Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Baba Ganoush posted:

I honestly can't believe you didn't include Jews because they're like 90% of the US government.

:nsamad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
To be fair the notion of war crimes is dumb and only made so the west can punish people it doesn't like. War itself is a crime against humanity. To separate the murder of people into sections of acceptable slaughter and unacceptable slaughter is absurd to a hilarious degree.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Harry S. Truman needs to be on that list. Mother fucker was the only guy to drop nuclear bombs on cities.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

MegaGatts posted:

To be fair the notion of war crimes is dumb and only made so the west can punish people it doesn't like. War itself is a crime against humanity. To separate the murder of people into sections of acceptable slaughter and unacceptable slaughter is absurd to a hilarious degree.

-a childs opinion

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

This is really negative, so let's go with a hero story.

Hugh Thompson Jr.

He landed his helicopter near the village of My Lai

quote:

Thompson asked a sergeant he encountered there (David Mitchell of the 1st Platoon) if he could help get the people out of the ditch, and the sergeant replied that he would "help them out of their misery". Thompson, shocked and confused, then spoke with 2LT Calley, who claimed to be "just following orders". As the helicopter took off, Thompson saw Mitchell firing into the ditch.

At this point Warrant Officer Thompson decided that this was loving horrible bullshit.

quote:

"just hold your men right where they are, and I'll get the kids out". He found 12–16 people in the bunker, coaxed them out and led them to the helicopter, standing with them while they were flown out in two groups.

Thompson flew dozens of innocents out of the village.

quote:

Spotting some survivors in the ditch, Thompson landed again. A crew member entered the ditch and returned with a bloodied, but apparently unharmed child who was flown to safety. The child was thought to be a boy, but later turned out to be a four-year-old girl. Thompson then reported what he had seen to his company commander, Major (MAJ) Frederic W. Watke, using terms such as "murder" and "needless and unnecessary killings". Thompson's statements were confirmed by other helicopter pilots and air crew members.

Thompson witnessed other soldiers murdering innocent Vietnamese bystanders and spoke up.

quote:

As the DFC citation included a fabricated account of rescuing a young girl from My Lai from "intense crossfire" Thompson threw his medal away

Thompson didn't take any of that poo poo and was the definition of a real war hero.

code:
Thompson: What's going on here, Lieutenant?
Calley: This is my business.
Thompson: What is this? Who are these people?
Calley: Just following orders.
Thompson: Orders? Whose orders?
Calley: Just following...
Thompson: But, these are human beings, unarmed civilians, sir.
Calley: Look Thompson, this is my show. I'm in charge here. It ain't your concern.
Thompson: Yeah, great job.
Calley: You better get back in that chopper and mind your own business.
Thompson: You ain't heard the last of this!

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Top City Homo posted:

-a childs opinion

-a comment from a retarded person.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

TEAYCHES posted:

This is really negative, so let's go with a hero story.

Hugh Thompson Jr.

it's ok though the guy who did that "murdering women and children" thing got an appropriate punishment

quote:

William Laws Calley, Jr. (born June 8, 1943) is a former United States Army officer found guilty of murdering 22 unarmed South Vietnamese civilians in the My Lai Massacre on March 16, 1968, during the Vietnam War. After several reductions, Calley’s original sentence of life in prison was turned into an order of house arrest

oh well that's kind of hosed up but surely the president can step in and fix this travesty

quote:

but after three years, President Nixon reduced his sentence with a presidential pardon.

lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

added Nixon to the list.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what did the war criminals at Nuremberg get anyway? it was hanging, right? if they didn't have knowledge of rocket propulsion

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i'd like to nominate Máel Brigte the Bucktoothed to the war criminal list

quote:

According to the Orkneyinga saga, towards the end of his reign, Sigurd challenged a native ruler, Máel Brigte the Bucktoothed, to a 40-man-a-side battle. Treacherously, Sigurd brought 80 men to the fight. Máel Brigte was defeated and beheaded. Sigurd strapped the head to his saddle as a trophy, but as Sigurd rode, Máel Brigte's buck-tooth scratched his leg. The leg became inflamed and infected, and as a result Sigurd died. He was buried in a tumulus known as Sigurd's Howe, or Sigurðar-haugr, from the Old Norse word haugr meaning mound or barrow. The location of Sigurd's Howe is most probably modern-day Sidera or Cyderhall near Dornoch.[1][3][4]

Sigurd's death was apparently followed by a period of instability.[3] He was succeeded by his son Guttorm, who died within a few months. Rognvald made his son Hallad Earl of Orkney, but Hallad could not contain the pirate Vikings, resigned his earldom and returned to Norway in disgrace.[1][3][4] The sagas say that Rognvald's other sons were more interested in conquering places other than Scotland, and so the earldom was given to Rognvald's youngest son, Einarr, whose mother was a slave.[4]

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

what did the war criminals at Nuremberg get anyway? it was hanging, right? if they didn't have knowledge of rocket propulsion

Look, all I'm saying is that Unit 731 should get a pardon 'cause they gave us all the information they gathered for us torturing and murdering people.

(Add everyone from that and who helped them later to list)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Business Gorillas posted:

i'd like to nominate Máel Brigte the Bucktoothed to the war criminal list

inter-tribal disputes between my ancestors dont really own up to the definition of war crimes, sorry.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Dead Precedents posted:

Look, all I'm saying is that Unit 731 should get a pardon 'cause they gave us all the information they gathered for us torturing and murdering people.

