Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

It's okay. Just because you're slow doesn't necessarily mean you're retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Iamblikhos posted:

I was going to address your concern, but then I saw your red title. Dodged a bullet there...

Taking the easy way out... I see

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
be nice kids, it's a rule in the new GBS

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Iamblikhos posted:

Fact: 98% of people who bitch about "the hivemind" do so because their objectively false and morally reprehensible views received deserved mockery.

That's the hivemind mentality I'm talking about, right there. Sorry, just because a bunch of people believe something, doesn't make it 'Objective' truth, even if it's the opposite of what the Tea Party believes (though that is usually a safe bet.) Christ, for a bunch of people who complain about how the Right marches in lockstepped ignorance, I see a lot of similar behavior in folks here who really should know better. Especially when people are on their side but trying to tell them that they're making really dumb generalizations that are going to push away people who agree with their cause but are familiar enough with the situation to know that they're spewing bullshit.

I'm thinking of the time a bunch of folks were circle-jerking about the Sadler study of rape in the military and screamed at the posters who pointed out that her study had massive sampling bias (she only interviewed a handful female Vietnam -> pre-Gulf War I vets who were being treated for PTSD...think about it for a second, this was prior to women being engaged in active combat, so what other sorts of life events are likely to induce PTSD in women besides combat?) and other studies with a much, much larger sample pool across more varied respondents concluded that the sexual assault rates were actually quite a bit lower than their civilian counterparts. Nonetheless, anyone who dared to challenge the *only* study that came up with that ludicrous statistic--that 1-in-3 women in ]the military are raped--were denounced as "rape apologists". Fact: the actual number is closer to 1-in-9, significantly better than the 1-in-6 rate among college coeds. And still completely unacceptable--but no one was arguing that it was, just that Sadler's study was sensational bullshit with really bad sampling bias, and thankfully, the real statistic was less horrifying.

And no, that thread couldn't have been the source of my BRCT because it was 3 or 4 years before it appeared. Unless someone really harbored a grudge for a long time and finally got $10 scraped together.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Sapper posted:

That's the hivemind mentality I'm talking about, right there. Sorry, just because a bunch of people believe something, doesn't make it 'Objective' truth, even if it's the opposite of what the Tea Party believes (though that is usually a safe bet.) Christ, for a bunch of people who complain about how the Right marches in lockstepped ignorance, I see a lot of similar behavior in folks here who really should know better. Especially when people are on their side but trying to tell them that they're making really dumb generalizations that are going to push away people who agree with their cause but are familiar enough with the situation to know that they're spewing bullshit.

I'm thinking of the time a bunch of folks were circle-jerking about the Sadler study of rape in the military and screamed at the posters who pointed out that her study had massive sampling bias (she only interviewed a handful female Vietnam -> pre-Gulf War I vets who were being treated for PTSD...think about it for a second, this was prior to women being engaged in active combat, so what other sorts of life events are likely to induce PTSD in women besides combat?) and other studies with a much, much larger sample pool across more varied respondents concluded that the sexual assault rates were actually quite a bit lower than their civilian counterparts. Nonetheless, anyone who dared to challenge the *only* study that came up with that ludicrous statistic--that 1-in-3 women in ]the military are raped--were denounced as "rape apologists". Fact: the actual number is closer to 1-in-9, significantly better than the 1-in-6 rate among college coeds. And still completely unacceptable--but no one was arguing that it was, just that Sadler's study was sensational bullshit with really bad sampling bias, and thankfully, the real statistic was less horrifying.

And no, that thread couldn't have been the source of my BRCT because it was 3 or 4 years before it appeared. Unless someone really harbored a grudge for a long time and finally got $10 scraped together.

:bravo:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Sapper posted:

Theres people who literally believe the woman next to them at work makes 75 cents on the dollar. Dont bother trying to talk rationally with them.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you hear that gbs? red titles = rape

sometimes people just deserve em

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

What if someone said "anime is bad" and then you bought them a cute anime avatar? That'd be funny.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
nostalgia got me missin my first red title and also my second

Mr. Welfare
Feb 12, 2009

Centrelink's Finest
The Australian taxpayer paid for it, so yes.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

krampster2 posted:

What if someone said "anime is bad" and then you bought them a cute anime avatar? That'd be funny.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

loving lol get owned.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I like mine tho

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i was given a custom title by Brother Jonathan when he was a mod, referencing bill cosby, pudding and sodomy, because i posted a picture of bill cosby a lot

then he was demodded for being severely autistic, and i received my old title back. good times.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

I like mine tho

So do I but if you don't like anime it's pretty funny.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

scalded schlong posted:

i was given a custom title by Brother Jonathan when he was a mod, referencing bill cosby, pudding and sodomy, because i posted a picture of bill cosby a lot

then he was demodded for being severely autistic, and i received my old title back. good times.

mods brother jonathan knew

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

What's the deal with Cardiovorax? his is

he's the dude (?) who repeatedly and selflessly stopped his pedophile neighbour from loving his own sons, when he was a teen, in Germany.using his own rear end.

think they're transitioning now, and likes to let their pet rats nibble on their nail polish.

e: i love this website

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Please do not throw me in the Briar Patch

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Hey, what's the story behind the diablo gold one I've been seeing all over the place in Games?

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

he's the dude (?) who repeatedly and selflessly stopped his pedophile neighbour from loving his own sons, when he was a teen, in Germany.using his own rear end.

think they're transitioning now, and likes to let their pet rats nibble on their nail polish.

e: i love this website

:eyepop:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i don't know who gave me mine, but i hate it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This is my second maybe third one (well maybe forth but that one doesn't count because it wasn't negative). I think the best part if when people just quote the avatar as if they're making some valid point, it's pretty sweet.

harpomarxist
Oct 7, 2007

Useless twat opinions from everybody's favorite British coffee shop revolutionary!
Because I called TOILETLORD dumb I think?

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

notZaar posted:

It's the awful app for iPad. Actually it doesn't show any text in the custom title. The android one shows black text.

You can see it if you click on the blue arrow next to a name, then profile, but that's extra work

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
vile rat gave me mine because i called him a fag or something

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, I got one playing mafia once but who cares because its forums mafia.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They didn't make it big and red so people think I bought it for myself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Furnok Dorn posted:

vile rat gave me mine because i called him a fag or something

guess we know who won that one huh

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

scalded schlong posted:

guess we know who won that one huh

:iceburn:

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I got mine in GBS when jokes were still a bannable offense, not sure how or what post

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
got my title bc TFF is butt hurt i dont care ap hit his child

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i recently got mine because i owned some sheeple and made them think so hard they spent 10 dollars

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

i think i've earned it. but i regret nothing.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i recently got mine because i owned some sheeple and made them think so hard they spent 10 dollars

actually you got it because I was INTENSELY drunk, hth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Noyemi K posted:

actually you got it because I was INTENSELY drunk, hth

im kind of growing fond of it so thanks

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

What's the deal with Cardiovorax? his is

He's just incredibly gay and almost exclusively posts in the trannychat thread is all

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

im kind of growing fond of it so thanks

cool :guinness:

I gave another one to someone else, but there's no text. you'll know it if you see it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I will play Noyemi's game because I support indie gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

Im really trying man..no such luck

• Locked thread