.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Commoners posted:

My duder is a stonemason so I can do some stone related stuff.

I suggest we buy some psychadelic mushrooms to get high with any natives we may encounter. I am sure that nothing bad will happen with a vikingboat full of bored vikings and shrooms.

Don't worry, Hækja will flatly refuse anything stronger than mead and protect you when you're all tripping balls

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
i'm not buying your mushrooms you loving hippie get your own

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

i'm not buying your mushrooms you loving hippie get your own

Your negative vibes will not stop me, you rich white man.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If anyone wants to talk to me, send me an email or pm. Won't be on IRC for a while.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Some tips for making goals next time. When you're doing goals, consider what you are trying to accomplish and who your target is. In a game like this, certain goals will directly affect someone else whether they like it or not, this is a good goal. Some examples might be, 'kill someone' or 'steal something from someone' or 'insult someone'. Other goals rely on the person you are targeting to agree with your goal. For example 'get to know Thor' or 'Become friends with Wimble'. These goals will always fail because you can't force another person to consider you a friend. The only difference here is that stuff I consider bragging in the sense of trying to increase your renown will work, as it's a general stat rather than one person's opinion. So a goal like, 'tell everyone about my amazing exploits to increase my renown' will function as a goal, versus, 'Convince Leifr I am his best friend' which will not work as it's something you would need to establish through RP. I can't force him to consider you a best friend, or an anything, that is what you accomplish via your own actions.

As for the NPCs on the ship, consider them flesh golems. They are basically immune to contact and serve more as warm bodies for rowing. If the crew has a civil war and 2/3 of the PCs are on one side, then 2/3 of the NPCs will be on that side. If two characters fight, the NPCs will sit and watch. If the ship is attacked by someone else, the NPCs will defend the group in general, but will not favor anyone. So focus your goals on the PCs in the game.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I HAVE INITIATED THE RITES OF VIKING RAP BATTLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAOkDamRzU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Everything Counts posted:

She returns the other woman's weak smile, reaching out to take her shoulder. "If my words have caused you consternation or sadness, I am sorry. Let me make it up to you. In celebration tonight I am sure the men shall want a grand feast to go with the mead Bjarni is passing about. You've spent so much time in the kitchen; let me help you tonight."

Nice try Sneaky Pete.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are we about to witness our own version of Epic Rap Battles of History?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xFOmYxKYw

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
This game's theme song should be the The Fountain of Lamneth.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
If anyone is interested, and even if you're not, wikipedia provides Rules for old Norse skaldic poetry.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Here I am with formerly an unnamed rower, now a conniving bastard who is completely useless when it comes to sailing and fighting.

NAME: Beiti Daugursson Age: 24
NAVIGATION: 1 COMBAT: 1
COMMERCE: 4 DIPLOMACY: 3
RENOWN: 0
RELIGION: Norse
DIRECTION: Opportunist, when opportunity knocks and you see the chance to profit, you'll take it no questions asked.
DETAILS: A scheming rat-bastard, Beiti may be smart enough to know that the success of the expedition is his success, but he's also smart enough to know that that shouldn't be an impediment to profiting any way he can. You should not purchase used tools from this man under any circumstances.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
OK you're good to go NewMars, feel free to start posting in the thread. He is an NPC rower that has suddenly gained a personality.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

quote:

As Chief I am of course in charge of resource distribution but those who joined me on this first voyage will certainly be well rewarded.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect? Surely you control the resources of your own settlement, of which our camp is the center, but the silver is not located on your land. It is unclaimed land. Any man could, legally and rightly, go and claim it for his own. This is why we need to get an agreement up and running re: its division.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
I would imagine that what is "legally correct" in this case is a disputable point and subject to The Politics of the Game.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
I'm trying to find out on Wikipedia if Erik the Red was considered Chief of the whole of Greenland, apparently "little is known" about the Western Settlement though.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

Being Chief is not synonymous with "I own everything I set my gaze on" though.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

seems like the "western settlement" is the wild west. FSAD should make this thing into a spaghetti western.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Well obviously people can RP however they want but if the mine is close at hand to the settlement then the resources being managed by the town's leadership would be a natural starting point I'd reckon.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Yeah I'm gonna have to go with Leif can say whatever he wants and we'll see if people accept that because that's about the level of political legitimacy we're dealing with here.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
VINLAND THE GOOD - OOC/RECRUITMENT/RULES

The game has begun, check out http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683228 for IC posts and turn information. This thread is for OOC discussion, questions, rules, etc

Check out #vinland on SynIRC, get help for questions, hang out and experience fun viking chat
You can connect with the mIRC client or go to https://www.mibbit.com

If you wish to join the game, feel free to check out existing characters then make your own. The rules for making characters can be found below in the rules.

