Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I love this thread so much. You're all really good people. :kimchi:

Edit: new page!

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Jumping spiders are cute.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sociopastry posted:

I love this thread so much. You're all really good people. :kimchi:

Edit: new page!

Snails are like my third favourite animal after capybaras and sloths so thank you for these :3:

I guess I just like slow animals.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

I find this story cute and uplifting. Though the link title is pretty stupid and clickbait-y.

http://www.ktvu.com/story/27533098/7-year-old-milpitas-girl-calls-out-publisher-on-sexist-book-series

7 years old has gotten to be the most adorable age.

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?

Michaellaneous posted:

Jumping spiders are cute.

Agreed!

Here's some peacock spiders in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

jumping spiders are super duper amazingly adorable, but wolf spiders have pretty cute faces too

look how wistful!
they're also excellent mothers

how's that for parenting?? :3:

vaguely has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Dec 3, 2014

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I wish there was a way to really domesticate a spider. Imagine if you could just set up a little house on an upper corner of a room, and the spider just chills there and eats flying bugs, and doesn't reproduce.

Just a dude hanging out with his super chill spider

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I saw an excerpt about a guy keeping a pet wasp somewhere on the forum, but I forget where. It was pretty :3:

Also, could you guys please timg the spider pictures? I think those are cute, but I know a lot of people get really uncomfortable about spiders, and this should be a good feels thread for everyone.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

BattleMaster posted:

Snails are like my third favourite animal after capybaras and sloths so thank you for these :3:

I guess I just like slow animals.

That's an excuse to repost this, I think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tdokh1KYuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqzPMOd_1g

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I wish there was a way to really domesticate a spider. Imagine if you could just set up a little house on an upper corner of a room, and the spider just chills there and eats flying bugs, and doesn't reproduce.

Just a dude hanging out with his super chill spider

If you leave spiders alone and just clean up egg sacs whenever you find them, you're pretty much just describing having a spider in your house.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuvaos1WHTk

Baby bats get belly rubbins and all wrapped up in itty bitty blankets. :kimchi:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My friend follows a "yardsale" type of page on Facebook where local people post things they want to sell or just get rid of.
Someone made a post of a kitten their kid had found on the side of the road. They were giving it away for free and my friend said there were some very sketchy responses so she snatched her bag and drove out to save the poor thing.

They took her to the vet and she checked out 100% healthy aside from being starved. She's somewhere between 6-8 weeks old and is as sweet as can be. Very little fear except for trying to run from loud sudden noises.

Now she's nice and cozy at her new home, getting as much food as she wants, she's had a bath, is getting flea treatments, and has two doggie siblings (who are being kept away until she gets older and stronger)

Her name is Marbles. :kimchi:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Buggiezor posted:

My friend follows a "yardsale" type of page on Facebook where local people post things they want to sell or just get rid of.
Someone made a post of a kitten their kid had found on the side of the road. They were giving it away for free and my friend said there were some very sketchy responses so she snatched her bag and drove out to save the poor thing.

Your friend is wonderful.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Help me, Buggiezor, I've melted.

:kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you leave spiders alone and just clean up egg sacs whenever you find them, you're pretty much just describing having a spider in your house.

This is what I do. I figure they're predators, so either there's things to eat that I like having around less than spiders, or the problem will solve itself.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is what I do. I figure they're predators, so either there's things to eat that I like having around less than spiders, or the problem will solve itself.

Pretty much. There's a spider that usually has a web up in the top corner of the back doorway to the house and one on the front porch too. I don't bother them and they doesn't bother me. Hell, 99% of the time when I do find a bug or spider in my room I catch it and throw it outside. I don't know why but for some reason I feel bad killing bugs in my room (except house centipedes, those are literally demons.)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Some spiders can go months without a meal. Very, very patient buggers.

My problem with spiders isn't knowing how they operate, that all makes excellent sense and I appreciate their function. My irrational fear of them spawns from irrational ideas, like that they'd climb down my throat or suck out my eyeball juice.

I don't mind jumpers though, they're cute :3:

So tiny!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Nagasaki Biopark vine is just undending cute stuff.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tracula posted:

Pretty much. There's a spider that usually has a web up in the top corner of the back doorway to the house and one on the front porch too. I don't bother them and they doesn't bother me. Hell, 99% of the time when I do find a bug or spider in my room I catch it and throw it outside. I don't know why but for some reason I feel bad killing bugs in my room (except house centipedes, those are literally demons.)

Hi, me! I scream as I suck them up with a vacuum cleaner! :sparkles:

Octopus!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
This child's story is pretty uplifting:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/transgender-child-11-goes-public-about-his-story-1.1706376

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

So tiny!

I just made a pouty face

I am not ashamed at all :3:

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

Sorry for more pug spam (not sorry)

This is where little pugs go when they have been bad.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

blaarghh posted:

Sorry for more pug spam (not sorry)

This is where little pugs go when they have been bad.

Look at those widdle feets! :3:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Das Boo posted:

Octopus!

Kleptopus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDab2mX5mXA

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Octopuses are the coolest.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I found the weirdest looking capy.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Oh man, I can't be the one who killed the cute thread with a deer. Have a pic of one of the guys who stopped buy to say hello to me this afternoon

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
Here's Tiger Lily, smiling like the pretty little girl she is.

(We tell her she's pretty, we don't want to hurt her feelings)

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Fuzz1138 posted:

These Star Wars trailers get weirder and weirder.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fuzz1138 posted:

Holy poo poo! What did you do to Chewbacca?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Fuzz1138 posted:

every ****ing day

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

What kind of critter is this? It looks like some kind of dog/fox, but I can't quite place it.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

CzarChasm posted:

What kind of critter is this? It looks like some kind of dog/fox, but I can't quite place it.

I'm pretty sure it's a seal mixed with a fox.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Second is an arctic fox. The first I'm honestly not sure if it's that or a dog.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
It's a Samoyed pup surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Soulpancake, one of my favorite youtube channels, decided to ask a bunch of kids what Christmas would be like if they were in charge...
And then they made it happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gJP8IdPwU

• Locked thread