Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For the two 4-6 month periods of unemployment I've had in the last three years I pretty much would just spend literally all my time in my room playing video games and reading internets and jerking off, only leaving the house to get groceries. Being unemployed is pretty bad for me, I could sleep for 12 or 14 hours just cause I had no reason to get up.

When I have a job it's basically the same thing except I go to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
I work a job and see and interact with my coworkers daily. Office has ~500 or so people in it.

Also I go out in public and see and interact with people there too.

Do I meet the criteria for this thread?

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
I don't wish I could live in my room but I wish I could do drugs and game all day and come and go when I loving feel like it.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

I want this to be real.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Less Is Definitely posted:

I want this to be real.

ir can be ur life friend less is definitely!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ps is ur name a play on the phrase less is more bc if so kudos!

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah great, you don't know either of these people

That's exactly right, champ - I don't know either of them. I based my comment on what the OP of that post said, specifically his text that I quoted. 

Why? Do you only comment on posts where you know the OP and the parties mentioned in the post? Pffft.

quote:

and they sound perfectly happy

As the OP said, they're "very happy" - I'm not sure if that constitutes as "perfectly happy" but whatever.

quote:

so what's the problem?

gently caress knows, you're the one telling the story, dude. I merely pointed out that his girlfriend is pathetic and a financial dead-weight to the relationship when she could just as easily be contributing. You understand that they're not married, right? I'm talking about the lack of self-respect in a woman who deems it normal to sponge 100% off her boyfriend, isn't self-sufficient, and has no independence. She's just fkn lazy.

quote:

You jelly? You're jelly.

LoL! Perhaps it would be better if you didn't answer for me, eh? Of course I'm not jelly. Why would I, or anyone, be jealous of a woman who is unemployed, does nothing but play vid games all day, and who's very existence is reliant on financial support from her boyfriend? Wtf? =) 

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

same

Firmy Shoyombo
Apr 3, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

I want this to be real.

It's where I live.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

No Grandma, get off of my Something Awful forums :rolleyes:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gunky Junket posted:

Blah blah blah

GF put 80% down on the house we're in so if she wants to gently caress off until she finally decides to go back to work I really don't have a problem with it. She pays for her own junk, I pay the joke of a mortgage and monthly bills. She hates having me pay for her, we went through that once years ago. She'll get a job way before she has to hit me up. In closing: :smug:

Someone asked if we see anyone. We have a naked drunk game night every Saturday with the few random people we have met since we moved. Last night was Smash Bros and that Dune movie.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Studio apartment so it basically is just one big room.

It doesn't bother me too much since I enjoy the solitude. However at the same time It's made me realize I'd probably have an issue with living with someone else since I'm incredibly protective of my me time and doing whatever I want. It would be nice to have someone to share the same things that I like with, though.

God I am fundamentally screwed at being in relationship, and I'm not getting any younger. :smith:

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 24, 2014

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

King Vidiot posted:

No Grandma, get off of my Something Awful forums :rolleyes:

Lol these aren't your forums, douche, nor is it your site.. and don't be mean to my avatar, she's probably a dear ol' thing! *rolls eyes*

LethalGeek posted:

drivel, drivel, blah, blah

Lol so you say. Your first post did indicate that she had no income though. So, apparently she has her PPR almost sorted.. I'd still be looking at buying IP's to get an income stream happening, especially if she's doing gently caress all each day. Lazy as gently caress is still lazy as gently caress. *shrugs*

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well it's looking like within the next couple of years I'll be a stay at home dad because the gf makes the big bucks, so I don't really plan on leaving the living room or garage much. I'll get back to you.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
same except i talk to people because self-checkout lines are bullshit for people who like to work for free op

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

so I don't really plan on leaving the living room or garage much.