Vinland the Good is part roleplaying game, part 4X (Explore, Exploit, Expand, Exterminate), part countrysim. You will play a character (either one from the options below or one of your own making) as you try to make your mark on the world. This is a sandbox game, with goals you set for yourself. Perhaps you want to establish a Norse pagan realm free from Christianity, become the chieftain of Greenland, build a stable settlement in Vinland, or the richest man in the North Atlantic by importing wood from Markland to Iceland. It's completely up to you.

HOW DO YOU PLAY THE GAME?
The game will operate in two distinct phases. First will be a time of posting. Then I will call an end to the posting, and people will have 24 hours to get their turns in to me, which will consist of the goals your character seeks to accomplish this turn. After the goals have been processed, we will return to the posting phase to roleplay out the result of everyone's goals.

Each 'turn' you will have one base goal you can set for the turn. For quality in-character posting, you can gain an extra goal each turn, I will inform everyone who has gained an extra goal when I declare that the posting phase is over. In addition, each character has a 'direction' which gives you an idea of their motivations and goals. You have an optional goal each turn you can use, so long as that goal is dedicated to your direction. You do not have to use this direction-goal, it's an optional choice. These goals will be sent to me, via PM or email (ccferrara@gmail.com). You should communicate and discuss with your co-players what you'd like to accomplish together each turn.

Example of Turn Report
To: ccferrara@gmail.com
Subject: Leifr Eiríkssonr Turn 1
Goal #1: Navigate our ship westwards as far as possible until we sight land
Goal #2 (Posting): Try to fish during the trip, to increase our food supplies
Goal #3 (Direction): Thordar is always disagreeing with my ideas. As leader, I will challenge him to a fight, to show him that I am the leader.

Note that the direction-goal is directly related to Leifr's direction (Leadership, you seek to gain the position of leadership in every endeavour and abide no challenges).

SETTING
The year is approximately A.D. 1000. King Olaf Tryggvason of Norway has sent Leifr Eiríkssonr, son of Eirikr the Red, chief of Greenland, to bring Christianity to the people of Greenland. On his way to the island, he is blown well off course, and sights a land which had been described some fifteen years earlier by the merchant Bjarni Herjólfsson, a land of trees, neither covered by snow nor ice. Bjarni had not set foot on that land, eager to make his way to Greenland, for which he was often mocked by the Greenlanders for cowardice and overcaution. Leifr explores some of the land, and finds it fair and rich in resources. Yet he can not stay, and makes his way back to Greenland, seeking a path along the sea, he is lucky to return. Rescuing several shipwrecked and desperate sailors on his return to Greenland, Leifr is given the nickname, "Leif the Lucky". Finally, he makes shore at his home of Greenland, deposits the islands's first Christian priest, and together they proceed with the evangelization of the people in the Christian faith. Yet Leifr can not forget the mysterious land to the west. Soon after, Leifr chances to meet Bjarni Herjólfsson, and they discuss the lands that both have sighted. Bjarni has no strong desire to lead an expedition west, but he sells his Snekkja longship to Leifr, who begins the outfitting of an expedition.

CREWING YOUR EXPEDITION
A big part of the game is exploring on your ship, sailing from place to place. Ships must be adequately crewed, and the players who take up important positions on the ships should have appropriate stats. A chief is the owner of the ship and leader of the expedition. He has no specific stat related to this position. A styrimaðr's (steer mate or skipper) chief stat is navigation, his job is to enforce the rules of the ship, navigate the ship according to the position of the sun, stars, landmarks, winds and currents. A matsveina's (ship's cook) chief stat is commerce, his job is to ensure the adequate supply of the ship's provisions, as well as oversee any cargo. A hirdman's (hired man or mercenary) chief stat is combat, his job is to be the right-hand warrior who leads the men into battle at the behest of his chief. A skald's (akin to a Celtic bard) chief stat is diplomacy, his job is to enhance the reputation of the chief, entertain the men, deal with disputes, and record or remember those things and events which are worthy of remembrance. Each of these four positions will gain its occupier renown, and all expect to gain a far larger share of any profit than the common crew. A ship which operates without one of these five important positions may experience some difficulties, depending on circumstances.

