Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
hunger games is way more entertaining but it isnt smart but i dont need it to be smart so there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I really liked it.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the whole series is mostly about a girl manipulating people to things for her because she is a oval office. She also leads 2 different dudes on for the sole purpose of using them when she needs to. I never finished the third book because the first edition i was reading was full of a million grammar errors and was pretty much poo poo.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I have to watch this movie because "wife". My life...

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

MrMidnight posted:

I have to watch this movie because "wife". My life...

so they add any nude scenes or they realize no one cares about the main actress now that they saw her naked for free?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

TOILETLORD posted:

the whole series is mostly about a girl manipulating people to things for her because she is a oval office. She also leads 2 different dudes on for the sole purpose of using them when she needs to. I never finished the third book because the first edition i was reading was full of a million grammar errors and was pretty much poo poo.

She marries peeta at the end because gale and beetee kill her sister and then she's like I don't really like peeta but he's a nice guy

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

so they add any nude scenes or they realize no one cares about the main actress now that they saw her naked for free?

i know that's all I think about now when I see her dumb face everywhere

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

In the movie President Snow leaks hot nude pics of Katniss to discredit the rebellion.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

krampster2 posted:

Hunger Games is like the family friendly version of Battle Royale

probably a cool opinion to have in your post-ba mid-twenties/thirty something office environment, but no

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i read the first two books and if you can get over the fact that the reading level is pretty much geared to the audience it is aiming at, they're not bad

the last book was whatever, didn't like it so much. splitting it into two movies makes sense.

not a surprise that the third movie is not great

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Really not enjoying the fact that I don't know why my posts are in golden quotes. Don't like stuff going over my head.

krampster2 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 23, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

krampster2 posted:

Really not enjoying the fact that I don't know why my posts are in golden quotes. Don't like stuff going over my head.

new feature so we can feel like we get a gold star. because lowtax is a genius.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

new feature so we can feel like we get a gold star. because lowtax is a genius.

okay cool I'm going to print all my golden posts and put them on the fridge so my mum can see what a good job i did

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bollig posted:

Read the first book, saw the first movie, watched the second movie.

But this poo poo, mah laws. So bad. According to my idiot wife, the second part of the book is just a whirlwind of twists.

lol

i will :filez: it instead op

god bless

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Hate myself for reading the books. I think it's the only YA fiction I read after middle school. However it's funny that everyone I spoke to who read the books had to go back and reread the part where jlaw's sister gets bombed to death. Much like my post it was horribly written and extremely confusing.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
life is futile and the actions of the people in that universe is counter intuitive

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

jlaw's tits and poosay

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i only saw the first one, but i really didn't give a drat whether any of the characters lived or died because they didn't make a single one of them interesting enough for me to care

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
what was better the movie or seeing her rear end in a top hat?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TOILETLORD posted:

lol welcome to the age of million dollar science fiction franchises by and for women. I'm so worried about my nephew... :smith:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i want to write terrible fiction for women

it all seems to be 5th grade level

problem is i cant just hire preteen girls to write this stuff cause i will be arrested by the fbi

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Just got back. Yep sucked.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I saw the trailer when I went to see something else recently and there was a part where a character shot down an f-16 with a Rambo fire arrow and I knew I didn't need to see it cause I'd just seen the coolest part

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trees and Squids posted:

never seen any of these movies but i assume they were made for retarded babies?

well it's a movie made in the past 10 years or so

etalian posted:

The on-location shooting for district 12 naturally took place in the deep south.

that had more to do with tax incentives making it cheaper than rendering a cgi forest or shooting in eastern europe

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 23, 2014

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Top City Homo posted:

problem is i cant just hire preteen girls to write this stuff cause i will be arrested by the fbi

anne... uh... .... the lestat, interviews with a vampire woman. she writes incredibly bad fanfic for ladies and scrote-less men (includes me some days) that sells a billion copies. and reads as at least a little more literate than YA stuff. you might want to mimic her?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nathilus posted:

anne... uh... .... the lestat, interviews with a vampire woman. she writes incredibly bad fanfic for ladies and scrote-less men (includes me some days) that sells a billion copies. and reads as at least a little more literate than YA stuff. you might want to mimic her?

this is good advice anne rice wrote interview with a vampire which was a movie i enjoyed as a teenage boy

problem is there was a girl who was forever a prepubescent child who started to act super mature and sexual and that was the focus

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
here is the synopsis of a terrible story i made up

have like this powerful werewolf character who fights a secret war with a secret order of humans and then one day on a hunt, have his woman seriously wounded with only a human wizard can heal her. so for safety he gets the daughter of the wizard as a hostage.

but he falls in love with the daughter who cruelly manipulates him more and more and now he has to fight his urge to murder and eat her but also gently caress her and protect her ( women get off on the whole dangerous dude archetype)

and then there should be like a dilemma between betraying his wolf wife and society and at the same time falling deeply into animilistic sex lust

pretty sure women will eat that poo poo up

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I should clarify, I watched the second movie just yesterday while I was doing something else, would have legit liked to have seen Jena Malone nekkid.

I saw this in Europe, where they do like intermissions where you can pee and get ice cream and poo poo, and half the loving theater was doing the Mockingjay whistle thing.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I saw half of the first movie then it sucked so hard that I had to turn it off.

Obviously not stupid enough to see movie 2-4 or w/e or strain my eyes reading them books.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nm

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 23, 2014

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

?!?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I edited it cause it doesnt appear stephanie meyers has ever set foot in texas so i dont know if my mom was confused or drunk or what.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Top City Homo posted:

have like this powerful werewolf character who fights a secret war with a secret order of humans and then one day on a hunt, have his woman seriously wounded with only a human wizard can heal her. so for safety he gets the daughter of the wizard as a hostage.

but he falls in love with the daughter who cruelly manipulates him more and more and now he has to fight his urge to murder and eat her but also gently caress her and protect her ( women get off on the whole dangerous dude archetype)

and then there should be like a dilemma between betraying his wolf wife and society and at the same time falling deeply into animilistic sex lust

stealing this idea

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Your post coulda stayed, i ended up mini toxxing myself anyway

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

Your post coulda stayed, i ended up mini toxxing myself anyway

im sorry i don't know what you're talking about sir. good day.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Top City Homo posted:

I like it, but you need a strong male character for him to have Unsubtle Sexual Tension with. This isn't for most women, but the significant subset of women who are more comfortable with the idea of two men or manlike beings boning than they are thinking about having sex themselves.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Never saw or read any Hunger Games because I already saw Battle Royale, but what's with Jennifer Lawrence's face in the X-Men movies?

It looks like she's wearing a rubber mask of her face. Something unnatural about it.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

burritolingus posted:

Never saw or read any Hunger Games because I already saw Battle Royale, but what's with Jennifer Lawrence's face in the X-Men movies?

It looks like she's wearing a rubber mask of her face. Something unnatural about it.

That's not weird at all. I wear a rubber JLaw mask all the time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Top City Homo posted:

sorry it was closer to 3rd grade level most american high schoolers graduate being able to read 6th grade or lower, if you want your book to be a hit it has to also be at a very low reading level.

• Locked thread