Lol while I've not yet had experience in that area myself, I'm gonna take a punt that playing Mr. Mum is probably gonna entail a whole lot more than barely leaving the living room or garage. I hope it won't be too much of a shock to your system. All the best though, Ramsus.. go forth and multiply. :D

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Despite being a hermit my voice doesn't go out thanks to me always talking to myself.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

There isn't any other animals like Pikachu, therefor no sex organs, so I'm guessing that's an anus?

cloaca

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Gunky Junket posted:

Lol while I've not yet had experience in that area myself, I'm gonna take a punt that playing Mr. Mum is probably gonna entail a whole lot more than barely leaving the living room or garage. I hope it won't be too much of a shock to your system. All the best though, Ramsus.. go forth and multiply. :D

I already have a daughter, so it won't be a big shock. Aside from errands you can pretty much do the job in your pajamas.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

nomadologique posted:

ps is ur name a play on the phrase less is more bc if so kudos!

Yeah, it's pretty rad, I know. :smugdog:

LethalGeek posted:

We have a naked drunk game night every Saturday with the few random people we have met since we moved. Last night was Smash Bros and that Dune movie.

Wait, how does that work out? "So... uh... do you like video games and movies? ... Good. ... Good. ... uuh... Do you like being naked while playing video games and watching movies? ... At all?"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I have a pretty easy life. I'm 26 and still live at home in a country/semi-rural property of about 10 acres. At 18 I got diagnosed with epilepsy so I'm not allowed to drive a car which makes it hard to get out and do things (it's also a pretty hilly area so walking or riding a bike home is always a bitch). Me and my GF have a goal to get our own place in like 5 years.

My parents are ok with me being here because they can be confident I'm not convulsing and dying somewhere; they let me live there without paying rent and I help them by basically keeping the place in order - Gardening, cleaning, maintenance (painting, cleaning gutters, that kind of stuff). At the moment I only 'work' like one day each week and I'm also studying IT stuff.

I spend my free time playing poo poo like DOTA and Warframe. Games are pretty boring sometimes so I'm glad there's always other poo poo that needs doing.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Yeah, it's pretty rad, I know. :smugdog:

Wait, how does that work out? "So... uh... do you like video games and movies? ... Good. ... Good. ... uuh... Do you like being naked while playing video games and watching movies? ... At all?"

gross fat nerd plus his workshy gross fat nerdgirlfriend are pansexual genderfluid polys, is my bet.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I spend most of my time in my office and issue out dad orders from the comfort of my chair. If I have to leave my comfy chair I bring Hell with me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
no op i have my own house so i never leave my den tyvm

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

LethalGeek posted:

I live in my room, sorta.

I work from home and my office is 2600 miles away so I never, ever have to go in. I'm naked 24/7 unless it's just plain too cold. I can go a week at a time without having to engage with anyone besides my GF, who is probably who you want to talk to as she has no job and plays video games all day. When we're not parked at the computers we're upstairs in the media room with the big TV & bar loving off watching nerd poo poo or game shows.

We're very happy we don't have to give a gently caress about anything. Except a dog and minor bills. I'm going to disappoint as I actually own weights & a stepper machine and keep in shape. We do bathe regularly. Only people I see regularly are the ones at the grocery store, and I go through the self check out so I don't even have to talk to them. I download/order most things online so I don't have to bother getting dressed.

It's loving sweet I love my life.

You're living in heaven right now. If you're both happy then there's nothing wrong with that, and it's good you keep yourself in shape. That does not disappoint.

SHISHKABOB posted:

I live in my room. I haven't gone to class since last Monday about a week ago. I go outside to go to the store to buy food and booze, I talk to my roommates when I run into them. I spend most of my time asleep, lying in bed, or on the computer.

This thanksgiving I'm going home for the holiday and I'm gonna hang out with friends. Thinking about the idea of people enjoying spending time with me or liking me as a friend causes me to practically break down mentally, like I'm standing there choppin up food and then suddenly my heart is racing and I feel like I'm going to start sobbing because I thought to myself "this person wants to be my friend".