SAILING
The map consists of both explored and unexplored land. Sailing across explored hexes takes approximately 1 day per tile. When sailing along tiles where currents (yellow arrows) pass however, speed is doubled. Ships generally hugged the coastlines as much as possible, seeking to make any crossing at the shortest possible distance, though keeping currents in mind. A passage from Greenland east to Iceland for example, might take approximately two days from a starting position on the Greenland coast, following the arrow towards Iceland. Sailing across unexplored hexes progresses much more slowly, taking one hex every three days, as unknown currents, winds, rocks and shoals make navigation dangerous. The navigation stat of your ship's styrimaðr will also have an effect on your ability to discover currents, successfully cross open seas, weather storms and more.

EQUIPMENT
Every man taking sail on a Norse ship was expected to have a Húdfat (a heavy sleeping bag fit for two men), a shield and three weapons (an axe, a longsword and a spear). I will assume that the ship will have access to normal stuff for no cost, but you will have to request it to specifically be added to your ship before you set out, and once you're out without it, that's all you get. Special stuff like the tools to build a town, set up a forge, mining equipment, livestock, seed, horses, will need to be gained either through barter or purchase from me.

CHARACTERS
You may choose any character from this list. Claim them in the thread. I have the right to reject your claim if necessary, but I doubt that I will, so presume that once someone claims a character that character is claimed. You may also request to create your own character, who will begin with a RENOWN of 0. You don't need to ask if you can make a character, just make one and post it in the thread (be clear it's your own character), and I will check it out to make sure it's alright. Each character has 9 points to distribute between the four stats (navigation, combat, commerce and diplomacy). Each stat must be at least a 1 and can not be more than a 4. Religion can be either Norse or Christian.

When you choose a character, please find or make a 150 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall picture of your character.

NAME: Leifr Eiríkssonr AGE: 30
PLAYER: Reaganball Z
NAVIGATION: 3 COMBAT: 3
COMMERCE: 1 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: 115 WEALTH: 0
RELIGION: Christian
DIRECTION: Leadership, you seek to gain the position of leadership in every endeavour and abide no challenges
DETAILS: Son of Eirikr the Red, sighted Vinland when blown off-course, he is intent on returning, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson

NAME: Tyrker AGE: 54
PLAYER: Shogeton
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 3
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: X (Thrall) WEALTH: 3
DIRECTION: Loyal Servant, you are a faithful thrall of the family of Eirikr the Red, with a special affinity for Leifr
DETAILS: Thrall of Eirikr the Red, foster father of Leif Eirikssonr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrker

NAME: Þorvaldr Eirikssonr AGE: 26
PLAYER: Paper With Lines
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 4
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 1
RENOWN: 65
DIRECTION: Honorable, you are punctilious about honor, piety, duty and the morality of Norse culture
DETAILS: Son of Eirikr the Red, an honorable man, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorvald_Eiriksson

NAME: Þorsteinn Eirikssonr AGE: 20
PLAYER: Ramba Ral
NAVIGATION: 4 COMBAT: 2
COMMERCE: 1 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: 35
DIRECTION: Viking, a life of adventure suits you well, you yearn for a life plying the seas
DETAILS: Son of Eirikr the Red, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorstein_Eiriksson

NAME: Guðríður Þorbjarnardóttir AGE: 20
PLAYER: Rauri
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 1
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 4
RENOWN: 25
DIRECTION: Wife, you wish to settle down and build a prosperous home
DETAILS: Rescued by Lief on his return from Vinland, recently widowed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudrid_Thorbjarnard%C3%B3ttir
INSULTS: Freydís Eiríksdóttir

NAME: Bjarni Herjólfsson AGE: 43
PLAYER: A RICH WHITE MAN
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 2
COMMERCE: 3 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: 0 WEALTH: 0
DIRECTION: Cautious, you do not like to do anything without careful planning and forethought
DETAILS: First to sight Vinland, he didn't stop to explore, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjarni_Herj%C3%B3lfsson
INSULTED: Beiti Daugursson took the house you believe is rightfully yours