(Add everyone from that and who helped them later to list)

added to the list

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

Teayches please describe a hypothetical war without war crimes. I cannot imagine one.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MegaGatts posted:

Teayches please describe a hypothetical war without war crimes. I cannot imagine one.

All wars imply war crimes, but all wars are optional. The United States has chosen to wage endless war upon a number of states in an insane Imperial quest which will end in failure.

The United States faces no existential threat. There is no threat facing the United States. All wars which we wage are aggressive and, if you can excuse my language, extremely hosed up.

Also hundreds of thousands of real human beings have died, directly, from this.

TEAYCHES fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 23, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

We have literally extinguished hundreds of thousands of unique existences, or however you want to put it. People. Humans. Families?

They are dead now, thanks to American military might and an amazing lie concocted by the United States in TYOOL 2003.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

If the same standards were applied to US officials as were applied to Nazi leaders in 1945 they would easily be convicted of war crimes by any court of blind and fair justice. This includes such notable names like Barack H. Obama, Donald H. Rumsfeld, George H. W. Bush, Hillary R. Clinton, John F. Kerry, John D. Ashcroft, Alberto R. Gonzalez, Eric H. Holder, Jr. etc.

All of these people are guilty of heinous warcrimes against innocent people. They have been complicit in the murder of children and the shirking of any possible responsibility for it.

The next presidential election will give you a choice between current or possible war criminals.

Added:

Robert S. McNamara
Heinz A. Kissinger
Ghenghis Khan
Tony C. L. Blair
Adolf Hitler
Vladimir I. Ulyanov
Hulagu Khan
Publius C. S. A. A. Numantinus
Harry S. Truman
Richard M. Nixon
Shirō Ishii

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

All wars imply war crimes, but all wars are optional. The United States has chosen to wage endless war upon a number of states in an insane Imperial quest which will end in failure.

The United States faces no existential threat. There is no threat facing the United States. All wars which we wage are aggressive and, if you can excuse my language, extremely hosed up.

Also hundreds of real human beings have died, directly, from this.

So instead of making a list why don't you just say every American military commander of like major on up?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MegaGatts posted:

So instead of making a list why don't you just say every American military commander of like major on up?

because that would be missing the forest for the trees, you dumb poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

We have literally extinguished hundreds of thousands of unique existences, or however you want to put it. People. Humans. Families?

They are dead now, thanks to American military might and an amazing lie concocted by the United States in TYOOL 2003.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

because that would be missing the forest for the trees, you dumb poo poo.

Ah, you want another thread where you can impotently rant about things. Gotcha.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
nah

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

TEAYCHES posted:

youre on a tear and i wont stop you. i know you are a good person

One day you may make a good thread. But this is not that day and this is that thread.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MegaGatts posted:

Ah, you want another thread where you can impotently rant about things. Gotcha.

Yes, the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs, some of which I knew, are just the products of impotent raging, for your psychopathic worldview.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Iamblikhos posted:

One day you may make a good thread. But this is not that day and this is that thread.

good to know this is that thread, retard

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
you should prob look up who killed them, since you knew them n stuff

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Scipio the Younger is innocent. Sure he razed Carthage to the ground, on direct orders from the Senate, but he did so after evacuating all the citizens.

Robert Macnamara was an actual psychopath. I saw the interview series he did on the Vietnam years and the utter disconnect from reality was awe-inspiring. It should be shown in psych classes as a test case.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

you should prob look up who killed them, since you knew them n stuff

who killed who? i need names for the list.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

TEAYCHES posted:

good to know this is that thread, retard

Yeah, I kinda was asking for it with that typo.

This is a bad thread, is what I'm trying to say.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Vengarr posted:

Scipio the Younger is innocent. Sure he razed Carthage to the ground, on direct orders from the Senate, but he did so after evacuating all the citizens.

Robert Macnamara was an actual psychopath. I saw the interview series he did on the Vietnam years and the utter disconnect from reality was awe-inspiring. It should be shown in psych classes as a test case.

He was no Scipio Africanus, though. That guy was a balla.

Louis
Nov 23, 2014
All violent acts should be accounted for. It is up to the people at large to expose the brutal injustices that happen in the world and act against them.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Iamblikhos posted:

Yeah, I kinda was asking for it with that typo.

This is a bad thread, is what I'm trying to say.

What I'm trying to say is that you don't have a point of view or any kind of ethical argument to make other than an existential shrugging of your own shoulders :(

If you don't care or don't give a poo poo, put that out there, because that's a totally real point to make, in my humble opinion.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

What I'm trying to say is that you don't have a point of view or any kind of ethical argument to make other than an existential shrugging of your own shoulders :(

If you don't care or don't give a poo poo, put that out there, because that's a totally real point to make, in my humble opinion.

I do. My point of view is that this is a terrible thread and my ethical argument is that you should feel bad for making a terrible thread like this one.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Iamblikhos posted:

I do. My point of view is that this is a terrible thread and my ethical argument is that you should feel bad for making a terrible thread like this one.

Actually, your posts are bad. You should feel bad for saying nothing and also for being dumb.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

You should feel bad for saying nothing and also for being dumb.

This is exactly how I feel about this thread.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

That also has, may I point out, little to do with the veracity of warcrimes accusations against the US government during the Iraq and Afghan wars.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Still haven't answered how the current president is a war criminal. I'm waiting.

• Locked thread