Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enzeen
Sep 23, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

steak, it's whats for supper

I dont know if you could tell from my last few posts, but I'm a guy who makes a lot of food for people who I don't know. I think steak is a great choice for dinner! You're one of my favourites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

gnarlyhotep posted:

steak, it's whats for supper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQynViAF6Ds

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Steak nazis are almost as bad as pizza nazis, OP

That being said, I don't trust anyone to make a well done steak without it being dry and chewy as gently caress

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
my mom is a good cook otherwise but never trims the steak so the drat things are like 1/3 inedible fat whenever she makes them. my horrid mother...

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

my mom is a good cook otherwise but never trims the steak so the drat things are like 1/3 inedible fat whenever she makes them. my horrid mother...

I love steak fat

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

So ask for a steak knife and cut your own food. Cut the umbilical cord already.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
medium-rare is where its at

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

Aesop Poprock posted:

you leave the fat on while it's cooking at least so there's more juice in the steak and the juice drips into the fire and provides flavor. also you can cut your own steak if you are an adult.

flavor juice is pretty much the key and cooking it out is savage

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Noyemi K posted:

Well done is hard to get right. So hard, in fact, you could say it s RARE

ahahaha

steak puns: a rare medium well-done

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
how do you guys feel about steak in sauce

eg steak au poivre or steak diane?

i find they're delicious ways to use tenderloin, but for ribeye i am a traditionalist and only use salt/pepper and a light coating of oil

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
i feel the plebeian internet circle-jerkists have promoted the ribeye, medium rare, no sauce orthodoxy for too long. though their option is delicious, their myopia borne of insecurity (many of them were mcdonalds-eaters a scant few years ago) and inexperience leaves some nuanced alternatives behind. some of them will even insecurely try to insult such preparations, though the true gourmand will know their words have no real backing.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
also if i went to a restaurant and ordered steak and you gave me four tiny little strips like that i would be pretty upset, though they do look tasty

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ill eat my meat with a chimichurri i dont give a gently caress

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
not being able to make a good well-done steak is a sign of an untalented or poorly-trained chef

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ashgromnies posted:

how do you guys feel about steak in sauce

eg steak au poivre or steak diane?

i find they're delicious ways to use tenderloin, but for ribeye i am a traditionalist and only use salt/pepper and a light coating of oil

Steak and bearnaise is perhaps my favorite meal ever.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Noyemi K posted:

Steak nazis are almost as bad as pizza nazis, OP

I figure if you're paying for the steak, order it any drat way you want it.

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
i only like my steak extra well done or double well with a small pond of A1

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

embykins posted:

i only like my steak extra well done or double well with a small pond of A1

The litmus test for the severity of head-up-rear end syndrome is the lethality of the aneurysm this gives to the observer.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I don't care if people like the taste of well done steaks, but if they refuse to eat less burnt meat because they are little bitch pussies who are afraid of pink steak then it pisses me off.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
medium rare with diane or pepper sauce thanks

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I assume that people who like their steaks well done just don't have a well developed palette, or perhaps haven't had much quality steak before. I assume that people who like their steaks blue are sociopathic murderers at heart.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
A well done steak without ketchup is like a pizza without pineapple.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you cook your steak well done and/or cut the fat off why the gently caress are you eating steak at all? Just eat a shoe you steak wasting rear end in a top hat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Blue steak? What are you talking about? I've seen red steaks, brown steaks, even gray and green steaks. Never blue.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

notZaar posted:

Blue steak? What are you talking about? I've seen red steaks, brown steaks, even gray and green steaks. Never blue.

Are you some kind of culinary scrub? Do you not know the various stages of rarity?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are you some kind of culinary scrub? Do you not know the various stages of rarity?

Sure I do: medium well and well done

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Medium rare is the best, although medium is also good. Anything else is loving garbage.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just ate like a 1 lb pork chop for dinner. apple and sage it was hella good

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

yoyodyne posted:

A well done steak without ketchup is like a pizza without pineapple.

Perfectly edible?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i boil my steaks so i can have the best of both worlds: fully cooked steak that is also tender and juicy

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
milk steak

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

Business Gorillas posted:

i boil my steaks so i can have the best of both worlds: fully cooked steak that is also tender and juicy

theres actually this cooking gadget thing where you do this but in sealed plastic bags at a precise temperature until it's perfectly cooked and then you pan sear both sides hot as gently caress real quick. forgot what it's called I think it was some French name but it looked pretty pro

Tussin Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 24, 2014

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tussin Grimace posted:

theres actually this cooking gadget thinging where you do this but in sealed plastic bags at a precise temperature until it's perfectly cooked and then you pan sear both sides hot as gently caress real quick. forgot what it's called I think it was some French name but it looked pretty pro

its called sous vide but lmao if i'm gonna get an expensive machine when i have a vat of boiling cola roaring on my stove 24/7

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tussin Grimace posted:

theres actually this cooking gadget thing where you do this but in sealed plastic bags at a precise temperature until it's perfectly cooked and then you pan sear both sides hot as gently caress real quick. forgot what it's called I think it was some French name but it looked pretty pro

sous vide is gross unless you sear it afterwards. otherwise you have a slab of warm tender meat without any kind of crusty goodness or nice texture

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tussin Grimace posted:

sous vide is for gays

edit: beaten like a redheaded stepchild

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When was the last time you ate meat that wasn't heavily seasoned and then charred until the flavor has been completely eliminated? You don't like the taste of meat you like the taste of the seasonings (which are vegetables). The meat is essentially only there to provide texture. Is it really worth killing an animal just for the sake of something to hold up your seasonings?

WAKE UP TO THE LIE THAT IS MEAT.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i eat meat to gain the strenght of the animal im consuming

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

eating meat is indefensible from any ethical standpoint but it tastes REALLY good imo

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
if by seasonings you mean olive oil, salt, and pepper then yeah lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Applewhite posted:

When was the last time you ate meat that wasn't heavily seasoned and then charred until the flavor has been completely eliminated? You don't like the taste of meat you like the taste of the seasonings (which are vegetables). The meat is essentially only there to provide texture. Is it really worth killing an animal just for the sake of something to hold up your seasonings?

WAKE UP TO THE LIE THAT IS MEAT.

lmbo, okay, you tell me textured soy protein is the same as beef or pork and i'll tell you you're a lying rear end in a top hat :owned:

That being said, boca burgers actually taste quite good

• Locked thread