NAME: Þorfinnr "Karlsefni" Þórðarson AGE: 20
PLAYER: sniper4625
COMMERCE: 3 DIPLOMACY: 3
RENOWN: 25
DIRECTION: Honest Merchant, you seek a prosperous life through fair dealing and honest business
DETAILS: A merchant of good repute, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Eorfinnr_%22Karlsefni%22_%C3%9E%C3%B3r%C3%B0arson

NAME: Þorvardr AGE: 23
PLAYER: rakovsky maybe rakovskymaybe@gmail.com
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: 10
DIRECTION: Guardian, you seek to protect your friends and family with careful planning and preparation
DETAILS: Eirikr the Red's son-in-law, married to Freydís, http://sagadb.org/eiriks_saga_rauda.en (Chapter 8, Paragraph 2)
HUSKIES: Yes, 2

NAME: Freydís Eiríksdóttir AGE: 21
PLAYER: Everything Counts
COMMERCE: 3 DIPLOMACY: 1
RENOWN: 20
DIRECTION: Ambitious, you will do whatever it takes to gain wealth, power and glory
DETAILS: Eirikr the Red's natural daughter, married to Þorvardr (above), an ambitious and merciless woman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyd%C3%ADs_Eir%C3%ADksd%C3%B3ttir
INSULTS: Hækja

NAME: Þorhall the Sportsman AGE: 49
PLAYER: Epicurius
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 4
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 1
DIRECTION: Self-centered, you believe you are always right, a genius surrounded by fools, they are all beneath you, or should be...
DETAILS: Eirikr the Red's friend, a dour and deceitful man, http://sagadb.org/eiriks_saga_rauda.en (Chapter 8, Paragraph 2)

NAME: Haki AGE: 24
PLAYER: vanukar
NAVIGATION: 2 COMBAT: 2
COMMERCE: 1 DIPLOMACY: 4
RENOWN: X (Thrall)
DIRECTION: Missionary, your goal is to see the Christian faith propagated throughout heathen lands
DETAILS: A male Scottish thrall gifted to Leifr by King Olaf Tryggvason, http://sagadb.org/eiriks_saga_rauda.en (Chapter 8, Paragraph 5)

NAME: Hækja AGE: 27
PLAYER: Pththya-lyi
NAVIGATION: 3 COMBAT: 1
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 3
RENOWN: X (Thrall)
DIRECTION: Missionary, your goal is to see the Christian faith propagated throughout heathen lands
DETAILS: A female Scottish thrall gifted to Leifr by King Olaf Tryggvason, http://sagadb.org/eiriks_saga_rauda.en (Chapter 8, Paragraph 5)

NAME: Maharg the Whitehead AGE: 32
PLAYER: RandomPauI
NAVIGATION: 4 COMBAT: 1
COMMERCE: 1 DIPLOMACY: 3
RENOWN: 0 (Thrall) WEALTH: 3
DIRECTION: Loyal Servant, you are a faithful thrall of Bjarni Herjólfsson, and seek comfort and safety in his employ
DETAILS: Maharg's hair went white prematurely, hence the name. In his heart he thinks there is no God, a belief he adopted after witnessing the cruelty of Christians and Vikings alike. Sentenced to death on for disobeying his ship's captain as a fifteen year old. He had the "good fortune" of not drowning at sea long enough to be "rescued" by Eric the Red. He was enthralled, and eventually sold to Bjarni.

Name: Ásgeir Þórarinsson AGE:24
PLAYER: Pladdicus adamcaverhill@gmail.com
NAVIGATION: 1 COMBAT: 3
COMMERCE: 1 DIPLOMACY: 4
RENOWN: +10
DIRECTION: Adventurer, you are a man who is thirsty for tales of adventure and great deeds to add to your name
DETAILS: Ásgeir is a young man with little to his name or family, with such few ties to the world where else could he find himself but seeking his fortune and fame on such an expedition? He likes a good tale and a drink among friends as much as he likes a good fight, and he likes a good fight.
INSULTS: Þorhall the Sportsman

NAME: Swiþhun (or Swithin) of York AGE: 42
PLAYER: Friar John arujeisa@gmail.com
COMMERCE: 4 DIPLOMACY: 2
RENOWN: 5 WEALTH: 1 (trade goods)
DIRECTION: Merchant, looking for the break that will see him truly rich.
DETAILS: Fame? What is fame besides a warm hearth and a full bed? But with things getting bad in Anglia, due to the King's incompetence, it might not be a bad idea to hare off with the Northmen for a while and wait for things to die down. Wasn't so long ago the Danelaw ruled the North, and Swithin's dealt with plenty of them. Who knows, maybe Swithin might find some gold out there...