I fell asleep at 8am and just woke up about an hour ago at 5pm.

You sound like you're depressed. Even if you don't think there's no use and don't feel the energy to do so, you should go out for a walk somewhere. It will get the mind flowing more to figure stuff out. Sleeping for that long is definitely not a good thing. You need to fill your life with a variety of experiences and keep your brain stimulated.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I don't mean loving randos off the street or craigslist. I mean friends who don't have extreme adhd

Nightmares of living with randos off Craigslist is my life story. Kind me made me realize that like 90% of all people on earth are really awful in some way or another.

ChairMaster posted:

For the two 4-6 month periods of unemployment I've had in the last three years I pretty much would just spend literally all my time in my room playing video games and reading internets and jerking off, only leaving the house to get groceries. Being unemployed is pretty bad for me, I could sleep for 12 or 14 hours just cause I had no reason to get up.

Maybe doing something creative would be good for you.

Wicker Man posted:

Studio apartment so it basically is just one big room.

It doesn't bother me too much since I enjoy the solitude. However at the same time It's made me realize I'd probably have an issue with living with someone else since I'm incredibly protective of my me time and doing whatever I want. It would be nice to have someone to share the same things that I like with, though.

Studio apartments own. Where do you live? Can we see what your place is like?

Gunky Junket posted:

Lol these aren't your forums, douche, nor is it your site.. and don't be mean to my avatar, she's probably a dear ol' thing! *rolls eyes*

Lol so you say. Your first post did indicate that she had no income though. So, apparently she has her PPR almost sorted.. I'd still be looking at buying IP's to get an income stream happening, especially if she's doing gently caress all each day. Lazy as gently caress is still lazy as gently caress. *shrugs*

Can you shut up already? He already explained that she put 80% down for the place, so that's something. You shouldn't care so much.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I've learned if you're upfront about stuff you might turn some people off but the rest will surprise you. Most people are actually ok about it, to the point where me dressed is now the thing that stands out. That and I mostly hang out with women so shocker when you're in shape no one really seems to mind...

that or I have a talent for finding gross weirdos :v:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

I have a pretty easy life. I'm 26 and still live at home in a country/semi-rural property of about 10 acres. At 18 I got diagnosed with epilepsy so I'm not allowed to drive a car which makes it hard to get out and do things (it's also a pretty hilly area so walking or riding a bike home is always a bitch). Me and my GF have a goal to get our own place in like 5 years.

My parents are ok with me being here because they can be confident I'm not convulsing and dying somewhere; they let me live there without paying rent and I help them by basically keeping the place in order - Gardening, cleaning, maintenance (painting, cleaning gutters, that kind of stuff). At the moment I only 'work' like one day each week and I'm also studying IT stuff.

I spend my free time playing poo poo like DOTA and Warframe. Games are pretty boring sometimes so I'm glad there's always other poo poo that needs doing.

It's really cool that they didn't try to bootstrap you given you really got the short stick. Guessing the plan is to move somewhere that you can get around via bus/train so you can live without needing a ride all the time?

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

I've learned if you're upfront about stuff you might turn some people off but the rest will surprise you. Most people are actually ok about it, to the point where me dressed is now the thing that stands out. That and I mostly hang out with women so shocker when you're in shape no one really seems to mind...

Did you just ask them about coming over for a movie or a video game, and when they eventually arrived, if they would mind being naked? I'm genuinely interested.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

LethalGeek posted:

It's really cool that they didn't try to bootstrap you given you really got the short stick. Guessing the plan is to move somewhere that you can get around via bus/train so you can live without needing a ride all the time?

That's pretty much the idea, yeah.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Did you just ask them about coming over for a movie or a video game, and when they eventually arrived, if they would mind being naked? I'm genuinely interested.

