Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
or any meat really is a travesty

I like my meat tender and juicy all across my grill haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
medium rare is good. i also like rare.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
medium right on the edge of medium-rare wheres no blood but maximum juices. lightly pink in color ftw

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
blood is good. go drink some. hail satan

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
there's never any blood, it's muscle juice, duh.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A properly cooked well done steak is good but of course properly cooked medium rare is better still

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Well done is hard to get right. So hard, in fact, you could say it s RARE

ahahaha

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I like to eat steak tartar from a tin can it is literally the most French thing you can do

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
daaaamn, op. i aint seen u post in hella days

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
steak is a dish best served as raw as possible while remaining easy to chew

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
if you give any semblance of a poo poo about how anyone anywhere enjoys their steak then you might want to consider jumping off a tall building

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
somebody remembers me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i live an apt and dont have an outside grill

i cant really grill steaks properly without setting off the fire alarm

p. sad

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if you give any semblance of a poo poo about how anyone anywhere enjoys their steak then you might want to consider jumping off a tall building

but but people who eat it with A1 are doing it so very wrong!

I have to police peoples' taste buts :qqsay:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what if the tragedy of 9/11 could have been prevented by a better in-flight meal?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Izumi Konata posted:

what if the tragedy of 9/11 could have been prevented by a better in-flight meal?

possible but highly unlikely imho

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Izumi Konata posted:

did they serve pork?

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

TEAYCHES posted:

p. sad

my apts have like one of those campground charcoal grills. I could also get a better one but it's doing well for now. neighbors get hella jealous when I be openly grill(trill)in some burgers or w/e

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tussin Grimace posted:

ok op try to have a porterhouse rare

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

p. sad

Get a little Coleman going on that choice little patio you have

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really care how people prefer to eat anything but I'm still baffled when anyone likes any sort of meat burned to a crisp. It all just ends up tasting like indistinguishable charcoal or gristle. Some people even like toast black and crumbly I just don't understand

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

p. sad

Get a cast iron skillet and some oil with a high smoke point (safflower oil is good) and cook steak with impunity.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Medium-rare is the perfect doneness for steak. It also seems to be very difficult to achieve. In the past 5 years, I have had exactly one steak that was [b]actually[/] medium-rare. And it was delicious.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

Get a little Coleman going on that choice little patio you have

then i have to get coal and poo poo and clean that poo poo up and what a hassle. i just want to cast iron steak without causing concern in the hallway

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

Get a cast iron skillet and some oil with a high smoke point (safflower oil is good) and cook steak with impunity.

wont the fat from the steak cause much of the smoke

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
well done steak. three cheers for steak

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

wont the fat from the steak cause much of the smoke
listen, I'm no food scientist and I wish people would stop claiming that I am. I just know that even though my smoke alarm goes off every time I make toast, I haven't had a single incident since I started using safflower oil on my steaks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tussin Grimace posted:

The Guy from Harlem says otherwise. Are you gonna disagree with that cat who's a bad dude?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

i smoke up my place when i make steaks and idgaf

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Pretty much just season it and eat it. No need for the whole cooking thing.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I once went on a DATE WITH A GIRL and she ordered a fillet mignon well done. I politely finished dinner and payed the tab and subsequently never called her again. That's my steak story.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

exmorte posted:

I once went on a DATE WITH A GIRL and she ordered a fillet mignon well done. I politely finished dinner and payed the tab and subsequently never called her again. That's my steak story.

cool

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

exmorte posted:

You already paid for that poo poo, why didn't you take her home first and then never call her again?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Well-done steak eater spotted.

Went on a chuck wagon/trail ride at Custer State Park (or Yellowstone? I forget which) and before the cookout in the middle of nowhere, the cowboys asked for everyone to stand up who wanted their steaks well-done. Some people stood up. Then they pulled out a noose and asked them all to come forward to claim their reward... ha ha that was the joke.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

exmorte posted:

She never called you either though to be fair you were the sweaty guy who got drunk on bellinis and ate raw meat

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

mookface posted:

She never called you either though to be fair you were the sweaty guy who got drunk on bellinis and ate raw meat

I can't help that sweat builds up in my folds. Tis a rough life. And it was high life b/c I'm classy.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

troubled teen posted:

blood is good. go drink some. hail satan
this post convinced me to order my steak rare

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You didn't kill that cow yourself, eating it rare doesn't make you more of a man

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
yes it does

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

exmorte posted:

Are you sure it wasn't because you'd realized that she's used to finer things that you can afford to provide for her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

medium rare is best for steaks, medium is best for hamburgers

• Locked thread