NAME: Þórsteinn 'Stonemason' Tryggvissonr Age: 28
PLAYER: Commoners
COMMERCE: 3 DIPLOMACY: 4
DIRECTION: Stone mason, longhouses rot, ships sink, paper burns, men die, but a runestone never fades. Truth must be etched and chiseled for all to know for the rest of time.
DETAILS: He makes the claim that he has seen everything, though such cannot be spoken of- only chiseled into stone. It is likely the mushrooms doing the talking for him.

NAME: Beiti Daugursson Age: 24
COMMERCE: 4 DIPLOMACY: 3
RENOWN: 20 WEALTH: 3
DIRECTION: Opportunist, when opportunity knocks and you see the chance to profit, you'll take it no questions asked.
DETAILS: A scheming rat-bastard, Beiti may be smart enough to know that the success of the expedition is his success, but he's also smart enough to know that that shouldn't be an impediment to profiting any way he can. You should not purchase used tools from this man under any circumstances.

THE SHIP
Currently, only Leifr Eiríkssonr has access to a ship, formerly the possession of Bjarni Herjólfsson. It should be christened with a new name, as well as an appropriate symbol for its sail. It would look approximately like this:

SHIP: Manfred TYPE: Snekkja (30 man longship)
CHIEF: Liefr Eiríkssonr QUALITY: Poor
STYRIMAÐR: Þorsteinn Eirikssonr
MATSVEINA: Bjarni Herjólfsson
HIRDMAN: Þorvaldr Eirikssonr
SKALD: Ásgeir Þórarinsson
HOLUMENN: 30/30 (16 PCs, 14 NPCs)
HISTORY: A battered longship which has been functioning as an undermanned trade vessel for some decades. Under the cautious leadership of Bjarni Herjólfsson, the ship never made a great profit, and he was happy to sell it to Leifr Eiríkssonr to assist in paying off his remaining debts. Leifr considers the ship lucky, having already been blown towards the unknown lands to the west.
SUPPLIES: 10/20 tons
Food - 3 tons (30 days)
Water - Unlimited
Lumbering Tools - 2 sets \
Mining Tools - 2 sets - 1 ton
Fishing Nets - 2 nets /
Ship Repair Supplies - 1 sail + 10 oars - 2 ton
Vellum + Ink
Trade Goods - 1 ton
Mead - 1 ton
Nails - 1 ton
Rope - 1 tons
Lumber - 7 tons
FLAG:

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

NAME: Guðríður Þorbjarnardóttir AGE: 20
PLAYER: Rauri
COMMERCE: 2 DIPLOMACY: 4
DIRECTION: Wife, you wish to settle down and build a prosperous home
DETAILS: Rescued by Lief on his return from Vinland, recently widowed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudrid...rnard%C3%B3ttir

The stalkings will continue until she makes progress on this or you shoot her down, Pladdicus.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Some questions:

1. Can we make a generic building team and then set a task order so if they finish they'll move on to something else?

2. Can we start the next RP in June so that we can go sailing in case we get everything done we wanted?

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
1. Sure that's fine, so long as they agree to work on the tasks in their orders.

2. No, you can't skip over the winter, you don't have enough food to last the whole winter. I won't do it month by month necessarily but, there has to be something.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Fair enough but didn't we skip over the last winter or was that a typo?

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Not really, you were in Greenland so resources weren't a problem per se, I just moved us up to the sailing time at the very start of the game.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Since no one IC volunteered to come with me to find indians because they are too busy cutting down trees or w/e, how many NPCs can I assume came with?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are 15 players and 15 npcs if I remember right, so one.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

I also led the first expedition to find them and am leifr's brother, so it might not be a strict 1-1. Depending on what Leifr / FSAD say of course.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
THink of NPCs as being semi-retarded, you might be better off going stealthily on your own.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
I'm off to see Ashley MacIsaac so between the coming hangover and tithing social obligations to the normals I might not be able to post this tomorrow:

Happy Kwanzaa everyone!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Happy new years, Vinland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

do you intend on picking this back up, fsad? if so you should post in the IC thread, keep it from falling into archives

• Locked thread