Nah we tell everyone up front that clothes aren't a big thing in my house. I have 1 friend* who honestly can't deal so if she ever visits I'll act like a normal person but everyone else we know is either the same or doesn't care. We'll ask if some unknown person is coming in tow with someone else cause we don't want to make a scene about it, we don't care that hard. Kinda like asking someone if they smoke pot/drink/whatever, unless they're a complete spaz they just go sure cool or nah not my thing and that's that.

A friend of a friend who got surprised with this (friend had a key, surprised me passed out on the couch) and I'm going so I'm going to go get dressed and they insisted it was my place do what I want. That 3rd person later told me that yeah it was kinda weird at first but once they realized this wasn't some exhibitionist or sexual thing for me that it stopped being a big deal. I do it cause I'm typically too warm unless it's the dead of winter, I dump body heat like crazy.

*Or if family visits, duh.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
hello yes, this thread is about me, i live in a 3 room shack in the scandinavian wilderness with two cats and i have not engaged a single person outside of: grocery store people, shrink, doctor, mother, stephdad and sister in 4 years. AMA

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

Dongattack posted:

hello yes, this thread is about me, i live in a 3 room shack in the scandinavian wilderness with two cats and i have not engaged a single person outside of: grocery store people, shrink, doctor, mother, stephdad and sister in 4 years. AMA

Do you think about having sex

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014

Tussin Grimace posted:

If you get like a storage tote or something you can go in it and reduce the amount of times you have to leave your room by like 70%

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I spend most of my time in my office and issue out dad orders from the comfort of my chair. If I have to leave my comfy chair I bring Hell with me.

I hear you.

I spent 4 years building a kickass mancave, and now when the day is done that is where I want to be.... but stupid wife and kid loving me and wanting to spend time with me... guh. Exhausting.

But someday, the kid will grow up and be gone and then I will "like....LIVE in my room."

Yesterday's old folks go to the nursing home and sit in the hall praying for visitors. I think we, when we get that old, will be perfectly happy in our dotage as long as we have broadband, netflix, a flat screen, and surround sound speakers.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
That was just supposed to be a reply.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Tussin Grimace posted:

yes

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

NakedWithCandy posted:

If you get like a storage tote or something you can go in it and reduce the amount of times you have to leave your room by like 70%

why would anyone want to enter a 20 gallon container? i understand how dracula evaded sunlight in an oak cask, like a fine spirit might in order to refine itself, but living in sterilite sounds like something a fallen husk of a man would resort to, in order to find solitude and save on rent, like a thrifty jew who abhors usury.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TheMostFrench posted:

this sounds awesome i wish i had epilepsy. so jealous.....

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Nah we tell everyone up front that clothes aren't a big thing in my house. I have 1 friend* who honestly can't deal so if she ever visits I'll act like a normal person but everyone else we know is either the same or doesn't care. We'll ask if some unknown person is coming in tow with someone else cause we don't want to make a scene about it, we don't care that hard. Kinda like asking someone if they smoke pot/drink/whatever, unless they're a complete spaz they just go sure cool or nah not my thing and that's that.

A friend of a friend who got surprised with this (friend had a key, surprised me passed out on the couch) and I'm going so I'm going to go get dressed and they insisted it was my place do what I want. That 3rd person later told me that yeah it was kinda weird at first but once they realized this wasn't some exhibitionist or sexual thing for me that it stopped being a big deal. I do it cause I'm typically too warm unless it's the dead of winter, I dump body heat like crazy.

*Or if family visits, duh.

That's cool. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I live alone, in a small apartment with an individual terrace that has a sweet jacuzzi but I rarely use it.
I'm in underwear most of the time I'm in the apartment, but I'm outside most of the time, working or going out or shopping.
Sometimes when I have no social life arranged, I just go shopping and walk around the neighborhood. Some days I've gone shopping two or three times to the same supermarket in the same day because I'm starved for some human contact.
Well, that and not wanting to buy more food than strictly necessary because food rots.

• Locked thread